Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improvements at Ryanair

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Have they already had aircraft delivered with this new interior and if not when should we expect to see the first of them in service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Jhcx wrote: »
    Michael must be loosing his marbles. Is all this change new uniforms, interiors, policies not going to have a big affect on profit somehow?. Like everything looks premium the uniform alone looks like its a massive step up.

Well I believe the new interiors are only coming on the newly purchased aircraft, they aren't going to change the interior on the existing aircraft. Instead they would be gradually phased out over the next 10 years.

So no increase in costs there.

Similarly uniforms need to be replaced on a semi regular basis due to wear and tear, so no big deal there.

Ryanairs gaudy cheap looking interior was more of a psychological trick to reinforce in peoples minds that they were the cheapest airline. In reality blue paint and cloth is no more expensive then yellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

bk wrote: »
    Well I believe the new interiors are only coming on the newly purchased aircraft, they aren't going to change the interior on the existing aircraft. Instead they would be gradually phased out over the next 10 years.

Similarly uniforms need to be replaced on a semi regular basis due to wear and tear, so no big deal there.

Ryanairs gaudy cheap looking interior was more of a psychological trick to reinforce in peoples minds that they were the cheapest airline. In reality blue paint and cloth is no more expensive then yellow!

Exactly, none of this has added much to its cost base. What it has done is make people think it is less nasty to travel with, therefore pushing up demand and profit

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

bk wrote: »

Having read the translated German article and I also heard elsewhere they will be retro fitting the existing fleet starting in November with the new seats and taking the yellow off the bulkheads and over head bins. Apparently studies have shown too much yellow makes people restless and makes babies cry more.

The new improvements they have made have boosted profits and load factors so much that the costs associated with retro fitted interiors are more than covered and will boost their new image even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

How many extra rows are they fitting in with the new design? Seats look narrower.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

AlekSmart wrote: »
    No sign of a coat-hook on those seatbacks.....something the Aer Lingus seats do have,and which can be most useful to those who travel light.

ah here.......talk about being f*cking petty now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Hmm....dunno how comfy those protruding head rests look?!! Looks like your head will be fixed forward.

Don't think the uniform costs the airline much at all as they got a young designer eager to make a name for herself to design them. Plus all crew pay for their uniform themselves so no doubt Ryanair will continue to report hundred million euro profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Kenny Jacobs the CMO said in an interview that the new seats would not have seat back pockets but would have coat hangers. I wouldn't take those pics as being exactly like the finished product although very close.

To the poster that asked, there are no extra rows being added to the -800. Still 189 seats so legroom could very marginally increase. They will get an extra 8 seats on the Max 200 by adding an extra emergency exit and reconfiguring the galleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wheety wrote: »
    How many extra rows are they fitting in with the new design? Seats look narrower.

Zero, as the plane is already at its certification limit for passengers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

murphaph wrote: »
    If they introduced assigned seating along the Aer Lingus model (you can pay in advance or wait until 30 hours before departure to check in and select a seat from what's left, or take whatever the system offers) then I'd be inclined to give FR a go again. The scramble for a seat business is just so pointlessly annoying. It's also inefficient as people block the aisle. Assigned seating + strict zonal boarding can get pax seated faster than the free for all.

They won't change the tacky interiors in a hurry as that costs real money, but process changes can be implemented at low cost.

seats are now allocated on all ryanair flights

have been for a good while now

AlekSmart wrote: »
    No sign of a coat-hook on those seatbacks.....something the Aer Lingus seats do have,and which can be most useful to those who travel light.

seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Isn't that just the stock 737NG 'Sky Interior' for all aircraft built in the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

sully2010 wrote: »
    Having read the translated German article and I also heard elsewhere they will be retro fitting the existing fleet starting in November with the new seats and taking the yellow off the bulkheads and over head bins. Apparently studies have shown too much yellow makes people restless and makes babies cry more.

I heard this also. Surely they would have to work on the current fleet in particular recent deliveries otherwise there would be a huge disparity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

lawred2 wrote: »

It is interesting that some people don't know that this is the case though - Ryanair have lost a lot of returning passengers with their attitude down the years. Still a lot of room for further growth for them as they continue to convince previously lost passengers to return to the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

lawred2 wrote: »

I posted that before this change was introduced.

murphaph wrote: »
    I posted that before this change was introduced.

really? fair enough

maybe MOL read your post then

edit: yeah I see the date on OP is 2013.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

sully2010 wrote: »
    Having read the translated German article and I also heard elsewhere they will be retro fitting the existing fleet starting in November with the new seats and taking the yellow off the bulkheads and over head bins. ......

The new improvements they have made have boosted profits and load factors so much that the costs associated with retro fitted interiors are more than covered and will boost their new image even more.

I'd also wonder if this is being done as part of the normal fleet renewal schedule.

People often complain about waste of money when new branding, etc. are being applied to aircraft, buses, trains, etc. without realising that even if you don't change the livery, you still need to renew vehicles on a regular scheduled basis or they end up looking grouty, rundown and old.

New branding, etc. can often be rolled out as part of the regular renewal schedule without it costing anything extra.

Advertisement