Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens' rugby Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ah ye.....I wasn't expecting the Shelbourne.

Probably best to head on out early as you say. Looking forward to it. Delighted to able to share the same experiences as I have with my son with my daughter. Hopefully th first of many.

Thanks for the helpful and decent response (unlike others).

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Been a while since Ireland have gone into a six nations game as favourites, albeit by the thinnest of margins.

Personally I think this Italian team is a bit more cohesive than Ireland and that could be enough to get them over the line. Conversion kicking could be the difference and O Brien is pretty excellent off the tee, so hopefully she gets the opportunities to show this.

I'm predicting a narrow Italian win, but it should be a cracking game.

Brilliant start by Ireland.

All the pressure for the first 7 minutes, and now have a penalty try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

All guns blazing right now. Lots of confidence in the green Jerseys.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Parsons could be in bother for that swinging forearm fend.

PS, actually no, the Italian did it to herself with bad technique, Parson's arm was well tucked.

Aoife wafer is head and shoulders above every player in the pitch at the moment. Real JVDF performance so far, both sides of the ball

Ireland could rue not getting any points on the board while the Italians were down to 14.

Ireland in real trouble here

We should have kicked the penalty in the 22 straight in from of the posts

• Advertisement

A possible change at 10 I don't think O' Brian is having a good day at the moment. And those cursed handling errors.

Dan.

She's arranging the attack fine, getting those crash balls in. A lot of the wider plays are way too lateral though.

Fowley in, but I'm not sure she'll improve that aspect. I just hope she plays very flat to the line.

The more we crash in the second half the more likely we will be to score in opinion. Monaghan, wall, wafer, djougang are all making good yardage. Fowley with parsons in midfield will also get great gains

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thamus doku

the issue for Ireland is they go wide too quick. They make yardage with the forwards and then instead of keep doing that are throwing it out wide and it is obvious that back line while fine individuals are not able to pass it long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Turgid stuff

Ireland were betting favourites for this match

That's more like it.

We need to be a lot more direct for the last 17 minutes

Poor explanation to use the five meter line to decide on the forward pass.

The pass went forward from the hands, correct call, but god don't use the line of the pitch to make your decision

Feck that's game

Irish handling absolutely killing us

The first quarter was really decent, and after a few small mishaps they all tightened up and everything is forced and nervy in hand. The old ghosts remain to haunt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

this is very embarrassing stuff. Really unable to complete at this level.

• Advertisement

Last week was very good against a World class outfit.

Today is problematic

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thamus doku

France not at the races last week and Ireland mostly defended for the game

Today they had to show some of their attacking class and it has been poor , don’t see what the big deal about players like jones Higgins and parsons is , they are very average. Jones Especially is over blown.

The commentator got it right ireland are too slow at decisive moments. The 80 minute maul nearly worked. A so an so game. Still better than last year. The Italian side do deserve their win. I think the coaches have the right ideas this year. A win against either Wales or Scotland is possible.

Dan.

Pointless having subs on the bench if your not going to use them. That's damaging for their confidence.

Has Sarah Delaney played a minute of six Nations yet? Despite being named 16 for two games in a row?

I dunno, Scotland look a lot stronger than last year, and Wales were unlucky against them this year. I fear another wooden spoon and a hammering against England

They certainly have a well shaped game plan, it is a matter of confidence, match experience and leadership. Like what Peat and Tyrrell are saying about taking ownership of the ball, and making your voice heard for decisions like that first half penalty kick eschewed.

I think we'll beat one of Wales or Scotland, probably Wales, then go to England and get boshed. But that will be progress in a big rebuild. A huge one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭StevenToast

There should be relegation in the womens 6 nations...alot of other teams around Europe should be given an opportunity...

The excuses in the Mens 6 nations for not having it simply do not apply to the Womens game...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

Yeah thought she had a great game. What is it about Irish no. 7s In red scrum caps

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

Was at the game. Good atmosphere and crowd, enjoyed it but too many knock ons and dropped passes from Ireland. Could have knicked it at the end but would have been unfair on Italy 🇮🇹

• Advertisement

There is only Spain, Netherlands, Portugal and Sweden. (Last year only 3 teams!!)

Of those only Spain could get where near the worst of the six Nations teams, and at that I wouldn't fancy them to win 2 from 10.

If you've any doubt you're more than welcome to watch the top of the table decider next Saturday when Spain meet Netherlands, and then decide if either team would stand any chance in the 6N.

Plus you probably aren't aware of WXV rugby where these teams get a chance to progress in a more holistic manner, which is much better for their progression than being 6N whipping boys(girls)

Advertisement