Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

97 Corolla in Arva today.
    HXcX5mZ.jpg

qA13kNR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    97 Corolla in Arva today.
    HXcX5mZ.jpg

qA13kNR.jpg
    Really has not aged well but then they were nothing special when they were on sale anyway. They were overpriced and under equipped. Toyota were like VW are now back then and VW were like Toyota now on a roll.
    My uncle wanted to buy one but thankfully my cousin and I made him see sense and he got a Megane Classic instead. Logical choice really going from a Renault 19 to a Megane. He would have found the Corrola very dreary and boring to drive.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

To be fair, that particular Corolla is one of the very last of that shape, the e11 was released in June of 97. It’s a 91/92 design in reality, and for its time back then it was very good in many regards to say the least.

The 19 and subsequent Megane left the Corolla and other competitors for dust in the comfort and standard equipment, but there’s a reason why you don’t see many 90s Renaults around anymore, but it’s very easy to see 90s Corollas on the roads today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's a few lads around me with those Corolla and they see themselves as real tough hard lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

There were do many vintage cars today in Howth I couldn't keep track.

Cream of the crop was a beautiful blue 77D Rolls Royce.

Also a 1965 Austin.

I should have got photos but I was too busy eating my ice cream!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I should post a picture of my own car as it's a 98 Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

There's a few lads around me with those Corolla and they see themselves as real tough hard lads!
    Surely not because they drive a twenty something year old Toyota Corolla though?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭65535

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

That Audi is a fantastic spot. Don't think I've ever seen one here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

That Audi looks class. Kudos for resisting the temptation to stick German pressed plates on it, too. They've had their day imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Seen a burgundy 1989 mini cooper yesterday. Like a little go kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

That Audi looks class. Kudos for resisting the temptation to stick German pressed plates on it, too. They've had their day imo :)

I'd get rid of the IRL and BAC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've been out so little over the last year that I saw my first two 202-D registrations on Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sorry I've no pics

I travelled from Tipperary to Sligo Today.

3 Minis. One coming against me absolutely flaking it. Only saw it for about 2 seconds

1 MK II Jag

A TR7

2 Sierras on trucks.

A late 80s Golf with the roof down

A lovely blue 98 Starlet.

Nice to see some cars out and about again. I haven't taken a pic of a car in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Absolute mint '87 Sierra Cosworth in KK today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Saw an 1987 Golf GTI MK2 convertible, not my cup of tea but looked a tidy car.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

E34 M5 at Applegreen, Navan.

attachment.php?attachmentid=551436&stc=1&d=1619435134

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sorry I've no pics

I travelled from Tipperary to Sligo Today.

3 Minis. One coming against me absolutely flaking it. Only saw it for about 2 seconds

1 MK II Jag

A TR7

2 Sierras on trucks.

A late 80s Golf with the roof down

A lovely blue 98 Starlet.

Nice to see some cars out and about again. I haven't taken a pic of a car in ages.

The drought is over.

I went for a few cans this evening and got a few pics of an 82, I think, Opel Kadett. I got the feeling it was on its maiden voyage from a barn somewhere. Will put up a few pics when I get on the laptop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Our local computer shop owner got a surprise 40th birthday present from his wife recently!
    A "Polish Ferrari " :D
    Cavan town.
    hpLM4DQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Dublin 7

orofcty.jpg

Dublin 15

Pq6DXyU.jpg

8Ayl0iV.jpg

ZE8SbEQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Dublin 7

orofcty.jpg

Dublin 15

I have an embarrassing question ... what make is this? I've seen this logo a few times on maybe mid 2000's cars but no ideal what it is. Checked the reg on Cartell but did not show the make.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

^^^ must be some Japanese domestic import ? (like Autozam to Mazda etc) Either way both the car and the passenger have been there for a long long time..

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

I have an embarrassing question ... what make is this? I've seen this logo a few times on maybe mid 2000's cars but no ideal what it is. Checked the reg on Cartell but did not show the make.

Its a JDM Nissan Prairie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Saw a mint red Honda Accord Aerodeck parked on Clanbrassil Street last evening, Wicklow reg SNI, 1985 or 86.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

Tazio wrote: »
    ^^^ must be some Japanese domestic import ? (like Autozam to Mazda etc) Either way both the car and the passenger have been there for a long long time..

had to have a look again at the photo - nice one Tazio :D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15

RbcnMf0.jpg

oZNgiDl.jpg

98ZA6Rb.jpg

0ffnAMS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15

0ffnAMS.jpg

Has that thing been abandoned there on a corner? Looks like it has not moved in quite some time judging by the road beneath it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Miscreant wrote: »
    Has that thing been abandoned there on a corner? Looks like it has not moved in quite some time judging by the road beneath it.

On Google maps, you can see it parked up with a UK reg in one of the spaces

https://maps.app.goo.gl/FaHQvuXUXU2aLiDY8

If you zoom out to satellite level, you'll see it parked on the corner. Suggests it's been there a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Miscreant

antodeco wrote: »
    On Google maps, you can see it parked up with a UK reg in one of the spaces

https://maps.app.goo.gl/FaHQvuXUXU2aLiDY8

If you zoom out to satellite level, you'll see it parked on the corner. Suggests it's been there a while!

The neighbours must be loving it so! :)

Advertisement