Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I expect to be getting one or two of these over the next few weeks :pac:

tumblr_nfmqp6Cdxz1qfss2no1_400.jpg
    tumblr_nfmqp6Cdxz1qfss2no2_400.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I expect to be getting one or two of these over the next few weeks :pac:

Think I'll make my own and just replace
    "You Heathen"

with

"...because we both know you don't believe in any of that Religious stuff and going to mass once every three years (because your not hungover and at your in-laws) doesn't change that."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

330333.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

SW wrote: »
    329941.jpg

"May the force be with you" "and also with you" :D

uberhumor.com/may-the-force-be-with-you-and-also-with-you

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,411 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Worztron wrote: »
    "May the force be with you" "and also with you" :D

http://uberhumor.com/may-the-force-be-with-you-and-also-with-you?

Without the humour aspect I wouldn't be able to figure out if that's right or not from the Star Wars point of view, it really fits.

On the bright side I can't remember what the first half should be from the RCC POV.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

snip

Inevitably Satan would have to ask God "Why the f*ck did you help them screw up the planet?"

330464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So my wife brings the two year old daughter over to the crib she put out yesterday and asks her if she knows what's in the crib.

Apparently the crib represents when baby Cheese was visited by baa baa black sheep and the 3 blind mice.

I think we're going to stick with that version from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

seamus wrote: »
    So my wife brings the two year old daughter over to the crib she put out yesterday and asks her if she knows what's in the crib.

Apparently the crib represents when baby Cheese was visited by baa baa black sheep and the 3 blind mice.

I think we're going to stick with that version from now on.

Your crib wouldnt happen to look like this would it?

Baby-Cheesus.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

jesus lightsaber

Needs to be merged with this to find who is the true dark lord of the religions

q1cOST1.png

EDIT: Sorry about the size, no idea how to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Nut job believes biblical law should permeate every facet of life...

Response from Charles Forsythe on G+
    Mission accomplished: programming code is already like the Bible.

-- A lot of code was written in a different era which you have to understand in order to interpret it
    -- No one know who wrote a lot of it
    -- A lot of it makes no sense unless paired with oral tradition
    -- A lot of it -- even the terrible parts -- has been preserved by people who copied it letter-for-letter without understanding why it was written in the first place
    -- People have vicious arguments over the "right" way to do things
    -- Telling the truth to management can get you crucified
    -- Whenever you ask "why is anyone still using this" the answer is always about money
    -- There are obvious design changes throughout the canon

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_ng1dfzheDh1raw1oio1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ng176iC2EH1tanff1o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ng057lVl5J1s8psp2o1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

5X3TUo1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

AstraMonti wrote: »
    5X3TUo1.gif

Vlad is clearly disturbed by the feelings another man bending down to groinal range and kissing him stirs within his loins. With his homophobic platform (half his manifesto for government) his latent homosexuality is a horrific curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Vlad is clearly disturbed by the feelings another man bending down to groinal range and kissing him stirs within his loins. With his homophobic platform (half his manifesto for government) his latent homosexuality is a horrific curse.

Shh...don't tell the Putinbots in the Ukraine thread! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It's like he is afraid the priests will immediately start Putin out

330573.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Priest tells primary school pupils as young as seven that Father Christmas ISN'T REAL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...SN-T-REAL.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

tumblr_ng1dfzheDh1raw1oio1_1280.jpg

CCCCCRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

330573.jpg

This is one of those arguments that I've never really liked. A baby at that age can't really be an atheist - they lack the ability to believe or disbelieve something. You might as well call a rock an atheist: it too doesn't believe in a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    This is one of those arguments that I've never really liked. A baby at that age can't really be an atheist - they lack the ability to believe or disbelieve something. You might as well call a rock an atheist: it too doesn't believe in a god.

You might as well call a baby a rock in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

obplayer wrote: »
    Priest tells primary school pupils as young as seven that Father Christmas ISN'T REAL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...SN-T-REAL.html
    Everyone in the story politely ignores the irony of what the priest has said; instead they focus in on the idea that he has stolen some of the magic from the kids.

I do like this bit though;
    When Father Higgins, who is based at St Anne's Catholic Church in Buxton, was asked to explain his comments he launched into a foul-mouthed tirade.
    Give the man back his whisky FFS, and then everything will be alright again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,956 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They are by definition atheist - they have no belief in a god or gods.

Until some authority figure washes their brain :(

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

10421183_818942258152775_862904821936329392_n.jpg?oh=915bff4a3be46880d94644f3451cf95a&oe=551643A2&__gda__=1425836924_257bcab3477b734b8bac0bbe353530fc

330644.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You might as well call a baby a rock in that case.

Differences between Babies and Rocks.

Babies don't make the same sound as rocks when you drop them.....

... and they taste better.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

CramCycle wrote: »
    Differences between Babies and Rocks.

Babies don't make the same sound as rocks when you drop them.....

... and they taste better.

I don't know. The rock I got in Bray as a kid tasted pretty ok.

Plus, rocks can't be brainwashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Rocks are atheist, as far as we know at any rate. Atheism is simply the absence of belief in a deity, so if one is incapable of belief, one is atheist. Granted, the word has been rather hijacked in recent years, much like feminism and literally.

Advertisement