Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Torqay wrote: »
    And why should they? They have two tasks at hand: extend the lead in the Constructors' championship and in the Drivers' championship.

Why should RBR pick a strategy that favours Webber? He decided to leave the team. He does not play a role in the drivers' championship. It is not Red Bull's job to make Webber a happy puppy nor is it their job to keep the championship open.

Seb can't loose the championship at the point bar the most unlikeliest happenings. They could have generated a lot of good publicity by letting Mark win and restore some of the damaged reputation they have. It would have been a PR victory as well then but clearly that did not appeal to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Why should RBR pick a strategy that favours Webber? He decided to leave the team. He does not play a role in the drivers' championship. It is not Red Bull's job to make Webber a happy puppy nor is it their job to keep the championship open.
    Are you deliberately going against the general opinion (both on here and of the pundits) just to get a rise and reaction out of people or what? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

And why should they? They have two tasks at hand: extend the lead in the Constructors' championship and in the Drivers' championship.

As I said (and you removed from your quote), I couldn't care less who they put 1st or 2nd. I'm merely suggesting that they manufactured a pass using strategy.

I wanted Grosjean to win for what it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Seb can't loose the championship at the point bar the most unlikeliest happenings.

In the quiet words of Murray Walker, "Anything happens in Grand Prix racing and it usually does."

And Seb can still equalize Schu's 2004 record... some say that sh*t is important to him. ;)
    They could have generated a lot of good publicity by letting Mark win and restore some of the damaged reputation they have. It would have been a PR victory as well then but clearly that did not appeal to them.

Such generosity would have been easier if both their drivers hadn't been caught by Grosjean at the start. The team had to react and change strategies with one driver saving his tyres and the other mounting pressure on Grosjean.

Advertisement