Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Lotus's seem quick, Red Bull's seem normal. Would be nice for Seb to have some KERS issues tomorrow, make him work for the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

where's the multicolour crane gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

To me it looks like Alonso has given up, not just on the season but probably on Ferrari as well. Wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up with Lotus or McLaren next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Torqay wrote: »
    To me it looks like Alonso has given up, not just on the season but probably on Ferrari as well. Wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up with Lotus or McLaren next year.

I get the same feeling, it's just next year is such a change there's no real idea whether he'd be better off staying put or moving on. If things were staying the same next year re regulations etc, I think he'd have done well to move on...he's devoted 4 years to them now & consistently they fall behind in the latter half of the season & the title just creeps away every time. But with the changes coming, there's no basis of judgment really on what call to make

• Advertisement

Well, if Ferrari want to race with two top class drivers they better have a car so superior that it can compensate for the unavoidable clashes. The last time they dunnit (Prost/Mansell) it didn't go too well.

They all start from scratch next year, but I have a feeling that Renault will have the best engine. They've committed a huge budget and supply engines to five teams next season. I'm sure Alonso has great interest in that Lotus cockpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭lolie

James Allen interview with Murray Walker on the bbc red button channel now, celebrating his 90th birthday looking back through his career.
    Repeated tonight at 9.50 on same channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hmm might actually get up for this in the morning was loosing faith in the season as a whole after the last few races, but the potential for some chaos out of the first 2 rows looks like it could be interesting! I hope RB aren't complete a__holes and let them race as best as possible instead of turning to Webber and saying let himself through. maybe grosjean will revert to habits of old and take vettle out on the first corner.
    Unless the BBC inadvertently predicted the rest of the season with that clip at the start of qualy that would be something else ha ha

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Hmm might actually get up for this in the morning was loosing faith in the season as a whole after the last few races, but the potential for some chaos out of the first 2 rows looks like it could be interesting! I hope RB aren't complete a__holes and let them race as best as possible instead of turning to Webber and saying let himself through. maybe grosjean will revert to habits of old and take vettle out on the first corner.
    Unless the BBC inadvertently predicted the rest of the season with that clip at the start of qualy that would be something else ha ha

If I was a cynical man I'd say Webbers pit stop will be where he loses the lead, assuming he retains the lead after the first few bends etc. Vettel will have slipstream behind him so it'll be a tall ask to keep him behind I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I agree with your sceptical side to be honest but there is always hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well, if Ferrari want to race with two top class drivers they better have a car so superior that it can compensate for the unavoidable clashes. The last time they dunnit (Prost/Mansell) it didn't go too well.

They all start from scratch next year, but I have a feeling that Renault will have the best engine. They've committed a huge budget and supply engines to five teams next season. I'm sure Alonso has great interest in that Lotus cockpit.

I think Ferrari will be in better shape next year. They have Rory Byrne designing the car and James Alison working in the aero department.

Having Rory Byrne working on next years car is a big plus.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I think Ferrari will be in better shape next year. They have Rory Byrne designing the car and James Alison working in the aero department.

Having Rory Byrne working on next years car is a big plus.

May that as it be, but it is safe to say that Alonso is not overly happy with Montezuma bringing Raikkonen back to Ferrari. If he has an opportunity to go back to the team where he won his two championships, I'd say he'd happily go for it. OTH, Lotus is looking for a top driver and The Hulk is apparently not their first choice.

Myrddin wrote: »
    If I was a cynical man I'd say Webbers pit stop will be where he loses the lead, assuming he retains the lead after the first few bends etc. Vettel will have slipstream behind him so it'll be a tall ask to keep him behind I think

Looking at his starts this year he'll be lucky to lead into turn 1.
    Good to see him on pole after the bad luck he's had, when he drove the car after the first he said he could'nt wait to drive it in Q3 in Suzuka.

lolie wrote: »
    Looking at his starts this year he'll be lucky to lead into turn 1

Agreed, by & large they've been awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

There is now 7 members entered in the boards game on Last Man Racing!! If anyone else wants to join go to www.lastmanracing.com and open Private Games. Search for 'Boards'. The passcode is 3033

Good luck guys!!

Myrddin wrote: »
    Agreed, by & large they've been awful :(

Hope Webber has a good race but dont really want another red bull win.
    Hopefully grosean either has a mad start and takes a few out or has a good strategy and fight for a win assuming vettel still has kers problems.

If Vettel finishes I'll be very surprised if he's behind Webber. Other than Vettel wearing out his tyres following Mark I can't see Mark finishing ahead of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

If Vettel finishes I'll be very surprised if he's behind Webber. Other than Vettel wearing out his tyres following Mark I can't see Mark finishing ahead of his.

Another Senna and Prost moment at the chicane perhaps?

Btw great write up Frostie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

OTH, Lotus is looking for a top driver and The Hulk is apparently not their first choice.

This thought infuriates me. At this rate Hulk will have to win races to stand a chance. How many more times will he have to outperform that car and outperform the rest of the midfield and mix it with the big boys in the process?

Can't wait to see him in Brazil. Really think he might have a chance of winning providing something happens to Vettel. There's something about him and that track. He was by far the quickest driver there last year

andyman wrote: »
    This thought infuriates me. At this rate Hulk will have to win races to stand a chance. How many more times will he have to outperform that car and outperform the rest of the midfield and mix it with the big boys in the process?

Can't wait to see him in Brazil. Really think he might have a chance of winning providing something happens to Vettel. There's something about him and that track. He was by far the quickest driver there last year

I hear you. But Lotus could have hired Huelkenberg weeks ago, what are they waiting for?

• Advertisement

Interesting start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Another fastest lap from Gros. The man's flying. Hopefully he can keep it up, a race may just break out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Fernando is faster than you!

Good lad Grosjean. Hulk having another great run so far.

I hope this doesn't make Grosjean come in while Vettel stays out for ages.

EDIT: Looks like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Merc are really having a bad day, Nico will def get pulled for an unsafe release there

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Great bit of racing so far! I'm trying to stay awake (haven't slept since Thursday eve) so glad there's lots of incidents!

In the bag for Vettel?

Fastest lap Jean Eric Vergne

• Advertisement

19 to go, looks like Grosjean is going easy enough so may be going til the end. Webber will be looking to open a gap before pitting and Vettel looks like he's trying to shorten his last stint. Should be interesting, Webber and Vettel should be catching Grosjean at the end.

Advertisement