Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just what *is* good course management?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

slingerz wrote: »
    cheers for the feeback. another bug bear of mind is the following. I landed on the first green this weekend in regulation the ball landed slightly left of centre and proceeded to roll off to the left and trickle into the bunker. the same with the 9th landed on the green and rolled off the left side and into the bunker. neither of these shots was heading in that direction until it landed on the green. pretty annoyig to be repairing your pitch mark before you take your bunker shot

on the 14th i had a drive that landed on the fairway and proceeded to roll off to the left into a pond.

find it difficult to believe that you should be punished for landing where your supposed to be playing from!

that, along with 500 yard par 4's, you sure your club isn't hosting the 2014 US Open :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

find it difficult to believe that you should be punished for landing where your supposed to be playing from!

You obviously arent supposed to be playing from there then!
    We have a few holes where you can be on the fairway and have no shot...its fairway as they want the ball to roll here if you are not thinking your shot through.

also, if you know the green slopes towards bunkers.....make sure you dont hit it there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

its a pretty narrow fairway there to be fair i just think if its fairway you shouldnt be in trouble if ya hit it. being left or right its fair enough but having a penalty drop for being in the water is madness after hitting a fairway

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

its a pretty narrow fairway there to be fair i just think if its fairway you shouldnt be in trouble if ya hit it. being left or right its fair enough but having a penalty drop for being in the water is madness after hitting a fairway

Depends on the trajectory of the shot. I've hit a fairway on my course several times only to see it drawing too much into a pond on the left. I dont have a problem with that. I've either started the ball too close to the hazard or got too much draw/hook into it. A shot thats hit straight down the middle of the fairway wont find a hazard right or left of it.

josie19 wrote: »
    Depends on the trajectory of the shot. I've hit a fairway on my course several times only to see it drawing too much into a pond on the left. I dont have a problem with that. I've either started the ball too close to the hazard or got too much draw/hook into it. A shot thats hit straight down the middle of the fairway wont find a hazard right or left of it.

oh but it does. the fairway is sloped down to the pond so be as straight as you like you just need to be either short of it or Dustin Johnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

oh but it does. the fairway is sloped down to the pond so be as straight as you like you just need to be either short of it or Dustin Johnson

Take less club (good course management ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Well unless someone snuck in and put the hazard there overnight...you knew it was there.....play short!

GreeBo wrote: »
    Well unless someone snuck in and put the hazard there overnight...you knew it was there.....play short!

i never hit it that far though! the one day i hit it well off it rocks into the hazard!:(

Advertisement