Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arg -v- Aus, match preview & thread, Sat 5 Oct, 2340 Irish time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Game set and match now I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

What a try. When Australia play like this they're the most exciting team in the world to watch

Cooper's passing is ****ing phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

ya but you can't say a try probably would have been scored in any of those scrums. They moved the Australians back a foot or two max. Not once did they get the ball anywhere near the try line

The only reason they never moved that far back was their persistent infringement. Anyway, it happened half an hour ago. Back to the present.

Argies being killed. I felt Australia might put in a good performance here.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Tries for everyone!

Lovely try that from the Argies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lovely try. Your right Swiwi this is like a Super XV game, no defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Our test vs aus is looking like it will be a lot tougher now. They.may finally be playong to their ability!

Entertaining enough half of rugby, now it seems my stream is playing Robert Palmer music for the half time break so everyone's a winner :P

Our test vs aus is looking like it will be a lot tougher now. They.may finally be playong to their ability!

I wouldn't be too worried yet. We won't be this naive in defense

There's the hat trick. Enjoyable game to watch, not if your a defence coach though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

ya but you can't say a try probably would have been scored in any of those scrums. They moved the Australians back a foot or two max. Not once did they get the ball anywhere near the try line

They didn't get the ball near the try line because of the illegal play by the Aussies .

2nd one was pen try material for me.

Shelflife wrote: »
    They didn't get the ball near the try line because of the illegal play by the Aussies .

2nd one was pen try material for me.

Ya and that's why it was a yellow and not a peno try

Persistent fouling in the 22 like a player coming in from the side could be stopping a team from a getting a try but that doesn't mean it's a peno try

Ya and that's why it was a yellow and not a peno try

Persistent fouling in the 22 like a player coming in from the side could be stopping a team from a getting a try but that doesn't mean it's a peno try

There doesn't need to be persistent fouling. If the scrum is moving forward and is taken down illegally its a pen try.

There doesn't need to be persistent fouling. If the scrum is moving forward and is taken down illegally its a pen try.

But it wasn't moving forward over the line...........

It moved a foot or two then (and the other two penalties it didn't move forward at all it just collapsed from the get go) but the Australian 8 wasn't getting over the line by the time it collapsed. You can't award a penalty try for that

Hard to organise your defence when the match is being played at this pace and the amount of offloads from each team.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

What was that from Simmons?

What sport did Simmons think he was playing there

Defense optional it seems

But it wasn't moving forward over the line...........

It moved a foot or two then (and the other two penalties it didn't move forward at all it just collapsed from the get go) but the Australian 8 wasn't getting over the line by the time it collapsed. You can't award a penalty try for that

It doesn't need to be near the try line, if the Aussies didn't bring it down it probably would have kept going and a try would have been scored.

What was that from Simmons?

Very close to a red card for me , off the ball and no arms , very dangerous .

• Advertisement

It doesn't need to be near the try line, if the Aussies didn't bring it down it probably would have kept going and a try would have been scored.

I don't think it would have, anyway if i wasn't so tired I might argue this further but considering the time of night we might have to agree to disagree :)

Stamp on everyone

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Stamp on everyone

Whack-a-mole

not many fúcks on display tonight

Tomane gets a deserved try. Been very good in attack, everyone on both sides have been rubbish in defence so can't judge him on his defence.

This is like a game of basketball

And that's the last we'll see of one of the great 10's on a rugby pitch.

Gracias Felipe.

Cya Doctor, one of the greats

What a career he can look back on.

• Advertisement

This will do wonders for the Australian's confidence.

Advertisement