Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arg -v- Aus, match preview & thread, Sat 5 Oct, 2340 Irish time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Argentina :eek:

It's tackle rugby, not tag rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Cooper in his element, that pass was outstanding

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

American History X is on, I'm not sure if I can watch another rugby game in it's place!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That exact mistake has happened quite a few times to Cooper, he should've conceded a try with the Reds against the Lions for the same thing. You would think he would learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

That was a cracker of a pass from Cooper

• Advertisement

Scrum screwing Australia over yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Argentina showed against the All Blacks last week that they have a formidable scrum. It seems the new laws favour their style.

Eddie O'Sullivan had an interesting article about it.

Edit: here's the article http://www.eddieosullivan.com/bajada-back/

I mean surely there's some prop in Australia better than Slipper and Alexander? How long are they going to be persisted with

Scrum screwing Australia over yet again

It's embarrassing. Not that I can talk after NZ's scrum performance this championship :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

80 mins of scrums is the perfect thing to send you to sleep.

• Advertisement

Should have been a penalty try.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Should have been a penalty try.

No it shouldn't. Penalty try can only be awarded if the infringement is stopping a try being scored.

Australia look a lot better in attack

No it shouldn't. Penalty try can only be awarded if the infringement is stopping a try being scored.

Were it not for the Australian scrum infringements they could have pushed over.

Were it not for the Australian scrum infringements they could have pushed over.

ya but they would have to have been in the process of pushing over the line for a penalty try to be awarded. They weren't hence why one wasn't given

Cooper plays flatter than any ten in world rugby, which has to be admired. But he's a complete liability

ya but they would have to have been in the process of pushing over the line for a penalty try to be awarded. They weren't hence why one wasn't given

IIRC a couple of the penalties were while the scrum was moving back, if only by half a metre. I've seen plenty of referees give a penalty try in that situation.

Some great pace in this match

IIRC a couple of the penalties were while the scrum was moving back, if only by half a metre. I've seen plenty of referees give a penalty try in that situation.

Well those referees would have been wrong,

rule states that if the ref is certain a try is going to be scored if the infringement doesn't take place then it's a penalty try. But in none of those scrum penalty's could Barnes have been certain that there would have been a try scored

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Some great pace in this match

It's a bit Super 15-esque :p

• Advertisement

rule states that if the ref is certain a try is going to be scored if the infringement doesn't take place then it's a penalty try. But in none of those scrum penalty's could Barnes have been certain that there would have been a try scored

Barnes showing with this incident that he has to be certain it was stopping a try to award it

Stupid bit of play there, no need to go in for the tackle like that

Not certain. Probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I thought the college football was on the other channel :P

Troy Polamalu would have been proud of that hit!

Lovely try

If Aust get this USME, I fear for your wager. Argentina looking outclassed in the backs.

Not certain. Probable.

ya but you can't say a try probably would have been scored in any of those scrums. They moved the Australians back a foot or two max. Not once did they get the ball anywhere near the try line

Swiwi. wrote: »
    If Aust get this USME, I fear for your wager. Argentina looking outclassed in the backs.

I have Australia -1 in a double with Ulster +5 from the other night and I also put a bit on Australia -13 so I'm laughing!

Oh Folau

• Advertisement

Australia are playing the way they should have approached the Lions series. They have a poor tight 5, but their backs, when on form, can be very good.

Advertisement