Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Arcade fire + Pixies for Marley park 29th June swoon!! I know where my EP funds will be going this Friday!.
    That's both 100% off the potential line up!
    29th is right in the middle of Longitude territory.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Arcade fire + Pixies for Marley park 29th June swoon!! I know where my EP funds will be going this Friday!.
    That's both 100% off the potential line up!
    29th is right in the middle of Longitude territory.

Ooh there's elbow gone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I know Moderat is playing in February in Dublin which I'm also going too (WOO HOO!) but I'd like to see them make a return to the Picnic, I wished I had got into them earlier as I would've made that extra effort to have seen them at the 2009 Picnic. As it was I was down with a good crew from Galway that year so had a great time regardless.
    A Mild NSFW

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Really hope der booking EP acts in the back ground! Longitude just announced Ben Howard and Disclosure!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can se Foals popping up at EP unless Indie 14 finally get them after years of trying

• Advertisement

Just found out im getting a EP ticket as a present from my parents for christmas . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Just found out im getting a EP ticket as a present from my parents for christmas . :)

Better hope it actually happens now :P

SV wrote: »
    Better hope it actually happens now :P

Why would'nt it? Dates have been confirmed for 29th - 31st August

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Why would'nt it? Dates have been confirmed for 29th - 31st August

I think the legal case has flared up again from last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I see in the independent article that they have allowed a period to make Discovery up to February and then they'll be looking for a date for hearing after that, which shouldn't take long but it seems like they'll be cutting it fine and I sincerely hope they've already started booking and that we won't be left with the dregs as there has already been a few big announcements made for 2014. I've seen The Pixies 3 times already so I wouldn't pay to see them on their own again but I think they would've been a great band at EP.

• Advertisement

When will the tickets be going on sale ?

Electric Picnic
    Once we have the date confirmed we'll let you know! Stay tuned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I know the doubts happened about last year but this one seems to be in serious doubt.

I hope it goes ahead, really do..this not going ahead would break me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd be very surprised if it doesn't go ahead this year especially after last year selling out. If anything it was far riskier that last year's festival wouldn't go ahead so doubt they'd cancel this year's one. Might have to wait a while to get ticket details again (fairly frustrating) but other than that it should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I've lost interest now and am officially not going. I would have bought early birds in December but pushing them back again has me poor heart broken.

Electric Picnic
    Update: As soon as we can update you we will. You’ll be the first to know full ticket details for Electric Picnic 2014. Sorry for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Electric Picnic

First comment under that sums it up fairly well: Update: we have no update. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I've lost interest now and am officially not going. I would have bought early birds in December but pushing them back again has me poor heart broken.

I said the exact same this time last year. Ended up going, having the best time I've had at it in years and falling in love with Electric Picnic all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm sure I said the same myself last year but it's been concreted now, I'm off to Body&Soul and Primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ooh didn't realise a new thread!

Il definatly be going this year and will buy the early bird ones but I have to say I'd prefer to spend more money on the tickets and have music on the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Mr.S wrote: »
    Outkast playing 40 dates including festivals this summer, EP for sure!

Please let this happen. Pleeeeease…….

• Advertisement

Now if we get Outkast and QOTSA ill literally jizzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

I've never been to a music festival so EP is definitely the preferred choice. I would expect to see some of the early bird tickets to be released before the end of January. As for acts I'd like to see, most seem unlikely. But if some of the following play there I'm going for sure:
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Kasabian
    Wu Tang(Although they played last year)
    Arctic Monkeys(Although they too played last year)
    Outkast
    Nas
    Florence + the Machine
    The Roots(Where there before)
    Oasis(Back together? May be a goer)

Chances are now none of them will go, but you're better off keeping an open mind on the music front.

By the way does anyone know if the volunteering is still available, I checked the site it said it wasn't but not sure if it's been updated since last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Budweiser/Jay-Z's Made In America festival was on the same weekend as EP last year, so if it's on the same weekend this year then I'd say they're more likely to play that.
    QOTSA, NIN, Public Enemy, HAIM, The Gaslight Anthem, Empire of the Sun, Cloud Nothings and other EP-type acts played it last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 40 festivals are almost completely in North America. Glastonbury and a few more in Europe perhaps. An EP appearance probably depends on what bigger festivals they're playing in the weeks either side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Cheers for the info! Wouldn't fancy the stewarding to be fair, don't know too much about it but I'm sure I read you can work for 24 hours from the Mon-Thurs and than get in the weekend free. They probably won't announce anything till the tickets are confirmed. Got the email address?

Volunteering won't be announced till after the festival launch, once some of the line up is announced the volunteering tab appears on the festival website, the same with the Body & Soul website, the volunteer tab for the Body & Soul festival 2014 around the summer solstice is already up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Adding on to what Ghostdancer said re EP being unlikely, that most reliable of sources, a "friend of a friend", has hinted at Longitude being the Irish festival likely to be graced with Outkast's presence.

Adding on to what Ghostdancer said re EP being unlikely, that most reliable of sources, a "friend of a friend", has hinted at Longitude being the Irish festival likely to be graced with Outkast's presence.

Would make sense since Longitude are announcing in 11 days , Although if they are doing Jay Z's festival then yea rules them out of EP . If they do Longitude i hope its not the day im hoping to go to see The National in Iveagh Gardens

Budweiser/Jay-Z's Made In America festival was on the same weekend as EP last year, so if it's on the same weekend this year then I'd say they're more likely to play that.
    QOTSA, NIN, Public Enemy, HAIM, The Gaslight Anthem, Empire of the Sun, Cloud Nothings and other EP-type acts played it last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 40 festivals are almost completely in North America. Glastonbury and a few more in Europe perhaps. An EP appearance probably depends on what bigger festivals they're playing in the weeks either side of it.

Perhaps they might be announced for Bestival, if thats the case there is a good chance they might be at EP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Perhaps they might be announced for Bestival, if thats the case there is a good chance they might be at EP too.

True, but over the years I've noticed plenty of Bestival acts that would seem perfect for EP not play, despite having little/nothing on the weekend of EP...
    Same with a few of the Reading/Leeds acts the week before EP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I can't remember if EP themselves took volunteers in 2013, they usually do so best to email if they're isn't anything on the site.

Body and Soul take volunteers each year for set up/take down and stewards.

The stewarding is pretty bad though, you miss most of the festival.

Its usually a first come first served type deal, you pay them the ticket price as a deposit and once you do all the work you get it back.

Wristbanding is a handy one at EP and the other festivals. And its hard to get staff in Ireland for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement