Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

mgkelly wrote: »
    Would be surprised if Moz would go - he requires a meat free environment, does he not?!

That gobshíte being there would be a reason not to go to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

My mate's in The Strokes and he's just after whatsapping me saying they're playing Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

SV wrote: »
    That gobshíte being there would be a reason not to go to be fair.

There will probably be bigger gob****es there than Morrissey TBF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

nocoverart wrote: »
    There will probably be bigger gob****es there than Morrissey TBF.

I don't really want to get into it but that is impossible. He's king of the pretentious up their own hole gobshítes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

The court case is holding back any announcements. It will happen, just still legal issues to iron out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The court case is holding back any announcements. It will happen, just still legal issues to iron out

Really hope we won't have to wait till end of April like last year..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well there wont be an announcement in Jan id say since Longitude are announcing on friday . So fingers crossed for sometime in Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Was really hoping to hear good news on this and that Foo fighters would be playing. Will keep an eye on the UK ones instead I think.

Would love to see these at EP

Mr.S wrote: »
    Foo Fighters would be a great headliner for EP, and would suit the Sunday closing slot.

I'd say they are more likely to play Reading and Glasto.
    Needs to get me grubby paws on Glasto tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Trader applications for Electric Picnic 2014 are now open, so I think between this and all the '#EP2014' talk on twitter, despite all the legal stuff, that it's pretty clear that it will be going ahead this year

Deffo headliners for R&L.

Lets hope Jay Z doesnt book them for his Budweiser festival :( . Never really thought of Foo's doing EP but by god would it make a very happy boy :)

I think they would prefer to play Reading over Jay Z's McFestival, Reading = iconic, if they are touring around then I would almost bet anything that FR will book them for Reading and Leeds!

Especially after Greenday last year. Wasn't there but it looked awesome and I got goosebumps just watching it on the gogglebox

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mgkelly

SV wrote: »
    I don't really want to get into it but that is impossible. He's king of the pretentious up their own hole gobshítes.
    ;) (...dips his toe into shark infested Morrissey eating waters....)
    One has to say, he still is a creative genius, despite some of the issues alluded to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Foo Fighters playing EP would be a huge meh. That certainly wouldn't be the Electric Picnic I knew, that and the fact just not a fan of them at all.

What are the chances of David Byrne playing again? Slim to none I'd guess.

I think they would prefer to play Reading over Jay Z's McFestival, Reading = iconic, if they are touring around then I would almost bet anything that FR will book them for Reading and Leeds!

True but the fact they only headlined in 2012 i could see them taking Jay Z's festival over R&L
    Corholio wrote: »
    Foo Fighters playing EP would be a huge meh. That certainly wouldn't be the Electric Picnic I knew, that and the fact just not a fan of them at all.

Would love DB to play again since i had to miss him over Franz Ferdinand. Foo Fighters playing EP would be a massive scoop and def bring in the punters. I no EP has changed since it began but they have to change with the times and now with the fact they are the only Major festival in Ireland they need to establish the name even more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Like many FB users I receive the Bandsintown email newsletter and yesterday's one states that Bjork is playing 'Stradbally Hall - Stradbally, Ireland Sun, Aug 31, 2014'

old gregg wrote: »
    Like many FB users I receive the Bandsintown email newsletter and yesterday's one states that Bjork is playing 'Stradbally Hall - Stradbally, Ireland Sun, Aug 31, 2014'

They seemed to be pretty useless don't they? This happened last year also with bands. It's pretty bad at the cant get the basics right!:)

Is it not Cornholio.....? ;);)
    200px-CORNHOLIO_NEED_HIS_TP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is it not Cornholio.....? ;);)
    200px-CORNHOLIO_NEED_HIS_TP.jpg

I've been on here (rather scarily) 10 years and amazingly your the first person to mention it :P

It was misheard many years ago :pac:

• Advertisement

I've been on here (rather scarily) 10 years and amazingly your the first person to mention it :P

It was misheard many years ago :pac:

I wasn't sure either, but by the powers of Google....!
    Was a big fan of Beavis & Butthead, in the day!
    Now my kids just look at me oddly when I need TP for my bunghole!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

They seemed to be pretty useless don't they? This happened last year also with bands. It's pretty bad at the cant get the basics right!:)

True thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭endainoz

What about The Black Keys headlining the friday or the saturday night? European tour for summer 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

endainoz wrote: »
    What about The Black Keys headlining the friday or the saturday night? European tour for summer 2014

Would love it.. but don't think it will happen , Black Keys tour looks like its finishing mid july , can't seem them touring much longer or coming back over . Really hope i'm wrong , amazing live band ..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Pushing the boat out a bit here, but Tool :D, have announced a few hours ago that they are touring US (mini tour) and will be doing festivals in UK and Europe this summer. Yeah, i know, Tool , metal/prog, but they are amazing live, would love to see them at the picnic, but i guess not eclectic enough, be a massive coup though!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Pushing the boat out a bit here, but Tool :D, have announced a few hours ago that they are touring US (mini tour) and will be doing festivals in UK and Europe this summer. Yeah, i know, Tool , metal/prog, but they are amazing live, would love to see them at the picnic, but i guess not eclectic enough, be a massive coup though!!! :D

Tool are a tad bit too heavy for me but god there's a few perfect circle songs that I adore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

exilec wrote: »
    endainoz wrote: »
    Would love it.. but don't think it will happen , Black Keys tour looks like its finishing mid july , can't seem them touring much longer or coming back over . Really hope i'm wrong , amazing live band ..!!

could see them playing Longitude, playing in France 2 days before it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Nearly fell asleep seeing Tool before!

Yeah i can see where your coming from, that they can over elaborate on some stuff , especially live. But James Maynard Keenan is one of the best frontmen out there,as mentioned maybe a bit too heavy for the Picnic, but it would be something different thats for sure ;)

Electric Picnic
    We are inviting you to get creative with Trailer Park at Electric Picnic 2014 by creating your own Art Caravan. We are looking for interactive and wacky ideas that will bring Trailer Park to life throughout the day and night! Full information and applications now open http://bit.ly/LXLdng

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Electric Picnic

Oh god, "wacky".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement