Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Lumbo wrote: »
    I heard that from a journalist who was talking to the head of FR at EP. The head of FR said next year he wanted an increased capacity and better toilet facilities. Obviously other agencies would have some sort of a say when it comes to them applying for the license but with the festival selling out this year and the ridiculous demand for tickets on the blackmarket, you can hardly blame the organisers for wanting to cash in.

Yes well I was talking to Samantha Mumba, who told me she was gonna be the "Special Guest" in Body&Soul and look how that turned out, don't believe the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Morrison J wrote: »
    We getting a headliner before xmas do we reckon?
    seriously doubt any names will be announced before an official launch next year, same as usual.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Loyalty tickets are back!

I somehow doubt we will see the 149.99 tickets though.
    loyalty tickets were €175 in 2012, so probably be around that again?
    there were all stages open on the Friday that year though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Aotearoa wrote: »
    id eat my own mickey to see tame impala

Would that not make you Lame Impala?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

I think its time to realise that its just yourselves that are getting older and stop trying to compare a festival of 7/8/9 years ago to present day. Did you really expect it to stay the same year after year? C'mon now.

It is kind of a 'What if I told you that YOU were the newbie kid at the festival that everyone hated 7 years ago' thing... The main thing I noticed about EP2013 compared to the other 3 years I went was that I paid a **** load less for it. Other than that, acts were comparable, more professional security, food was better if anything, drinks I didn't care about as I brought my own and the Hendrix was slightly blighted by the blaydin' massive amusement park.

Sure I was envious of those clean beautiful day-trippers, but I can hardly blame FR for cashing in on them.

Anyway, I'll play:

I want me some Arcade Fire, Peter Hook/New Order, Bon Iver, Aphex Twin, Avalanches, Incubus, and I can see either Kings of Leon or Florence and the Machine being the 'mainstream' headliner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

EP official twitter page tweeted next years date today and it made me feel all warm and happy in my belly! :D
    personally I would love to see rudimental there, I'd imagine they will be, really get the crowd going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

David Bowie self confirmed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

EP official twitter page tweeted next years date today and it made me feel all warm and happy in my belly! :D
    personally I would love to see rudimental there, I'd imagine they will be, really get the crowd going.

If Oxegen is back i can see Rudimental playing that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

If Oxegen is back i can see Rudimental playing that

well fcuk that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

When the fook is Aphex twin going to show up at EP? He would be perfect for the Saturday. Wouldn't mind Disclosure and The Chemical Bros too.

• Advertisement

Aphex Twin hasn't, unless I've missed something :confused:

could imagine Disclosure ending up at FF or Longitude next year instead of being back at EP.

All 3 have played the festival recently :confused:

Aphex Twin hasn't! the other Two would probably play in my back yard for the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When the fook is Aphex twin going to show up at EP? He would be perfect for the Saturday. Wouldn't mind Disclosure and The Chemical Bros too.

I started a Facebook page in 2011 to get Aphex Twin for EP, its still ongoing so join up there and anyone else you know who would like to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/306301782765054/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

All 3 have played the festival recently :confused:

Chemical bros and Disclosure have but not Aphex twin as far as I know. The other 2 were excellent so i'd like them back.

I started a Facebook page in 2011 to get Aphex Twin for EP, its still ongoing so join up there and anyone else you know who would like to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/306301782765054/

Done! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Think you might be on about Forbidden Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Did Aphex not play in 2011 or 2012? Possibly might have been 2009 or 2010, convinced I was there. Perhaps not!

Played Oxegen in 2008, he was never at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did Aphex not play in 2011 or 2012? Possibly might have been 2009 or 2010, convinced I was there. Perhaps not!

Your probably thinking of Squarepusher who played the 2012 one, Chris Cunningham played in 2009 and Flying Lotus I think played in 2011 in the Little Big. 2ManyDJs dropped Windowlicker during their set in 2009 and I think Autechre played in 2006, I think they are all Warp artists that have played EP bar 2ManyDJs. Aphex Twin played Oxegen and T in the Park in 2008, RockNess 2010 and Forbidden Fruit 2011.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I say it every single bloody year.

Brand New.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would love that. Had a ticket for them in Tripod in 2007, couldn't go :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Anyone know about getting the loyalty tickets this year? Not been but I know a lot of people were using pictures from friends and on here to avail of the scheme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Anyone know about getting the loyalty tickets this year? Not been but I know a lot of people were using pictures from friends and on here to avail of the scheme?

From the EP Site
    "Get discounts for your loyalty. We love our Picnic fans and want those that have been before to be rewarded. You deserve it! Electric Picnic 2014 (Friday 29th August - Sunday 31st August 2014) reward scheme tickets go on sale December 2nd. If you've been to the Picnic before we will ask you to prove it to avail of this scheme. Anyone that already attended this year will be sent a code directly from Ticketmaster to purchase your reward scheme tickets. Ticket prices and further information about the reward scheme will be released at the end of the month. Stay tuned for more information on the reward scheme and other Electric Picnic 2014 news"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Yes well I was talking to Samantha Mumba, who told me she was gonna be the "Special Guest" in Body&Soul and look how that turned out, don't believe the hype.

From today's Indo

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/electric-picnic-set-to-serve-up-a-feast-of-music-as-festival-date-is-revealed-29750964.html
    Earlier this year festival director Melvin Benn revealed he wanted to increase the capacity of the festival in 2014 by a further 5,000 to 40,000 people. “I think there is room for us to get bigger, and I would certainly be talking to the both the council and the gardai about the possibility of another 5,000 people next year,” Mr Benn told the Herald.
    “We certainly have the capacity.”
    The Hull-born promoter said his ideas for an expansion were based at how well the 550 acre estate had contained their biggest sell out crowd ever in 2013.
    “Stradbally certainly coped with it well,” he added.
    “Every element seemed to have work, particularly the work of the Gardai. I didn't see one traffic jam.”

From the EP Site
    "Get discounts for your loyalty. We love our Picnic fans and want those that have been before to be rewarded. You deserve it! Electric Picnic 2014 (Friday 29th August - Sunday 31st August 2014) reward scheme tickets go on sale December 2nd. If you've been to the Picnic before we will ask you to prove it to avail of this scheme. Anyone that already attended this year will be sent a code directly from Ticketmaster to purchase your reward scheme tickets. Ticket prices and further information about the reward scheme will be released at the end of the month. Stay tuned for more information on the reward scheme and other Electric Picnic 2014 news"

Another query, my friends went last year and got the loyalty scheme. They are going to buy tickets again so could they just buy mine as well at the same rate if I give them the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Another query, my friends went last year and got the loyalty scheme. They are going to buy tickets again so could they just buy mine as well at the same rate if I give them the money?

This past year there was a limit of 2 tickets that could be bought with a loyalty code.

This past year there was a limit of 2 tickets that could be bought with a loyalty code.

so you could buy two tickets with one loyalty code?
    if thats the case they should be able to get it cos they have gone together for the past few years.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I say it every single bloody year.

Brand New.

Really? not sure whats the most concerning, that band request or the amount of thanks its got. I jest :D they'd be one of the better bands of the 45,000 + EP era.

so you could buy two tickets with one loyalty code?
    if thats the case they should be able to get it cos they have gone together for the past few years.

If they bought their tickets separately, as two separate orders, then each of them would get a code, and each of them could buy 2 tickets at the loyalty discount.

But if they bought their pair of tickets together in a single order from Ticketmaster, then only the actual buyer gets a code. (e.g., my husband had previously bought our tickets together, so he got the Ticketmaster loyalty code, with which he bought tickets for the two of us again --- we couldn't also get a discounted ticket for his sister)

Not to say that they'll do it the same way for next year

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i cant see the same level of discounts being applied again this year, it was openly abused by people and it must have ran the event to a pretty damn tight profit margin. Standard early bird, 30e discounts would be enough, and a solid line up, people will pay good money for a good line up, and last year was a serious step in previous years in the right direction to making it a decent festival, cutting the prices will mean cuts elsewhere, not what it needs

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd prefer if they brought the prices back up to the 2012 level and had a full lineup on Friday, with all the stages up and running.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement