Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

I'm surprised they're not making more of the ten year anniversary thing. Not easy getting ten years out of a festival and it's worth shouting about imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Digitalism are on my EP X-mass list!!:p

" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uBsfHA5LBo
    :D First track is savage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Tree Scape

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

Oh dear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

This doesn't bode we'll for a string line up. surely booking acts will be delayed until this is sorted!

I'd put money on this not happening this year based on what I've heard from legal circles. At least not with a name change.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

So many people with 'sources' claimed earlier this year that EP 2013 was never gonna happen with all the legal disputes. Yet it went ahead, sold out, and was a great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If EP is cancelled because of those greedy ***** arguing over money ill flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

David Bowie is fairly convinced it's going ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Liam92 wrote: »
    So many people with 'sources' claimed earlier this year that EP 2013 was never gonna happen with all the legal disputes. Yet it went ahead, sold out, and was a great success.

A success? Ah no did you not hear it just wasn't the same maaaaaaaaaan, all the old crowd are gone, dude. It's just new people now and the magic is gone, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

SV wrote: »
    A success? Ah no did you not hear it just wasn't the same maaaaaaaaaan, all the old crowd are gone, dude. It's just new people now and the magic is gone, man.

Why are the old people hippies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Update on the Facebook page:
    Sorry folks, tickets will now be on sale next year. We'll keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Electric Picnic

6 minutes ago

Sorry folks, tickets will now be on sale next year. We'll keep you updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Mother of……

Can they not just sort this out?

Relax, just means we'll get cheaper tickets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I don't really mind when the tickets are on sale but announcing that they'll be on sale at a certain date and then not following through comes across as fairly poor organisation. Why didn't they just wait till everything was sorted and then announced when the tickets would be on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Both organisers aren't doing themselves any favours here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

It doesn't bode well for getting decent acts booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

In fairness, it was a success for Festival Republic. Selling out the festival then suggesting capacity increases for future EPs. 2013 was well covered in the press with it selling out, tenth anniversary and all that jazz, so it will obviously attract new audiences. All those dolla dolla bills FR have and want, man.

Even with the 'new' crowd, it was hardly Oxegen-esque, yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

EP posted this on their Facebook page "Sorry folks, tickets will now be on sale next year. We'll keep you updated."

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic?fref=ts#

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

EP posted this on their Facebook page "Sorry folks, tickets will now be on sale next year. We'll keep you updated."

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic?fref=ts#

Yep, this is the start. I'd wager real money this is not going to happen. A name change might not even be possible if the site is tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't see any reason why it won't happen next year especially after last year selling out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My next door neighbours friend, knows this lad who apparently has a source that's going out with this girl, who knows a cleaner in FR offices who apparently said "wait a minute..! WTF is this Chinese whisper about!!"

From the independent article If 71% is €4.2M, then €5.9M is the total value of EP festivals ltd.
    If I had the guts of 6M invested somewhere I'd expect a return on my investment every year without fail. Money talks and I imagine there's very little breathing space left particularly since the festival lost €2.1m in 2010/2011. So I'm 100% confident EP14 will go ahead! If it didn't it would likely take down a web of promotions companies!

Reynolds is obviously a genius but how naive was it to sell 71% and still think he could control ticket prices and performers!

Why are the old people hippies?
    I'm just taking the piss out of the twats who were saying it was crap this year. They came across very hippy like.
    Liam92 wrote: »
    In fairness, it was a success for Festival Republic. Selling out the festival then suggesting capacity increases for future EPs. 2013 was well covered in the press with it selling out, tenth anniversary and all that jazz, so it will obviously attract new audiences. All those dolla dolla bills FR have and want, man.

Even with the 'new' crowd, it was hardly Oxegen-esque, yet.

I thought it was excellent, I was only taking the piss. Didn't think it was anything like Oxegen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

it will happen imo, but i'd say it might move away more from the boutique to mainstream as theres a gap in the market not being filled with Oxegen going dance, and boutique wouldnt bring the bucks as much.

either way theres a market for a mainstream rock and pop festival thats waiting to be filled, when it does... EP is gonna find itself in a sport of bother

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would many buy tickets before seeing even a bit of the lineup? I wouldn't.

I'm debating buying early bird tickets to be honest, if I do, I'll be holding out for the line-up and selling them if I'm unimpressed.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Would many buy tickets before seeing even a bit of the lineup? I wouldn't.

I would, wasn't really about the music for me(although it helped) but I enjoyed the general atmosphere and fun of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I would, wasn't really about the music for me(although it helped) but I enjoyed the general atmosphere and fun of it.

Yeah but if McBusted were announced as headliners it would kinda ruin the atmosphere, no? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement