Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Nope, I made a few suggestions as to how you might find some "new" bands that you might like, you denigrated that approach so I decided to state that I was bored of you which I am.
    Jazzzman wrote: »
    Nope. You patronized the bejaysus out of me and then decided to retreat when you were outwitted and outclassed.

When I need 'help to find new bands' then I'll be sure to give this thread a swerve, based on the apparent music taste of it's contributors.

P.S I'm bored of you now.

I'm bored of this crap. Any more of it and the usual cards/bans will follow.

As in don't reply to each other or anyone else if it's to whinge and def don't reply to this message. It's a bank holiday weekend. Go out. Have some fun. Lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Well there ya go EP is sold out.

Where's the 'hate to say I told ya so'ers'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

10155256_10152607424504168_2682933211235143161_n.png

Hhmmmm, the post has now been removed that its sold out???

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hhmmmm, the post has now been removed that its sold out???

Idiots you can still buy a ticket on Ticketmaster, they probably put it up too early.

Haven't been to a festival in quite a while anybody know if you need a ticket for parking???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Either way that proves it's extremely close to selling out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Idiots you can still buy a ticket on Ticketmaster, they probably put it up too early.

Haven't been to a festival in quite a while anybody know if you need a ticket for parking???

Nah you don't, free car park :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

byrneg28 wrote: »

nope, free parking provided

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ah feck, is it sold out?Saw Hot Press tweeting about it there but is that based on eps post or something?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah feck, is it sold out?Saw Hot Press tweeting about it there but is that based on eps post or something?

Not sure what the craic is, they posted the pic I posted above then deleted it soon after. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Last year on 22/8 they said there were a limited number of tickets left, announced it was sold out on 23/8, I'd imagine there will be a "close to sold out" warning. Wouldn't risk it if you really want to go though, beg steal or borrow!

Still available on ticketmaster, convenient timing to release as picture like that on a lot of peoples pay days?

murdog! wrote: »
    Still available on ticketmaster, convenient timing to release as picture like that on a lot of peoples pay days?

Quite a few people haven't been paid today, some problem with Bank of Ireland I think.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Quite a few people haven't been paid today, some problem with Bank of Ireland I think.

Ye apparently they will be paid at midnight tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Nothing on the website about it being sold out. Just that Sunday and Campervan tickets are gone.

hotpress:

Electric Picnic organisers have announced that the festival is on the brink of selling out
    The Stradbally celebration has never seen tickets snapped up in such a short time before, and there are no more than a handful remaining.

Whether it's dancing to Outkast, grooving to Chic or going on the emotional rollercoaster that is Beck, the festival is going to be an incredible weekend. The unlucky souls who miss out are going to be left licking their wounds, but a capacity crowd will be in for a cracking time.

It really is your final opportunity to grab them, so go! Go now! Hot Press will see you there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm not surprised. Enough on the line-up to attract people and it's the last big party of the summer before college/leaving the country/work/etc.

It's definitley SOLD OUT now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cover photo on fb updated to say Sold Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Good and bad about that. Hope they do take into account the extra 6000 and expand accordingly. There were years at Oxegen where it descended into a sub- shanty town in the campsite because of the lack of room (weather assisted of course).

• Advertisement

Yep, looks like they are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

cover photo on fb updated to say Sold Out.

where? i dont see that

askU wrote: »
    where? i dont see that

Its on the cover photo on Facebook.

10369879_10152607560594168_4940528106917155682_n.jpg?oh=efc069712f19d6ecc640ef80a70c53f0&oe=5433C0AE&__gda__=1415058641_a060e4ed7b79fc63b5a6bb82b746c7a0

Ticketmaster says sold out as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'd say adding Hozier, BBC, James Vincent McMorrow and the 1975 definitely helped push things along with the tickets.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I'd say adding Hozier, BBC, James Vincent McMorrow and the 1975 definitely helped push things along with the tickets.

Wouldn't have encouraged me, won't be watching any of them. ;) Although thats purely cos I've seen Hozier 3 times now and seen the rest as well. The 1975 are pure shíte so will be far far away when they are playing.

Definitely, they are very popular bands/acts and the lineup was a little left of center for a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Absolutely zero chance of it selling out.
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    Jazz man when this sells out you need to eat your 3day old cacks on Sunday @6 beside the salty dog stage!

;) it's payday

Fatfrog wrote: »
    ;) it's payday

LMAO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Good and bad about that. Hope they do take into account the extra 6000 and expand accordingly. There were years at Oxegen where it descended into a sub- shanty town in the campsite because of the lack of room (weather assisted of course).

There is room to make the campsite bigger from what i remember there was a chaplin campsite back in 2009 where the campervans have been recently.

I am taking a year off. I don't like the idea of bigger crowds but if the success ticketwise means the likes of arcadia and all the other side shows coming back in future years i might turn a blind eye in years to come.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement