Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If she wasn't good looking she'd be screwed.

Surely that's the other way around?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Waheeeeeeey

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

So what's the story with the comedy acts then? Have heard next to nothing about them, is there definitely going to be a comedy tent this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

All this "waiting for payday" crap wrecks me head. I know money is tight for most people but there have been 5 or 6 "paydays" since tickets were released. People who really wanted to go bought their tickets in time and the rest are reaping what they sowed. It sold out last year, day tickets sold out in no time and the warnings were all there. No sympathy.

But for the rest of us........can't wait. Sixth EP and the anticipation gets more intense every year............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Jumped on the tickets pretty much the week they came out this year and glad I did, I figured at €155 a pop that even if I decided not to go for some reason they'd be handy to sell on regardless of whether it sold out or not.

Can't wait for it now, but echoing what people have said hopefully it's not too cramped. I'm part of that dreaded "young crowd" demographic I suppose, but I'm one of the good ones I'd like to think and I too am hoping it's not overrun with raucous teens. Just remember that we're not all bad, I'll be there to enjoy the tunes and soak up the atmosphere just as I was last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I apologise for my ignorance, does 'Sold Out' extend to the Sunday tickets? I know a few heads that wanted to go on the Sunday without getting tickets yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

nocoverart wrote: »
    I apologise for my ignorance, does 'Sold Out' extend to the Sunday tickets? I know a few heads that wanted to go on the Sunday without getting tickets yet.

Sunday tickets sold out a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Best of luck to toast and all over at toutless... Gonna be a fun few weeks for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

How much will touts get this year?.. last year it topped €850 or Something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Sunil Sharpe and Bicep now added to my, ahem, serotonic load blowing list.

Really looking forward to chilling out to Duke Dumont too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Jumped on the tickets pretty much the week they came out this year and glad I did, I figured at €155 a pop that even if I decided not to go for some reason they'd be handy to sell on regardless of whether it sold out or not.

Can't wait for it now, but echoing what people have said hopefully it's not too cramped. I'm part of that dreaded "young crowd" demographic I suppose, but I'm one of the good ones I'd like to think and I too am hoping it's not overrun with raucous teens. Just remember that we're not all bad, I'll be there to enjoy the tunes and soak up the atmosphere just as I was last year!

It's not the age of the people, there's always been a good mix. It's the attitude you have once you're there, you'll be grand !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

How much will touts get this year?.. last year it topped €850 or Something like that.

Did anyone actually pay that much? I wouldn't spend that much on the ticket even if it was like spare change

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really hope these lads get added , Were in my top 5 of the weekend last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Really hope these lads get added , Were in my top 5 of the weekend last year

Oh I said that ages back, keep checking their page and nothing yet. Missed them at Longitude but would love to see them! Really hoping they get added.

The sh*tstorm on Facebook is hilarious, those volunteering stewards threatening to take a dislike to those gloating about having tickets and refuse them entry. lol..just lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

The sh*tstorm on Facebook is hilarious, those volunteering stewards threatening to take a dislike to those gloating about having tickets and refuse them entry. lol..just lol.

Little shíts! I'd nearly report them! Free up some space for other people to steward. I've done it once myself and had great craic.

Furious Red!!!! Good news, just tweeted Booka Brass Band asking them what the chances were of seeing them at EP and they just replied saying "medium to good ;)"

Whoop!

They must've been caught be surprise. Longitude made announcements every other day saying this or that was about to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Best of luck to toast and all over at toutless... Gonna be a fun few weeks for you!

Thanks. I've already got strict warnings up on over face value offers and selling. Amazing how people suddenly forget that element of what we do when it is something that they *REALLY* want. There are always some tickets on the go for an event with this capacity so I wouldn't lose hope yet but it is going to be tough to get them. We had our highest number of simultaneous users last year for EP which was 90. Basically meant any tickets that went up had 89 people scrambling for them at peak time.

If I was looking for a ticket my advice would be bookmark the TM page and refresh the hell out of it. Tickets will be popping back onto it without warning in dribs and drabs for the next month.

Good luck peeps and don't feed the touts.. if they get stuck with the tickets their prices will drop quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Tbh - every year i've used toutless i've got them cheap - just not arsed this year, especially after longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

With the increase in capacity, I sure as hell hope they don't move the campervan area back any further. That trek is a pain, don't mind it at night, but it has to be factored in when getting in for a specific band. Minor gripe I know.

Happy with the RBMA additions, the Joy Orbison EM from last week is great, the latter half especially. Could be an excellent way to finish off the Friday (providing that's the night he plays).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I don't understand how it sold out so soon after the supposed "increased capacity" - unless they were planning on cramming 40,000 in from the start without telling us.

I don't understand how it sold out so soon after the supposed "increased capacity" - unless they were planning on cramming 40,000 in from the start without telling us.

They applied for the increase long before they announced it. Otherwise they'd have to amend their application for licensing of the festival, which would be a pointless waste of everyone's time. They presumably always planned to sell +40000 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They applied for the increase long before they announced it. Otherwise they'd have to amend their application for licensing of the festival, which would be a pointless waste of everyone's time. They presumably always planned to sell +40000 tickets.

Considering the acts then it's a bit surprising. I don't think the lineup is bad by any means but it's quite clear it was done "on the cheap" for a lot of the mid to lower tier acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

I'm banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Jazzzman wrote: »
    I'm banned!

Doesn't reflect well at all on you I have to say.

I' banned !

Of course ya did ;)
    So are you gonna follow through and eat those 3 day old cacks for us all? Especially seeing as you said this had...what was it? A tiny chance of selling out? No that wasn't it..a minute chance maybe!? nah, I believe it was "zero chance" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I'm banned !

haha...i love this guy!! His never say die attitude inspires me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bodhrandude if the pic in the twitter post is recent looks the the "big blue" electric arena is back. Would they have the stage tents up this early?

Link to tweet;
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/494912607586103296

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Bodhrandude if the pic in the twitter post is recent looks the the "big blue" electric arena is back. Would they have the stage tents up this early?

Link to tweet;
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/494912607586103296

I think that could be the Rankin Woods stage, they had that last year and it was bigger than the EA tent, the EA tent last year was a blue and yellow stripe one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think that could be the Rankin Woods stage, they had that last year and it was bigger than the EA tent, the EA tent last year was a blue and yellow stripe one.

God isn't it terrible that I go every year for the past 8 years and I couldn't tell u the colour of any tent...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement