Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭doc_17

No Gallen in the 26 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

doc_17 wrote: »
    No Gallen in the 26 tomorrow.

Is he injured?

No word.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Ulster Final Day 2020
    The strangest of days in the strangest of years our intercounty footballers have certainly lifted the spirts and regardless of today’s result they are a credit to their clubs & counties. If they were playing anyone else I would be cheering on the Breffni blues great Gaa people passionate about their football. But hopefully our leader will be lifting the Anglo Celt this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Great stuff from the hurlers! Goals win games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭overshoot

Indeed looked bleak early on but really came into the game. Mayo were looking strong after the last waterbreak, second goal was crucial.

Fair play tipp too (lovely jersey) but that's enough underdog stories for one day!

Brendan McCole in for Ciaran Thompson

Never looked like Eoin McHugh would play at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Brendan McCole in for Ciaran Thompson

Never looked like Eoin McHugh would play at 4.

Thompson is a huge loss.

I don't know. He was good in our first Championship match. I didn't think he was great against Armagh. Paddy McBrearty can take the frees. It does rob us of another body in the middle for kick outs.

If Gallen is not in the squad I am assuming it's injury/Covid related.

Some of the players look seriously off the pace...especially McCole

• Advertisement

Slow enough start.

But we are beginning to move through the gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Three attacks between 26 and 30 mind no score. Jamie Brennan very poor.

Three attacks between 26 and 30 mind no score. Jamie Brennan very poor.

Donegal trying their best to throw this away

Donegal trying their best to throw this away

5 attacks no score. Taking ball into tackles. Rubbish tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

They’ll get past cavan but this standard won’t get them any further.

Our defensive deficit with mcgrath, mcmenamin, mcfadden ferry, gillespie all not starting or available is showing amongst other things.

Great to see McBrearty starting. Our walking wounded and our tacticians will definitely need the two week break.

They’ll get past cavan but this standard won’t get them any further.

Our defensive deficit with mcgrath, mcmenamin, mcfadden ferry, gillespie all not starting or available is showing amongst other things.

Great to see McBrearty starting. Our walking wounded and our tacticians will definitely need the two week break.

I wouldn't be counting my chickens yet.

Strange half.

Jamie Brennan having a poor game so far.

Cavan making a mockery of the odds.

We aren't playing particularly well. Nor are we playing that badly. We do need to keep the intensity up in the 2nd half.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Strange half.

Jamie Brennan having a poor game so far.

Cavan making a mockery of the odds.

We aren't playing particularly well. Nor are we playing that badly. We do need to keep the intensity up in the 2nd half.

Donegal aren't physically in ur. Wrong decision making. Cavan doing really well. I fancy them

This is poor.

Big final quarter needed.

We could have done with Gallen to come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

Only one team wants it and it ain't us:(

• Advertisement

Jamie Brennan, never be a footballer. Everyone playing for himself

Psychologically ill prepared for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Well that was absolutely dreadful, by the end of that game I was thinking that the only consolation was that we were not giving the Dubs a chance to beat us by 15 points. Cavan completely deserved that

Psychologically ill prepared for this game

Believing their own hype. Too many light weights who couldn't do it when it was put up to them. Fair dues to Cavan. Players think their doing well going on big solo runs. No one showing when chips were down. Bonner and coaching team have lots of questions to answer. Can't think of any player who got more than 3/10.
    Dublin will hockey Cavan. Dublin would've hockeyed us as well

3 points since the 26th minute. Anyone know where Niall O’Donnell went today? It wasn’t the Athletic Grounds anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Tyrone two years ago hurt like hell. Mayo last year was about as bad or maybe worse. We were played off the pitch today and somehow after the Tipp result it felt inevitable.

No excuses. There's nowhere you can blame a ref or blame anyone else but ourselves. Cavan played a savage game of football and got their reward. Fair play to them. I don't know what happens to our lads but when a game truly matters they crumble. Hard to know where we go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭overshoot

Fully deserved by Cavan, congratulations in order. Their work rate, tenacity, the in your face pressure on the ball was immense by Cavan. We were poor and they kept the boot in and never let us play, our lads didn't stand up to it and give as good as they got. When the pressure was on we fell short again.

Gallen was missed, would have brought something different coming on but we still have a lot of squad building to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭henke

That was shocking. Tipp and Cavan winners today you couldn't have predicted it. A chance for 3 in a row for the first time gone. As said hard to know where we go from here. 1/10 favourites. This is a low day in Donegal football. Fair play to Cavan they deserve it.

Packing the bench with injured and unfit players have been a norm with Bonner thinking he’s fooling the opposition, well it backfired today.
    They could not change things on the line today when things weren’t working.
    The team cohesion was dreadful today.

I would say it might be worth giving strong consideration to what standard of leadership we would want for the last year or two of Murphy’s playing career.

That aside, well done for those who committed and gave us some good sporting moments during these times and well done to Cavan. Relentless performance, the hunger was so evident. The celebrations will be huge in the county tonight and i’ll definitely be shouting for them against the swagger of the men from the capital.

That’s it for another year.

• Advertisement

3 All Ire QFs lost in a row basically now. A desperate performance. Totally lacking in all areas of the field and on the line. How NOD stayed on is a mystery.

2020 can suck my salty ba**s.

Advertisement