Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Paddy named in the clár offiguil

Eoin McHugh starts instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Maxi, oh sweet Jesus....

You need Rory as defence coach to complete the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Doing well. Hopefully go further ahead now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

Are Donegal playing with the wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rolo2010 wrote: »

Yeah, stretching their legs now.
    Could be out of sight by ht the way things are going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Yes I think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

Yep

I'd be running away if I pushed Murphy to the ground as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

If donegal got a goal the game is buried

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

As I type. Goal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

Well, that was enjoyable:)

Took us a while but utterly dominant from around the 20th minute. Annoying thing is that TV missing a lot of what's happening from their kick out.

Langan following up well on recent performances, Thompson is not. Mogan is the player we hoped he would be. Michael not doing great, suspect we will see him deeper in 2nd half.

Breeze might be strong but its hardly worth 13 points.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Took us a while but utterly dominant from around the 20th minute. Annoying thing is that TV missing a lot of what's happening from their kick out.

Langan following up well on recent performances, Thompson is not. Mogan is the player we hoped he would be. Michael not doing great, suspect we will see him deeper in 2nd half.

Breeze might be strong but its hardly worth 13 points.

Good teams usually take their time and slowly break down the opposing defence. It then becomes a slaughter when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I`ve been critical of him in the past, but fair dues young O`Donnell is going very well today. Young Mogan is some addition. Michael might not be knocking them over, but he is creating a bit of Armagh panic anytime the ball comes near him. Opened up the road for the goal and a point from O`Donnell.

We are good. Won't know how good for a while yet.

Armagh even crappier than I expected.

Donegal are through to the Nicky Rackard final and will play Mayo. Final score was Donegal 3-25 (34) Tyrone 1-21 (24).

A great day all round with the Ladies winning too (even if they still go out). Mayo will surely be favourites for the Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Dont know what annoyed me more today, Aidan Forker or Sky Sports camera work/commentary.

That was a lot handier than I was expecting. Armagh are one of those dogged outfits like Monaghan that gave us problems in the past.
    They looked poor though, but then we did look good, so hopefully them looking so poor was down to us.
    Good time though when when you see what we are sending in off the bench these days. That squad must be the strongest we have ever had.

Dont know what annoyed me more today, Aidan Forker or Sky Sports camera work/commentary.

A cigarette paper separation between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It was all too easy really, Armagh were awful. Still as the old cliche goes you can can only beat what is in front of you.

4 players going for their 6th Ulster title, McGee, McGrath, Murphy and McBrearty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭doc_17

What do we think Paddy McB’s role will be the ne t day? Does he start? Should he start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭henke

doc_17 wrote: »
    What do we think Paddy McB’s role will be the ne t day? Does he start? Should he start?

If fit I'd start him. If we are to win and face Dublin it's only time to get match minutes before then.

Ruthlessly efficient in the first half today. Controlled the tempo, dominated the collisions and broke the Armagh defensive line at will. Plenty of leadership and responsibility taken by the younger lads which was good to see.
    However our defensive options are starting to become a concern. We are running out of natural defenders.
    Nine Ulster finals in ten years is a remarkable achievement and something to be savoured. A three in a row would be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭overshoot

If McMenamin isn't fit and McGrath is, surely he starts?

Overall good performance, think we really made Armagh look poor today. The spread of scores is really great to see. Murphy, Ryan McHugh still often being double marked but we have so many now in a position to take advantage of that and still with mcbrearty and gallen on the bench

Phenomenal going for 3 in a row. Looking through the roll of honour it looks like Armagh in the 00s are the only team to do it since down 59-61. Cavan, Antrim managing it before that. No one even managed 2 together from 76 to 95! Only 3 in the squad above 30 too I think!

overshoot wrote: »
    If McMenamin isn't fit and McGrath is, surely he starts?

Aye, but it won't really matter if both are out. MacCeallbhui will be next man up, and then McCole I guess. Will do the job for the Ulster Final. Ward and Doherty aren't great but would be available if needed.

McMenamin looked in worse shape than Hugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think we’re a better team without Paddy at the minute.

doc_17 wrote: »
    I think we’re a better team without Paddy at the minute.

That's a remarkable comment considering how little football he has played recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Quote/ we are a better team without Paddy at the moment \Quote

I get what you're trying to say. There was a period where we nearly had a game plan around Paddy inside (circa2016) but the rest of the squad has grown since that now he will just chip in like the rest of the players in and around the danger area. Langan et al. Paddy will only add to the et al and when he is back to 100% you will probably review your post I guess 😂

• Advertisement

I get what you're trying to say. There was a period where we nearly had a game plan around Paddy inside (circa2016) but the rest of the squad has grown since that now he will just chip in like the rest of the players in and around the danger area. Langan et al. Paddy will only add to the et al and when he is back to 100% you will probably review your post I guess 😂
    I won’t be reviewing anything. Paddy McBrearty is one of the finest players ever to wear the jersey. Injuries permitting he’s at the prime of his career. He strikes fear into opposition defences. There isn’t a team in the country who wouldn’t want him playing for them.

Advertisement