Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2014 routes for Irish stages

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 infor74

Spotted a bright yellow Mavic car in Armagh today, race will be passing through my training route in Richill :D bloody can't wait!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

maybe its coincidence but there is a lot of roadworks being carried out around the merrion sq area and its all in order to get the road resurfaced around there

Also howth road is getting super slick surface road works. Maybe route will go howth road rather than coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Also howth road is getting super slick surface road works. Maybe route will go howth road rather than coast?

Well the route's been published and Swords, Malahide and Portmarnock are all mentioned but not Howth. I'm guessing they won't change it at this stage. Would have been nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Got below off a PDF document I received by e-mail. Can you post PDF's on here. Interesting stuff.

"The Irish Cycling show will be moving venue to become part of the Giro d'Italia finish.
    The exhibition will now take place in
    Merrion Square Park on Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th May 2014, as part of a festival of cycling, celebrating the Giro d'Italia coming to Dublin.
    Mara Media are working on a floor plan, which will consist of Marquee's and similar structures, which will be erected inside the park.
    The finish line for the 3rd and final Irish Stage of the Giro, will be outside Leinster House on the Sunday May 11th at roughly 4pm.
    Huge crowds are expected over the two days and the location (near the finish line) cannot be matched.
    Entry to visitors will be free over the two
    days with many events running to make it a fantastic weekend for visitors.
    If you are interested in exhibiting at the Irish Cycling Show 2014, please let us know asap, as space will be limited."

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Just found this link confirming Merrion Sq as finish line for Giro 2014 Stage 3.

http://www.irishcyclingshow.com/news.html

• Advertisement

happytramp wrote: »
    Well the route's been published and Swords, Malahide and Portmarnock are all mentioned but not Howth. I'm guessing they won't change it at this stage. Would have been nice though.

I said howth road not howth. Runs from Fairview to bayside.

happytramp wrote: »

I said howth road not howth. Runs from Fairview to bayside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Just thinking that it may well go up the Howth Road instead of the Coast Road as they seem to be resurfacing the Howth Road at the moment, possibly in preperation for the Giro ???

Just thinking that it may well go up the Howth Road instead of the Coast Road as they seem to be resurfacing the Howth Road at the moment, possibly in preperation for the Giro ???

Yes. I've been thinking the same for last few posts. Looks like it's going to be slick when finished ttoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Anybody really think a local authority at the end of its financial year would be doing up the roads specifically for a cycling event next May?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Inquitus wrote: »
    We should get bcmf to propose an alternate route to the organisers, show off the true delights of NCD cycling :D

Oh if only I was given the chance........
    Think of the headlines in Cycling Weekly etc...
    'Giro peloton and cavalcade gets lost on the pave somewhere south of Balbriggan.
    The whole show was last seen on the road between Balrothery and Lusk. They took what seemed to be a standard left hand turn and havent been seen since. Reports of sightings just turned out to be Banjo Duelling contests. Fears are now high that they will never be found.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

roche said he would love the return of the tour of Ireland. anyone see this happening? what status would it have ? unlikely worldtour. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/stephen-roche-lobbying-for-tour-of-ireland-return

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

bcmf wrote: »
    Oh if only I was given the chance........
    Think of the headlines in Cycling Weekly etc...
    'Giro peloton and cavalcade gets lost on the pave somewhere south of Balbriggan.
    The whole show was last seen on the road between Balrothery and Lusk. They took what seemed to be a standard left hand turn and havent been seen since. Reports of sightings just turned out to be Banjo Duelling contests. Fears are now high that they will never be found.'

I'd love to see this mythical "pave" you are always on about that is somewhere in NCD! I mean, sure, the road up past Courtlough is pure sh1t but it ain't THAT bad now!

No.
    It doesnt really exist.
    Its all in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

No.
    It doesnt really exist.
    Its all in my head.

Must have been some bump you got!

Should see the state of the car and the road.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Should see the state of the car and the road.

th?id=H.4914719390105899&pid=15.1

That picture is evidence.
    Its now comprimsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Hi bcmf, not sure if it's the same road you mean but the one from from the old Balbriggan/Balrothery road to Man o War past Courtlough Gun -club has been resurfaced of late. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Apologies, post shudda perhaps been directed at Lusk Doyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement