Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2014 routes for Irish stages

Options
  • 01-10-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Route for the 2014 giro is on BBC NI site. It will be going past my mothers house:).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

clog wrote: »
    Route for the 2014 giro is on BBC NI site. It will be going past my mothers house:).

heres a link
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24345048

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

clog wrote: »

..must...resist...yer...ma...joke.. :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Shinners unhappy that it isn't going over the Passo di Falls Road.
    Sinn Féin MP Paul Maskey said he was disappointed that the circuit did not include west Belfast.

"The image of cyclists going up and down the Falls Road would send out a massive positive signal right across the world," he said.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Starts on the Friday and looks like they won't be too far away from my place on the Sunday:)

(should also be getting a few more potholes filled on the back of this!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Starts on the Friday and looks like they won't be too far away from my place on the Sunday:)

Going through the birthplace of Harry Reynolds as well :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Already have my hotel booked for Belfast. Hope they run the opening TT in the evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Shinners unhappy that it isn't going over the Passo di Falls Road.

FYP

Already have my hotel booked for Belfast. Hope they run the opening TT in the evening.

Have to be nice to the mother in law for the next 6 months now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Going to Yorkshire for the Tour so I may be pushing my luck vanishing up North for the Giro as well.

We had Giro officials scoping out the roads around the office (beside Kilmainham Gaol) during the summer so I may just settle for a front row seat up here. Unless I can blag a perch near the finish.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Going through the birthplace of Harry Reynolds as well :-)
    Looking at the map I'm pretty sure it comes down the coast road from Balbriggan into Skerries then heads on to Lusk, Blakes Cross to Swords then the Estuary Road to Malahide and down the coast road to Sutton

• Advertisement

daragh_ wrote: »
    Going to Yorkshire for the Tour so I may be pushing my luck vanishing up North for the Giro as well.

We had Giro officials scoping out the roads around the office (beside Kilmainham Gaol) during the summer so I may just settle for a front row seat up here. Unless I can blag a perch near the finish.

Beasty, Morana and I are getting VIP passes afaik..

Looking at the map I'm pretty sure it comes down the coast road from Balbriggan into Skerries then heads on to Lusk, Blakes Cross to Swords then the Estuary Road to Malahide and down the coast road to Sutton

You can probably wave goodbye to most of your KOMs.

It wouldn't make sense to run it at any other time - they'll get massive crowds in the evening (and a lot of hassle from disgruntled commuters if they run it during the day)

You can probably wave goodbye to most of your KOMs.
    Yeah, but only because they'll have the bleedin' red lights turned off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

next years holidays already booked for giro and tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

lennymc wrote: »

They're visiting some lovely countryside for day 2. Torr Head and surrounds should make for a nice intro.

I see they're visiting Montecassino on May 5th. I can't wait to see what route they take into it. Lovely hills in that area. One thing is for sure...I'll be dropping around 10-15 pages on the Montecassino climb on Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Apologies if this was already posted but I don't see it anywhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24345048

I have family in Bessbrook (near N'Hamilton) and Forkhill, and live in Dundalk, so not sure yet where I'll go to view the race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'll be at Stranmillis embankment for the TT, live near enough there. Not sure about stage 2/3 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I'll be at Stranmillis embankment for the TT, live near enough there. Not sure about stage 2/3 yet.

Yeah, I'll definitely head to Belfast for the day. I'll skip day 2 and try and find a good spot for day 3, hopefully there'll be a long climb somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mod9maple wrote: »
    Apologies if this was already posted but I don't see it anywhere
    In the off topic thread! ;)

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    Beasty, Morana and I are getting VIP passes afaik..
    ...courtesy of PMcQ?

mod9maple wrote: »
    Apologies if this was already posted but I don't see it anywhere.
    Posts moved from the Camper Van;)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

so day 2 passes my old home town so i'll head up for the first 2 days and then back down for the last one which will pass my new home town,suppose i should let my father know now to book the room!!

...courtesy of PMcQ?

No, we'll be sat their in our "Skins" with Cookson as our personal guide ...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Right past my parents house in Antrim and right past my window in Skerries. Epic stuff

Is there a more detailed map available? The BBC one doesn't seem to allow me to zoom in.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Is there any Sportive linked to this. Doing the 3rd stage would be fun?

Is there a more detailed map available? The BBC one doesn't seem to allow me to zoom in.
    The route was leaked - it was only supposed to released next Monday so I'm guessing they won't want to provide any more detail until then

The route was leaked - it was only supposed to released next Monday so I'm guessing they won't want to provide any more detail until then
    How do lads know it passing their house/their mother's house etc.? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The Sunday stage looks as if it will pass about 300 metres from my gaff.
    Deadly!

Advertisement