Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terraria 1.2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Hey guys, I can give this game for free to people with donations welcome :p All I need is for you to be able to trade the 3 spare copies back to me as all I have at the minute is 4 packs ... I need them activated and the spares gifted to me in the trade window...

Reply back here with your steam name and I will add you if you have been a member on here long enough or under some kind of circumstances that I can trust you to return the 3 spares :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

is there any easy way of setting up multiplayer for this? iv read things about port forwarding and stuff but i have no idea what that is, how to do it or what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just find your IP, and create a game. Give the IP to your mate.

All those guides are for dedicated servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm finding hardmode ... well ... hard. I have full Adamantite armour, some beam sword, assault rifle and a defense of about 60.

Got butchered by the Twins twice last night, and another twice by the Destroyer (and he's supposed to be the easiest?). Normal enemies are fine, but these bosses are tough. Even with potions (basic ones I admit).

I've heard that Frost Armour (dropped during Blizzards?) and a mushroom spear are good for the Destroyer. Anyone have any idea how to get the Truffle NPC in? I have a mushroom house on a mushroom biome set up on the surface. No joy.

For Truffle, you need to use mushroom door, walls, table & chair. And you need to kill at least one hardmode boss if I recall.

Best advice I can give for bosses....build an arena in the air is possible. Use 2 sets of wood platforms, one above the other and lay down a few campfires to help with hp regen. Carry at least 3 of every potion useful for your character type and stay fully buffed. Weapons/magic that pierces is usually best for most bosses...or explosive ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Yeah, I got him in in the end. That spear is a cracker.

Took out the Destroyer with it - on the third attempt - then crafted the Megashark, and the Twins randomly spawned as I was doing so. Took them out with my new Megashark. Two boss kills within a few minutes. After that, it was just a case of getting me some Hallowed armour and farming them for a few nights, before heading for Plantera.

He was another tough one - managed it with the help of a friend (she was useless but distracted Plantera long enough for me to take him out).

The Golem is a piece of piss - it was harder getting there than actually fighting him.

Next up - farming for some Turtle armour. I'm running with full Chlorophyte now, and it's great, but I do want the next step up. Be it Spectre or Turtle. Only trouble is, the fecking giant tortoises never drop the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me, or they really really made HP Hearts a lot more rare?! I got only 240HP and I need to go and kill wall of flesh...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

anyone set up a dedicated server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

allanb49 wrote: »
    anyone set up a dedicated server

I echo this statement. I never had any friends who played this and joining random servers was always a mess. Playing on your own is dreadfully boring. Anybody know some friendly servers?

I was rolling in the dungoen and found some Chest with weird keys. Where do you get those keys? they all different.
    I found some sort of brick are in jungle too. I could not mine in to it with hellfire pick... Is there a way to find an entrance in to it?

And lastly. I think I sow on youtube someone doing a glowing mushroom farm on surface. Any ideas how to make it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I created a game at 86.43.170.42

I have no idea what I'm doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

danthefan wrote: »
    This game is €2.49 on Steam at the moment.

back to 10 euro now, i presume its still worth it tho considering how many copies they've sold??

Think i'll chance it :D

smithy1981 wrote: »
    back to 10 euro now, i presume its still worth it tho considering how many copies they've sold??

Think i'll chance it :D

10eu is more then worth it. Specially how much support it still gets from devs.

Is it me, or they really really made HP Hearts a lot more rare?! I got only 240HP and I need to go and kill wall of flesh...

Think I found 400 of them in my last game. Ok, that an exaggeration, but they are certainly not rare.

I was rolling in the dungoen and found some Chest with weird keys. Where do you get those keys? they all different.
    I found some sort of brick are in jungle too. I could not mine in to it with hellfire pick... Is there a way to find an entrance in to it?

And lastly. I think I sow on youtube someone doing a glowing mushroom farm on surface. Any ideas how to make it?

Those dark blue keys...you only even need one. Opens chests down in hell (lava layer). The other yellow keys open chests in the dungeon itself.

Oh, there are colourful chests there which needs keys from other areas before you can open them.

Those dark blue keys...you only even need one. Opens chests down in hell (lava layer). The other yellow keys open chests in the dungeon itself.

Oh, there are colourful chests there which needs keys from other areas before you can open them.

So yeah, I know about golden ones and shadow key. but I have no clue about those fancy colourful keys. Where do you find those?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Mobs in each of the different biomes (Jungle/Corruption/Snow/Crimson/Hallowed) have a chance of dropping one of those rare keys (They're pretty damn rare ! 1/4000 chance of dropping).

The chests have some of the best weapons in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm looking for a new portable game to play and I just tried the demo for Terraria on the PS VITA. I think I will go ahead and purchase the full game.

Anyone play the VITA game? Is it a good version of this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I'm looking for a new portable game to play and I just tried the demo for Terraria on the PS VITA. I think I will go ahead and purchase the full game.

I have not played the vita version, but I have read some reviews in the past which were all glowing. I think it gamespot who reckoned the Vita was the perfect platform for the game. I have it on the PC, but I do think it would be better to have it on a handheld.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have it and its greast ,really liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

The music alone would cheer up any commute :)

• Advertisement

I just built my first house on the way into work this morning. What sure what I'm to do next. It is dark out now and I did a little exploring. Ran back to the house quick enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I just built my first house on the way into work this morning. What sure what I'm to do next. It is dark out now and I did a little exploring. Ran back to the house quick enough though.

Pick a spot outside your house. Dig straight down, bring some torches. Keep digging until you see a cavern underground. Dig towards that. Explore it. Dig some more. Rinse, repeat. Curiosity will guide you once you start digging.

I built a Hellevator over the weekend. Took ages but it is quite impressive. I last about 30 seconds in Hell but I've still got a huge area left unexplored. Including the surface.

Anyone playing this on Playstation platforms?

I've been wondering if changes that were introduced in the big 1.2 patch will appear in my world that was created pre-patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Nah you most likely have to create a new world. There are new structures and biomes that would be created when you generate a new world that your old world would not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Thread resurrection.

Just picked this up on GOG because of the 1.3 announcement caught my eye. I heard nothing but good things about this game and to see them still supporting it with free content updates like this as well as the 25% off and the already small price-point made me cave and whip out the credit card out at 5 in the morning. Seems really fun so far. I wanna start playing with friends soon. I suck at the combat but haven't died yet... got real close at like >10 health when I didn't have a roof in my hut and zombies were just hopping in. Then 3 eyeballs entered the fray and I had to use the axe for range while the ryan tutorial guy was trying to help out. Just survived... and figured out how doors work so that helps.

Thread resurrection.

Just picked this up on GOG because of the 1.3 announcement caught my eye. I heard nothing but good things about this game and to see them still supporting it with free content updates like this as well as the 25% off and the already small price-point made me cave and whip out the credit card out at 5 in the morning. Seems really fun so far. I wanna start playing with friends soon. I suck at the combat but haven't died yet... got real close at like >10 health when I didn't have a roof in my hut and zombies were just hopping in. Then 3 eyeballs entered the fray and I had to use the axe for range while the ryan tutorial guy was trying to help out. Just survived... and figured out how doors work so that helps.

Yeah, it is a great game. I go back to it every now and then and get sucked in. When I was playing a few weeks ago I concentrated on making a really elobarate home base rather than just a hut. I had so much material gathered over the past year that it turned out pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lots of new stuff in the new 1.3 patch. Been playing sporadically yesterday, but plan of making at day of it today. Expert mode is much tougher.

Got a server up with buddy and we playing 2 days in a row till 4:00 in the morning.... God I love this game and developer for constantly updating it.
    From all these type of games Terraria was pretty much the first and still best.
    I just wish they would have easier multiplayer options and not just server type stuff on PC. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I didn't even know they were still releasing updates. Fair play to them. Will definitely give it a go this weekend.

Still think i prefer Starbound though.

Advertisement