Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41st Berlin Marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Anybody know how much the travel packages with a guaranteed entry cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 IrishinVan

Anybody know how much the travel packages with a guaranteed entry cost?

I'm living currently in Vancouver and for us if we have to go that route it's 1300.00 (CDN Dollars) PLUS 300 for race entry. It includes hotel and some meals at a 5 star hotel but that's it. Airfare and everything else extra. It's not too bad, but not great either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

So, it's €98 to register and then you have to pay extra for your timing chip and extra again for a tshirt?! That's kinda mad. I know it's one of the big ones but I did Paris this year and it was €95 all-in, which included a technical finisher t-shirt and all the other usual stuff, including timing chip (which I always assumed would be a given for any race you do!).

Also, there was no mention during sign up of estimated finishing time for your wave start. Does anyone know if you're asked that closer to the race date or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

yeah having to pay extra for the timing chip and t-shirt is pretty poor to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

anyone booked hotels yet? there's also a supplementary 50 per night on hotels for the marathon. this race is going to work out pricey:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Booked the SAS Radisson for Sat and Sun night. Interesting watching booking.com as the rooms disappeared! Anyone booked flights yet? Plan to fly in early Sat and home Mon. Hopefully keep the weekend under 1K for me and OH

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blamon

Does anyone know when we will hear about the second round. If we got in or not.. Will we receive another email saying yes or no..

blamon wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we will hear about the second round. If we got in or not.. Will we receive another email saying yes or no..

People that got in in the first ballot have until Nov 11th at 23:59 CET to finish their registration, after that if they have not they lose their spot and it's passed on to everyone (like yourself and I). I would assume IF you get in you would get an email, otherwise no. There seems to be more questions than answers in this whole process it seem :mad: Hopefully you get in! I know I've got my fingers crossed that i'm in. I don't want to go through a tour group to run it

Thanks pal would you know if there is a 3rd of 4th round as I heard that a lot of people entered more than once..What if they get it again..and we don't.

Thanks pal would you know if there is a 3rd of 4th round as I heard that a lot of people entered more than once..What if they get it again..and we don't.

I have no idea.... seems really disorganized and stupid. I've seen so many people that put in as many as five entries and two or three were accepted. I'm hoping there's many of those and or people in groups that bail out because someone in their group did not. From what I understand, the second ballot will go out, and you have like 48 hours to accept (better known as PAY) or it will keep getting passed on, but I could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I entered this eve, €104 and not even a t-shirt!

I haven't yet recieved confirmation email but it looks like money has been debited from my account.... Is anyone else waiting on the email??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Gavlor wrote: »

I haven't yet recieved confirmation email but it looks like money has been debited from my account.... Is anyone else waiting on the email??

Check your spam? Mr S and I both received confirmation emails.
    I was going through my emails and found my 2010 registration; only €86, that's a fairly big jump for 2 years.

Gavlor wrote: »

I'm assuming you got in on the original ballot. My wife got in (we're still waiting to see if I can get in on the second ballot) and we paid the same but got confirmation a few hours later from SCC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Yup, was in spam.

Thanks for replies. Now to try convincing Mrs G that Berlin is beautiful in late September.

Anyone get a second round offer yet..keep us posted. .fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭razor12345

Remaining spots to be announced on November 14

Anyone get an email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Anyone get an email yet

No and I won't do it even if I get in.

Why did you apply?

Why did you apply?

• Advertisement

Why did you apply?

I was going to do as part of a group of 7. No one got it so I decided against it. I rem in 2008 I applied I reckon in April of that year and got in. Did in 09 10 too so i prob won't do it again. Because of group I was going to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Oh wow, I got in on the second round.........ah head wreck, didn't expect to get in and planned accordingly.

Now I have tear apart and take another look at my event calendar for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

My Wife has got in on the second round. Nothing for me as yet i'm afraid. Not sure what to do now if only one of us gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Looks like the Berliners screwed up with this system , is there going to be a 20 th round ?another stereotype about Germans comes crashing down I.e efficiency !, although having said that they were pretty efficient at debiting my card

I got in. See what happens now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

In the same boat as a few others here - i.e. I got in but my other half ( well.... my bro) didn't....lots of thinking to do over the next few days!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I assume only successful people will get an email in the second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

I assume only successful people will get an email in the second round?

There should be emails telling you of you didn't get in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Any thoughts on when to book flights? I'm flying in the day before the race, Saturday, and home on the Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

I wouldn't fly in the day before the flight, its an early flight, then you've to get to the hotel, then out to the expo and be concious of everything you've to be concious of the day before the marathon.

Fly the Friday, if its a matter of € and not wanting to spend the extra then fly home Sunday evening instead of Monday.

Advertisement