Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41st Berlin Marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Yeah but how many of them did it a few times because it's now a 'lottery'? Huge bulk in numbers there I'd say.

Yep, I applied twice! There didn't seem to be any obvious efforts at preventing multiple entries so I would imagine they will tighen this up next year.
    Reckoned I had a decent odds of getting in with two entries. Hopefully lady luck will come through and deliver for me now!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,027 ✭✭✭✭event

RayCun wrote: »
    Don't think I want a place now - the Brandenburg Gate can wait, I want to run down Nassau Street...

If I get in, I'll try and do Dublin too. Was such a buzz this year, can't miss that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Runner2012

Anyone hear anything on this yet?!

not yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hold your horses :pac:
    Beginning November 1, we will send an email to everybody who has been drawn informing them of their “raffle-luck”. Included in this email will be a registration link for the 41st BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2014. The binding registration must then be completed between November 4 and November 11, 2013.

beginning - does that mean if you don't get one Friday, don't panic, there is still a chance you will get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

event wrote: »
    beginning - does that mean if you don't get one Friday, don't panic, there is still a chance you will get one?

Ok, I'll do the work for you :rolleyes:
    In case you have not received any mail telling you are "in" or not (check your spam account) until November 2, please turn to info@scc-events.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Runner2012

Hehehe! I get antsy if I haven't confirmed another marathon within 72 hours of crossing the line!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll do the work for you :rolleyes:

You're as good as zappos

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=706527

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 IrishinVan

I thought I had read somewhere they would disqualify for multiple entries, I can't remember where and maybe I'm mistaken. Anyhow, we'll see how this lottery works. Has some holes, my wife and I couldn't register together so there's a chance only one of us gets in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

IrishinVan wrote: »
    I thought I had read somewhere they would disqualify for multiple entries, I can't remember where and maybe I'm mistaken. Anyhow, we'll see how this lottery works. Has some holes, my wife and I couldn't register together so there's a chance only one of us gets in

Same position myself. My wife and i both had to register separately. Don't know what will happen if only one of us makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

From The Website:

The lottery took place on on October 30.
    Those who were selected are receiving notification with a registration code until November 1st.

Those who have registered successfully and have not received any email telling they are "in" or not until November 2, should first check their spam account before turning to info@scc-events.com after November 2.

The binding registration must then be completed between November 4 - 11, 2013. Any spots that are not confirmed during this time period will be offered to pre-registered candidates according to the order in which they were randomly selected.
    These remaining spots must be confirmed by the binding reservation between November 25 and December 2, 2013.

From The Website:

The lottery took place on on October 30.
    Those who were selected are receiving notification with a registration code until November 1st.

Those who have registered successfully and have not received any email telling they are "in" or not until November 2, should first check their spam account before turning to info@scc-events.com after November 2.

The binding registration must then be completed between November 4 - 11, 2013. Any spots that are not confirmed during this time period will be offered to pre-registered candidates according to the order in which they were randomly selected.
    These remaining spots must be confirmed by the binding reservation between November 25 and December 2, 2013.

I don't think anyone as of yet has received their confirmation emails. At least not on BM's facebook or on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

I just got an email confirming a spot :)

I submitted 4 other entries for other people as well (using different email accounts) and none of them have received anything yet though...

I just got an email confirming a spot :)

I submitted 4 other entries for other people as well (using different email accounts) and none of them have received anything yet though...

Congrats!!... I'm still anxiously waiting :( lol

My wife just got her confirmation... stilllllll waiting on mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Got mine too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

Me too, there's no way I can mention the word marathon in this house this week, I'm hoping to go though..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Rejected. Ouch. I'm not used to rejection. :pac:

Relieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Rejected ouch, might just do (hope to) Chicago again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

They can't fire me, I already quit!

Didn't get in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

I'm sure there'll be loads of people who won't accept so places will come on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Rejected also! Didn't want to do ti anyway!! :pac: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Nothing yet..... But if I get in mrs g is going to chop my legs off. London and Berlin in the same year??

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Berlin computer says “Nein!!”

Don't care, prefer Austria, Wachau here I come!!!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

No go for me:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭McWotever

I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭opus

Bah pfo email for me as well :( Oh well maybe something will show up in Nov if they don't fill all the places.

Advertisement