Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It seems to me that you are unable to spend your money, I'm actually in the same boat myself, with Walcott out there isn't another premium midfielder that I want(Ozil is overpriced for me, i'd have him for 9m) and i'm happy with my front 3 of Sturridge, Giroud and Rooney), Verthongen will likely score a hell of a lot more points than Dawson over the season as as I said you won't need to worry week to week if he's still in the team, anyway it's only a suggestion which I thought might suit you from reading your posts lately.

The thing is I plan to use the money be it on a Michu or an RVP eventually. Spending 7 million on a defender who has counterparts in the same defence available for 2 million less is not using the money wisely IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Need two cheap midfielders: thinking Whittingham (taking a punt!) and Ramsey? Bit worried about Ramsey because I already have Giroud and Ozil and I'm putting an awful lot of eggs in the Arsenal basket.

Better alternative? Have 6.6 to spend on second mid.

The new West Brom lad Morgan Amalfitano for £5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Need two cheap midfielders: thinking Whittingham (taking a punt!) and Ramsey? Bit worried about Ramsey because I already have Giroud and Ozil and I'm putting an awful lot of eggs in the Arsenal basket.

Better alternative? Have 6.6 to spend on second mid.

Went for Moses this week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That seems mad to me, what you'e doing is removing Spurs best and most creative player at the moment, someone who is well able to score also- ahead of a very attractive match for him- for someone who is scoring well at the moment but will be looking over his shoulder to keep his place in a few weeks and who will very likely have to score twice or even more at the weekend to justify the hit. I can't see sense in it but it could well work out.

Im thinking of getting in eriksen this weekend. Havent seen much of spurs does he play off soldado and is he on any set pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

My back line for the weekend currently is Coleman, Dawson, Merts (Chester inj, Collins, dropped last week)

Have the money to upgrade and intend to get a premium defender over next few weeks, but given that Coleman likely to get very little at City, would a hit for Collins to zabaletta be likely to pay off?

Also want to get clyne for Chester soon, but Soton at home to Swansea not a high chance CS even with their record, or is it?

Do one of the above or chance Coleman and get a defender next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭larchielads

sorry arnie plays for stoke although the way RAMSEY IS PERFORMING HE COULD JUST AS EASY BE ARNIE. I do plan to be stubborn for one more week and avoid ramsey. Main reason Im thinking of a points hit is if collins doesnt play Ill only have 11 fit players.

Ramsey is RAMBO;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That seems mad to me, what you'e doing is removing Spurs best and most creative player at the moment, someone who is well able to score also- ahead of a very attractive match for him- for someone who is scoring well at the moment but will be looking over his shoulder to keep his place in a few weeks and who will very likely have to score twice or even more at the weekend to justify the hit. I can't see sense in it but it could well work out.

Swiper can you talk me out of bringing in Townsend for either Redmond or WP this week? He's a great price and we've already talked about how good a little player he is but do you think he'll get game time in the next few GWs as he has done?

Lamela is taking his time but Chadli is back in the fold now too. It's an itch I've been unable to shake today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

You're totally right. I'll hold onto Erikson and avoid a hit this week as there's no real need, knee-jerk reactions like that cost me dearly last year.

Thanks for your input, it's constructive criticism like this that makes FSA such a valuable resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Im thinking of getting in eriksen this weekend. Havent seen much of spurs does he play off soldado and is he on any set pieces?

No point posing questions to me at 10 o clock at night I'm afraid, 4 kids under 7 I'm often well tucked up by then:o

Eriksen is on all set pieces and direct free kicks, came to Spurs with an amazing reputation for them also, like so many of my players (Vert, Arnie, Mirallas, Luiz, Wilsonetc:pac:) it's only a matter of time before he cuts loose:p

Swiper can you talk me out of bringing in Townsend for either Redmond or WP this week? He's a great price and we've already talked about how good a little player he is but do you think he'll get game time in the next few GWs as he has done?

Lamela is taking his time but Chadli is back in the fold now too. It's an itch I've been unable to shake today.

I always think of the Lloris/Friedel situation last year, AVB is obviously loyal to performing players, Lamela will have to get a real chance soon though-(Chadli will have to prove himself a bit more) but with favourable fixtures right now I'd say go for it, thing against it is that Siggy will be harder to leave out than Townsend as things stand- So in a nutshell I haven't got a clue.

• Advertisement

No point posing questions to me at 10 o clock at night I'm afraid, 4 kids under 7 I'm often well tucked up by then:o

Eriksen is on all set pieces and direct free kicks, came to Spurs with an amazing reputation for them also, like so many of my players (Vert, Arnie, Mirallas, Luiz, Wilsonetc:pac:) it's only a matter of time before he cuts loose:p

Good man eriksen in for brady so.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Paulinho good option for spurs too, has top #shots with Spurs and is box to box.

He was rested last night with Vert, so is clearly nailed starter.

I think I would prefer Erikson aswell at his price but nothing wrong with Paulinho either. I think he has a fairly decent previous attacking pedigree and should get some decent FF returns long term with those late runs to box ala Rambo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 El Canelo

Good man eriksen in for brady so.

I think Brady is only going to miss the 1 game by the sounds of it, if you plan on getting him back.

El Canelo wrote: »
    I think Brady is only going to miss the 1 game by the sounds of it, if you plan on getting him back.

Im down to the bare bones this week so need to make a transfer. May get him back in a few weeks as he has served me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fergal23

Opinions please! Wanna bring in Suarez or Sturridge, can't afford both. So was thinking either Hazard and Bony to Sturridge and Eriksen OR Suarez and Barkley? I'm thinking having Eriksen in would bring more balance as I already have Baines for Everton, Eriksen would have an easier fixture on paper. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

sorry arnie plays for stoke although the way ramsey is performing he could just as easily be arnie. I do plan to be stubborn for one more week and avoid ramsey. Main reason Im thinking of a points hit is if collins doesnt play Ill only have 11 fit players.

I'm avoiding Ramsey because I don't think a 4 point hit was warranted this week. The problem is, Arsenal don't play until Sunday and he is guaranteed to rise Saturday night. Would be nice to see him play before transferring him in! Unsure whether it's worth letting him rise another £0.1m just to watch him play. Worried he could either have a shocker or get injured...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Do you guys think bringing Rooney in for Giroud for a 4 point hit is madness? :confused:

I'm just worried that I have no Utd attacking cover.

roryc wrote: »
    I'm avoiding Ramsey because I don't think a 4 point hit was warranted this week. The problem is, Arsenal don't play until Sunday and he is guaranteed to rise Saturday night. Would be nice to see him play before transferring him in! Unsure whether it's worth letting him rise another £0.1m just to watch him play. Worried he could either have a shocker or get injured...

Then you have a 2 week break for internationals. I really dont want to make an early transfer this week. If I do get him in its more of a defensive move so Im not too concerned how much I have to pay for him. Was reading an article in the paper yesterday was surprised with all the midfield options arsenal have flamini, ramsey, arteta, wilshire,cazorla,podolski, rosicky,walcott, ozil when everyones fit Id expect his returns to slow down as Id see the first 4 competing for 2 spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,061 ✭✭✭✭CSF

John83 wrote: »
    Do you guys think bringing Rooney in for Giroud for a 4 point hit is madness? :confused:

I'm just worried that I have no Utd attacking cover.
    United attacking cover is hardly a necessity is it, Rooney may not even play. I have Rooney but am nervous about the fact that I have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Reasonably happy with 11-12 players right now, so thinking that I might just strengthen squad and do Chambers -> Clyne.

• Advertisement

Then you have a 2 week break for internationals. I really dont want to make an early transfer this week. If I do get him in its more of a defensive move so Im not too concerned how much I have to pay for him. Was reading an article in the paper yesterday was surprised with all the midfield options arsenal have flamini, ramsey, arteta, wilshire,cazorla,podolski, rosicky,walcott, ozil when everyones fit Id expect his returns to slow down as Id see the first 4 competing for 2 spots.

Can't see him being dropped for anyone the way he is playing at the minute.

Any news on Ben Arfa re a possible injury? Could really do with some form of return from him tomorrow to stop the transfers out.

Would be handy to be able to keep him so I can use transfers on my defence.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any news on Ben Arfa re a possible injury? Could really do with some form of return from him tomorrow to stop the transfers out.

Would be handy to be able to keep him so I can use transfers on my defence.

Didn't think it was an injury that saw him replaced the other night, just a change in formation/strategy from Pardew who has been making encouraging noises about his substitutes in the last few days, I'd have concerns about Ben Arfa if I hadn't already shipped him, tough fixtures coming up also.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can't see him being dropped for anyone the way he is playing at the minute.

true he is the form midfielder in the league at the minute, they will have an awful amount of options though. Flamini and ozil have added to an already good midfield. It has me thinking that walcott may not be as good an option as I felt he would be as wenger cant play them all.
    Take out rosicky from my original list and assume ozil will start and wenger will have to pick 4 from walcott, cazorla, arteta, ramsey, wilshire, podolski, flamini.
    My guess would be
    Ramsey arteta
    walcott ozil cazorla
    Giroud
    That leaves wilshire, flamini, podolski, rosicky on the bench so lots of options and permutations.
    There are a good few arsenal fans on here Id be interested to hear what their line up would be if all players fit.

true he is the form midfielder in the league at the minute, they will have an awful amount of options though. Flamini and ozil have added to an already good midfield. It has me thinking that walcott may not be as good an option as I felt he would be as wenger cant play them all.
    Take out rosicky from my original list and assume ozil will start and wenger will have to pick 4 from walcott, cazorla, arteta, ramsey, wilshire, podolski, flamini.
    My guess would be
    Ramsey arteta
    walcott ozil cazorla
    Giroud
    That leaves wilshire, flamini, podolski, rosicky on the bench so lots of options and permutations.
    There are a good few arsenal fans on here Id be interested to hear what their line up would be if all players fit.

Ramsey has proven me wrong big time and while he will have to miss the occasional game he is well ahead of Wilshere for that second deeper midfield spot, one of Arteta and Flamini will always play, the front 4 is a no brainer although Podolski can feel hard done by, Wenger will have his work cut out keeping a happy dressing room with that type of talent on the bench, particularly in a world cup year, Wilshere won't play for England if he's not in the Arsenal team, likewise Podolski with Germany.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

So whats the update on Rooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

"I've not seen Wayne this morning so I couldn't give you an update yet," stated Moyes at Friday's press conference.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Oct/david-moyes-no-update-on-wayne-rooney-fitness-ahead-of-sunderland.aspx

Moyes is getting more and more annoying:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

moreau wrote: »
    "I've not seen Wayne this morning so I couldn't give you an update yet," stated Moyes at Friday's press conference.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Oct/david-moyes-no-update-on-wayne-rooney-fitness-ahead-of-sunderland.aspx

Moyes is getting more and more annoying:rolleyes:

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fantasy Football Scout predicted line ups have Ben Arfa dropped to bench. Seems to be a lot of speculation this might happen. How likely do yous think lads? Will be interesting to see Total FPL lineups later.

If it happened it would leave me with 10 starting players. Plus HBA price is set to drop tonight. Time for a -4.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Greetings!

With all the speculation around Ben Arfa would it be wise to take a hit (-4pts) and dump him for Siggy?
    He didn’t perform well last weekend, is going do drop 0.1 today and as things stand, is in doubt for this GW..
    On the other end… I would like some spurs cover and Siggy looks in form for the present GW (home against west ham) and for the next GW’s – Aston Villa (A); Hull (H); Everton (A); Newcastle (H).

Already swapped (No) goldado for the ear-bitter Suarez (looking good with the Armband..)

My current team:

Mignolet / Davis

Zabaleta / Vidic / Coleman / Dawson / Chester

Ozil / Moses / Ben Arfa / Redmond / Ward-Prowse

Suarez / Giroud / Rooney

All opinions are more than appreciated!

Advertisement