Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How much longer do we think that Townsend will hold off Lamela for? Obviously I won't do anything until after tonight but if I got 3 weeks out of him at 5.5 I'd be quite happy. He could be a fantastic differential to Sig and Erikson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm going to rid myself of one of Collins, Whittaker or Ben Arfa.

It'll be an 8 point hit but I'm beyond caring at this stage. Hits make this game more interesting and I've had a good run even if I do fook up this year.

Team for the weekend is:

Mignolet
    Shaw Coleman Zabaleta
    Ben Arfa Ramsey Ozil Barkley
    Suarez Giroud Sturridge

Subs: Harper, Brady, Collins, Whittaker

I've a huge amount of cash in the bank. Can't remember how much but its around 5 million or something.

I'm thinking Whittaker to Terry or Dawson is the most sensible transfer?
    I'm still not sure if Collins has lost his place and, even if he has, he's 4.6 mil so if he drops I won't lose anything.

It'd also allow me to play 3-4-3 and not field Coleman against City.

Other options could be:

Barfa to Michu or any promising midfielder

Opinions?

Doesn't doing well make this game more interesting? :)

How are you doing out of interest? I recall you previously being one of the more enthusiastic FF players? Poor start?

I've had the same but my recent GW of 87 has got me interested again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Take hit and get rid of Brady for Ramsey ? I had planned on playing Brady and benching Coleman this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm waiting until next week and will look at the Brady/Ramsey move. Depending on your bench I don't think it's worth a hit this week. If Rooney is confirmed to miss the game I might end up doing it though.

To be honest I might just hold on to Brady. He should only miss 2 matches and will aim to be back for the Spurs game. After this, Hull face Sunderland, Southampton and Crystal Palace. He's central to everything they do and has already bagged three double digit gameweek scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

RVP to drop tonight....... Anyone keeping hold ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Macker1 wrote: »

Yes I'm keeping him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Macker1 wrote: »

He isn't worth it.

RVP + (say) Weiman = €20m

Suarez + Benteke = €20m

He would need to be a goal and assist a game guaranteed to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

suggestions ???

Have Sturridge

RvP & Anelka to ?????
    Was thinking Lakaku and Giroud...BUT !! ...i have two everton and two arsenal players already (not sure i want 3).

Any thoughts please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You can have 3 from one team, so you can do both?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

miller82 wrote: »
    suggestions ???

Have Sturridge

RvP & Anelka to ?????
    Was thinking Lakaku and Giroud...BUT !! ...i have two everton and two arsenal players already.

Any thoughts please?

Lukaku and Rooney/Suarez if you can afford it would be the obvious choices, how much money do you have to spend after selling that pair? as long as your two current Everton players arent both attacking i wouldnt worry about having 3 from the same team right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

gimmick wrote: »
    You can have 3 from one team, so you can do both?

sorry, edited that slightly. i try to avoid having three from the one team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

miller82 wrote: »
    suggestions ???

Have Sturridge

RvP & Anelka to ?????
    Was thinking Lakaku and Giroud...BUT !! ...i have two everton and two arsenal players already (not sure i want 3).

Any thoughts please?

Lukaku and Rooney, I'd say. You can then think about Sturridge & Rooney > Benteke and Suarez down the line. Benteke/Lukaku/Suarez is probably the best long-term line-up; definitely what I'm working towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cbuckley2010

one Team 395 points and the other I'm looking after for a mate has 418 points - in 336th place overall, after GW 2 this team was in top 10 overall

Lukaku - Suarez - Giroud is the stirke force for the next few weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sigurdsson on the bench for Spurs tonight. as is Dawson.

nailed on to start at the weekend so.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

So is he a major doubt for the weekend?
    moreau wrote: »
    Giroud, Rooney or Sturridge out for Suarez.

This is actually the most difficult decision for me so far this year:(

It'd definitely be Rooney for me. Personally, I would pick Lukaku or Aguero before I'd consider Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ward-prowse out, kasami in as a short term fix with mirallas maybe missing this weekend.

I'm going to stick with Mirallas as i feel he's on the verge of coming good points wise. been playing well for everton, just not picking up high scores.

W-P is done and Fulham have 2 nice games at home to Stoke and away to Palace. kasami is pretty much naiiled on as their AM behind berbatov.

debating a 4 point hit for no-gol-dado to sturridge. Can't afford suarez but reckon the 2 of them will run riot on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

debating a 4 pt hit by taking out brady or chester. Current defence and midfield
    terry, vidic, dawson, collins, chester, arnie, ozil, barkley, brady, moses. Money is no issue Ive nearly 7 million in the bank. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

debating a 4 pt hit by taking out brady or chester. Current defence and midfield
    terry, vidic, dawson, collins, chester, arnie, ozil, barkley, brady, moses. Money is no issue Ive nearly 7 million in the bank. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't take Brady out for a 4 point hit unless there was a good reason. I don't know who "Arnie" is. Ramsey, is it? Ramsey, Özil, Barkley, and Moses make a good lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Brought in Arnautovic early this week for Ward-Prowse as he was about to drop in price. Fulham are there for the taking so hopefully he'll be a nice differential this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Brought in Arnautovic early this week for Ward-Prowse as he was about to drop in price. Fulham are there for the taking so hopefully he'll be a nice differential this GW

Eh Hangeland will be gettin a clean sheet I'll have you know....otherwise he'll be the worst transfer I've ever made in this game :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

jma wrote: »
    I wouldn't take Brady out for a 4 point hit unless there was a good reason. I don't know who "Arnie" is. Ramsey, is it? Ramsey, Özil, Barkley, and Moses make a good lineup.

sorry arnie plays for stoke although the way ramsey is performing he could just as easily be arnie. I do plan to be stubborn for one more week and avoid ramsey. Main reason Im thinking of a points hit is if collins doesnt play Ill only have 11 fit players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Eh Hangeland will be gettin a clean sheet I'll have you know....otherwise he'll be the worst transfer I've ever made in this game :eek:

I'd be surprised if Fulham keep cs. Reports Jol could be on his way too. That means the Arnie bandwagon begins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Yeah Fulham are actually playing like relegation fodder. Utter pants

I think a good few players have had more shots than their entire team

Hangeland used to be gr8 in FF in bygone days! This week might be ok though for CS, stoke are in a bit of transition themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

I've got such an itchy trigger finger to switch Erikson for Siggy. Will cost me 4 points though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cbuckley2010

I'm trying to firgure who to bench and who to play..currently my first team is

Mignolet

Dawson-Coleman-Vidic

Ozil-Ramsey-Yaya-Michu

Giroud-Lukaku-Suarez

SUBS: Price(GK) Fonte, Turner (DEF) Barkeley (MID)

Thinking to take Coleman out as they play CITY and bring in Fonte (H, SWA) or Turner (H, New)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Would you consider Verthongen since you're so flush for money, absolutely guaranteed to play every week, great fixtures in a very mean defence to date(least shots conceded of any team) and a serious goalscoring threat that he hasn't even introduced yet this year, oh and a bonus point magnet. This is my thinking anyway, I'm putting him in this week.

I really can't justify 7 million for him when Dawson plays in the same defence and is 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fizman wrote: »
    Doesn't doing well make this game more interesting? :)

How are you doing out of interest? I recall you previously being one of the more enthusiastic FF players? Poor start?

I've had the same but my recent GW of 87 has got me interested again!

I'm at 400k in the world so not doing well but not terribly either. I'm always a post Xmas blossomer anyway!

Hits have worked out for me so far and with no news on Barfa, I risk going into the weekend with only ten guaranteed starters as Brady is injured and Collins/Whittaker out of favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I really can't justify 7 million for him when Dawson plays in the same defence and is 5.

It seems to me that you are unable to spend your money, I'm actually in the same boat myself, with Walcott out there isn't another premium midfielder that I want(Ozil is overpriced for me, i'd have him for 9m) and i'm happy with my front 3 of Sturridge, Giroud and Rooney), Verthongen will likely score a hell of a lot more points than Dawson over the season as as I said you won't need to worry week to week if he's still in the team, anyway it's only a suggestion which I thought might suit you from reading your posts lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

tom_k wrote: »
    I've got such an itchy trigger finger to switch Erikson for Siggy. Will cost me 4 points though :(

That seems mad to me, what you'e doing is removing Spurs best and most creative player at the moment, someone who is well able to score also- ahead of a very attractive match for him- for someone who is scoring well at the moment but will be looking over his shoulder to keep his place in a few weeks and who will very likely have to score twice or even more at the weekend to justify the hit. I can't see sense in it but it could well work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Need two cheap midfielders: thinking Whittingham (taking a punt!) and Ramsey? Bit worried about Ramsey because I already have Giroud and Ozil and I'm putting an awful lot of eggs in the Arsenal basket.

Better alternative? Have 6.6 to spend on second mid.

Advertisement