Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

Yep. If and only if he is brought in as a season keeper because there will be weeks of 2 1 2 2 etc. But he's on frees, corners, penos and constantly creates the most goal scoring opportunities according to stats. Not to mention clean sheet potential and bonus point magnet under the new system.

At 7.6 he'll outscore any midfielder close to that price bracket come the end of the season. And I plan on switching to a 433 and basically play him as my 4th midfielder.

I've got my wildcard to come, some food for thought you've given me!

I'm wasting money on Gerrard and Fellaini now so will slash my midfield costs and bring Baines in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

BNMC wrote: »
    And you aren't a Moderator.

I never claimed to be .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

IrishIrish wrote: »
    :rolleyes: 8 English teams in the final of the Champions League in the past 10 years and 4 English Winners. No other league even comes close. May not have any individual teams in the top 4 or 5 in the world at this exact moment but the league is still comfortably one of the strongest in the world.

Good point my son, good point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Who'll get the sack first Pellegrini or Moyes....have a sneaky suspicion Pellegrini in particular will be a disaster in the AVB/Scolari at Chelsea mold

Please leave the soccer discussion in the soccer forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Who'll get the sack first Pellegrini or Moyes....have a sneaky suspicion Pellegrini in particular will be a disaster in the AVB/Scolari at Chelsea mold

All soccer-related talk goes in the soccer forum
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    This ain't the soccer forum .

Please refrain from backseat moderating Lipicas, just report any post and let the mods handle it.

Of ye go now lads :-)

Anyway this Rooney niggle is annoying to say the least. More points hits! Yah.

I think I excel in all this carnage!

• Advertisement

Good few websites saying Rooney should be back for the Weekend game as injury is not serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I reckon he'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jeryjesuitical

Anyone know how serious his injury actually is? The last 4 players I haven't played due to 75% chance of playing, have gone on to score...so, worth playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Yeah he will surely be ok

Kick to the shin can hardly be too bad!

Was all set for Sturridge to Suarez but not sure now. Maybe transfer Rooney out, with RVP back and Hernandez+Wellbeck and CL maybe Roo may not be best option mid-long term.

Most likely Studge to Lukaku then at some point soon

Strikers are so tricky this year. The one thing I do know for certain is Suarez is coming in and getting the armband this GW.

Welcome to the forum - quick word of advice. Don't make a new thread for one question, it will just get locked. There's plenty of threads this question could go in.

To answer it, yeah I think he'll play - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8953585/wayne-rooney-set-to-face-sunderland-as-david-moyes-reveals-shin-injury-not-serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Agree with Rory about the starting of the threads.

As for Rooney you 100% start him. If he is carrying an injury he will either start if recovered or be omitted from the squad completely if not. There is little chance of him being on the bench if he is still carrying a knock.

Merging with GW7 Transfers...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,178 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rooney will start.

i'd be utterly shocked if he didn't. he was being rested for last night, and was on the bench until the shin swelled.

there's no way that won't come down in 2 days.

Rooney is sick and also has a shin injury. However, I expect him to be back for Saturday.

Where did you hear he was sick? I did read somewhere about him not going to last nights game because of illness but I figured that was just guesswork until news of the shin injury emerged. Is he confirmed ill?

roryc wrote: »
    Where did you hear he was sick? I did read somewhere about him not going to last nights game because of illness but I figured that was just guesswork until news of the shin injury emerged. Is he confirmed ill?

Just going with what was said during the game. Seems a bit odd to say he was sick if it was something as minor as a kick to the shin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Perhaps the commentator was referring to the grannygate story:pac:

I've already got me coat:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Sick of getting kicks to the shin maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

No harm for Rooney, he'll get a bit of a rest which was needed as he looked tired against West Brom. Should be raring to go this weekend.

Rooney will be fine.
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd

David Moyes confirms "Wayne will be okay for Saturday" after clashing shins with Danny Welbeck in training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Giroud, Rooney or Sturridge out for Suarez.

This is actually the most difficult decision for me so far this year:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭8-10

moreau wrote: »

This is actually the most difficult decision for me so far this year:(

Sturridge. Long term it's the better option.

moreau wrote: »

This is actually the most difficult decision so far this year:(

if any of them, Sturridge.

but i'd be tempted not do any transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mirallas is 50% apparently. Looking at a 4 point hit. The very obvious choice is Ramsey or Barkley who are playing WBA and Chelsea respectively.

It will the the 3rd week in a row Ill be taking a hit.

Any other suggestions?

gimmick wrote: »
    Mirallas is 50% apparently. Looking at a 4 point hit. The very obvious choice is Ramsey or Barkley who are playing WBA and Chelsea respectively.

Any other suggestions?

I've gone for Ramsey to stop falling behind in that part of my team.

Pablo Hernandez back in training though he'll miss tonight's match. Hoping he'll return on Sunday against Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

gimmick wrote: »

Any other suggestions?

Ramsey and Barkley definitely the main options, Amalfitano might be an option, has started off really well for west brom. Sigurdson is doing well at the moment, but a lot of competition for places at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm going to rid myself of one of Collins, Whittaker or Ben Arfa.

It'll be an 8 point hit but I'm beyond caring at this stage. Hits make this game more interesting and I've had a good run even if I do fook up this year.

Team for the weekend is:

Mignolet
    Shaw Coleman Zabaleta
    Ben Arfa Ramsey Ozil Barkley
    Suarez Giroud Sturridge

Subs: Harper, Brady, Collins, Whittaker

I've a huge amount of cash in the bank. Can't remember how much but its around 5 million or something.

I'm thinking Whittaker to Terry or Dawson is the most sensible transfer?
    I'm still not sure if Collins has lost his place and, even if he has, he's 4.6 mil so if he drops I won't lose anything.

It'd also allow me to play 3-4-3 and not field Coleman against City.

Other options could be:

Barfa to Michu or any promising midfielder

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ramsey and Barkley definitely the main options, Amalfitano might be an option, has started off really well for west brom. Sigurdson is doing well at the moment, but a lot of competition for places at Spurs.

Barkley away to City so will be tough for Everton.

May wait until after international break to play wild card.

Need to get rid of Jones(Man U) Lamps and maybe Nolan and Berba

Want to bring in Sturridge and maybe Sigurdsson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm going to rid myself of one of Collins, Whittaker or Ben Arfa.

It'll be an 8 point hit but I'm beyond caring at this stage. Hits make this game more interesting and I've had a good run even if I do fook up this year.

Team for the weekend is:

Mignolet
    Shaw Coleman Zabaleta
    Ben Arfa Ramsey Ozil Barkley
    Suarez Giroud Sturridge

Subs: Harper, Brady, Collins, Whittaker

I've a huge amount of cash in the bank. Can't remember how much but its around 5 million or something.

I'm thinking Whittaker to Terry or Dawson is the most sensible transfer?
    I'm still not sure if Collins has lost his place and, even if he has, he's 4.6 mil so if he drops I won't lose anything.

It'd also allow me to play 3-4-3 and not field Coleman against City.

Other options could be:

Barfa to Michu or any promising midfielder

Opinions?

Would you consider Verthongen since you're so flush for money, absolutely guaranteed to play every week, great fixtures in a very mean defence to date(least shots conceded of any team) and a serious goalscoring threat that he hasn't even introduced yet this year, oh and a bonus point magnet. This is my thinking anyway, I'm putting him in this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Just done
    Mirallas > Ramsey
    Koren > Barkley

for another hit Mirrallas and Koren have cost me .6 mil since day one should have got rid weeks ago. Made 3 last week, should have just wildcarded then and fixed my team proper.

Advertisement