Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I see JBL calling him on commentary..

Now introducing Paddy Power from Temple Bar Dublin :P

"HE'S GHAT TAHT EYERISH TEMPER MAGGAL! WE FIGHT ON FRIDAY NAIGHTS! HAHAH"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

"HE'S GHAT TAHT EYERISH TEMPER MAGGAL! WE FIGHT ON FRIDAY NAIGHTS! HAHAH"

I really want this patter during Becky Lynch (far left of Adam Rose) matches to be honest.

1398438527731.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Becky can't debut soon enough. Waiting impatiently for a while now!

Becky can't debut soon enough. Waiting impatiently for a while now!

Wonder if she will be on Raw next Monday as a Rosebud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rovert wrote: »
    Wonder if she will be on Raw next Monday as a Rosebud.

Has she had many matches in NXT? I can't find any videos on Youtube.

• Advertisement

Has she had many matches in NXT? I can't find any videos on Youtube.

I think she has wrestled about 6 or so times on NXT live events. There's been a lot of second guessing on the gimmick she is being packaged with. The one video that came out was from a match in January against Bailey. She was going a heel Irish Dancer gimmick. Decked in all green, red hair and the skirt and came out to Hornswoggle style diddley eye music. She didn't do any of her technical wrestling or suplexes just kicks and stomps.

She was hurt February and March and there is still indecision on what her gimmick is so I guess they put her in the Rosebuds. But this weekend at a WWE live event they used local models/WWE staff/randomers as Rosebuds:
    https://t.co/P2I4x2lJGm

Guess we will have to wait and see on Monday. She could be the next Naomi or Cameron.

Oddly worded update posted by PWInsider that I am not sure how to read:
    The belief is that KENTA is heading to WWE but nothing will be announced before he finishes with NOAH out of respect to the promotion that put him on the map.

For those who have asked about Prince Devitt, he’s finished with New Japan and WWE has had a standing offer to him for some time, so it’s still within the realm of possibility. I was told it is not a “dead issue” yet.

A whole load Prince Devitt on the New Japan PPV this morning

His former tag partner when Devitt was a babyface struck his pose:
    Bms4iaiCYAAN-mb.jpg

The new leader of the Bullet Club hit Devitt's finisher The Bloody Sunday
    BmuMZO4CUAE408V.jpg

Karl Anderson the No.2 in the Bullet Club said that the Bullet Club "had to" fire Prince Devitt.

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If he does come back, they did a really good job writing him out so that he has a huge return angle ready and waiting.

If he does come back, they did a really good job writing him out so that he has a huge return angle ready and waiting.

:P

• Advertisement

If the Bullet Club were beating somebody down someday and You're The Best hit and Devitt ran to the ring and cleared house I'd go absolutely nuts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If the Bullet Club were beating somebody down someday and You're The Best hit and Devitt ran to the ring and cleared house I'd go absolutely nuts.

Ive actual never really watched any Japan stuff , but might start looking back over this whole Bullet Club thing

Ive actual never really watched any Japan stuff , but might start looking back over this whole Bullet Club thing

I need to advise you first.

The Bullet Club is American style NWO type faction. They have all the tropes - the uniform T-Shirt, hand signals, run ins, inference, babyface beatdowns etc. Most of this especially the run ins and inference is "new" in Japan where most matches are one cleanly in the middle of the ring and sportsmanship wins the day. Bullet Club's heat comes from beaking that norm.

This is an objective view rather than a subjective one. Devitt is the only cool member of the Bullet Club. The rest of the lads are rather cringey. They ape the NWO too much so it comes off desperate and second rate. They over do their taunts and don't know when to do it to get the best reaction. It just lads play acting.

Their inference often ruins matches completely from a match quality POV too rather than something that augments the overall match and drama. Also the Japanese referees don't seem to know how to not see the interference and stuff like that. So the heat can fall on the referee or New Japan rather than the heel in the ring or The Bullet Club.

This may sound like I being hyper critical up the issues with The Bullet Club are BIG and OBVIOUS. Also everyone without exception in the US and Europe thinks the same. Just the least subtle thing ever.

As fantastic as The Young Bucks are in ring, them doing the nWo and DX stuff is just the worst. The whole thing would die a horrible death in the US.

As fantastic as The Young Bucks are in ring, them doing the nWo and DX stuff is just the worst. The whole thing would die a horrible death in the US.

Yup. The are perfectly obnoxious heat machines without cosplaying either of those factions ENDLESSLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Heels do stuff that annoys you and makes you dislike them? I'm pretty sure that's the idea.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Heels do stuff that annoys you and makes you dislike them? I'm pretty sure that's the idea.

Way to not get what I clearly stated. It isn't getting them hated fans in Japanese are largely nonplussed by all the Americanised showmanship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He means it's more go away heat than actual heel heat.

For whatever it is worth:
    r9iyi8.jpg

On idea if the Tweet is real life or storyline. But I would imagine Styles likes Devitt. Both wrestle the same style and have many the same friends.

Thought this had escaped into the interwebs.

Adam Pearce, CM Punk and Prince Devitt at Allison Danger and Ares's wedding in 2008.

Bm0ViKYCIAA8Fs9.jpg

Ares was Antonio Cesaro's tag partner. Both moved to the US together.

Cesaro and CM Punk lived with Ares and Allison Danger. Allison Danger is also Steve Corino's sister.

Devitt is just drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

your face on the woman in the background makes this pic

Bm0cWGiIcAAdgT-.jpg

P.S. nothing the Observer about Fergus's future plans this week

Really nice message.

https://twitter.com/fergaldevitt/status/464498318585131009
    Thank you @njpw1972 for the most wonderful 8 years. I will never ever forget you. じゃあ...ありがとうございます #njpw

BnI6wj1IMAA8ydM.jpg

Devitt owes so much to New Japan for taking a chance on him. Getting out of Ireland/Europe would have been super hard without it. He seemed to struggle with getting a US Visa/Green Card. WWE and Johnny Ace were recruiting the Heidenreichs, TNA didn't have/weren't offering the money and in kind of a funny story Gabe Sapolsky saw nothing in him - someone who typically has a great eye of talent.

Even when New Japan's business was bad they kept him on consistently. They never lost faith him when he kept on getting injured during his first 18 months. They also pushed him John Cena level strong as Junior Heavyweight.

BnO6kWmCIAEvC4k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

What a worker.

TNA! TNA! TNA! :)

Josh Bodom defeated Prince Devitt for the RPW British Cruiserweight Championship last night.

Devitt only has one title left the Wrestling.Ie Championship which he will defend here:

ards-poster-devitt.jpg

On a different note the date of the show was changed from the 27th to the 28th due a half marathon going on in the town on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fergal and his mother;

BnXEaBiIIAAoDOL.jpg

What a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How great would it be if Devitt was dropping these titles just to fcuk with people. He returns to NJPW and then regains them all :D

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How great would it be if Devitt was dropping these titles just to fcuk with people. He returns to NJPW and then regains them all :D

*I am not a news source and my fallibility can range up to 100%*

Kind of sitting on this information for the past day or so out of embarrassment. I didn't check my personal email for nearly a week but someone emailed me who would know these things that Devitt's medical with WWE hadn't been completed as of last weekend. I don't know if this means he has failed or he is in progress of getting his paper work together as we speak or what though.

This can all be easily done between now and July though.

Advertisement