Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    *I am not a news source and my fallibility can range up to 100%*

Kind of sitting on this information for the past day or so out of embarrassment. I didn't check my personal email for nearly a week but someone emailed me who would know these things that Devitt's medical with WWE hadn't been completed as of last weekend. I don't know if this means he has failed or he is in progress of getting his paper work together as we speak or what though.

This can all be easily done between now and July though.

I'd have thought a medical would be done quite early. No point working out everything else if they fail the medical and make it all for nothing. I would have thought the medical is done very early and the Visa or whatever left to later on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Whatever is the case just noticed there was Prince Devitt has been Twitter followed by the new NXTers that started this week. Either he is on an internal list or New Japan is over with models and American Footballers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I was gonna ask earlier, is his elbow not ffd up?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I was gonna ask earlier, is his elbow not ffd up?

It is. Dave Meltzer said it was one of the reasons why Devitt turned heel (so he could do less high flying) and then said it was also the reason why he is going to WWE as the style there is less intense.

The most exposed his bad elbow has been was in his last New Japan match. As at 32:00 mark his stable mates attack him as Devitt requested them to go to the back as he wanted a clean match. Devitt turns babyface by doing his old signature dive to the outside and ripping off the black arm sleeves he took to wearing in the Bullet Club as a heel:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1mr3ck_njpw-invasion-attack-2014-part-2_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Preston City Wrestling uploaded a cool video of Devitt getting the bodypaint put on. I didn't realise it takes so long to be applied (and to come off).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Even Conchita thinks 2 hours and a half is overdoing it.

Bnd_nHACYAAxCxx.jpg
    I love bears #USA

WALLY%20WALK%20colour.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Vote McMahon. Get it?

4GVftB.jpg

I think that's around by the Tallaght bypass.

What is new about Devitt in the Observer this week is
    The expectation for the arrival of Fergal Devitt is the late summer, tentatively August.

Reported in the WWE section obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would he be put into NXT? Or will they throw him straight into the main roster?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would he be put into NXT? Or will they throw straight into the main roster?

Probably go to NXT to pick up WWE style wrestling, promos and TV work.

Probably go to NXT to pick up WWE style wrestling, promos and TV work.

What he said. Also there's a lot of soft skills involved in being a WWE Superstar from PR training, working with Charities, social media etiquette to WWE's Sports Entertainment Brain Washing Program. :p

J. Marston if you go back a zillion pages in the thread the story/idea came up that given his status in the business, how badly they want him and financial feasibility issue of him moving from Ireland to Florida they would have to pay him main roster money. If they are paying him main roster money they will probably want him on the main roster ASAP.

I gettit, he's training for his new contract and he's standing next to a train.... :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I gettit, he's training for his new contract and he's standing next to a train.... :p

or you put the last 2 Devitt picks together to get....

PxtQt3Q.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

He's signed with everyone this week :pac:

Bntgql3IUAAMeHt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

He's signed with everyone this week :pac:

So that means he'll be signing for Real Madrid in 2 years time so :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

of course thats what I meant with my above post :cool:
    WWE has come to terms with Fergal "Prince" Devitt, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The former IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion will report to WWE NXT in Florida once his work visa goes through.

He is expected to report to developmental in about 1-2 months, but he is signed.

Worst decision of his career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Why so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Can't see it hurting him too much now to be honest in his 30's money made having already had more success than he ever dreamed of,at the very worst he gets a nice US holiday and and can add a few quid to his booking price

You're so controversial.

ricero wrote: »
    Why so ?

He's going to waste his prime years in development when he could have been headlining in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

He's going to waste his prime years in development when he could have been headlining in Japan.
    I've said this multiple times. If NJPW had offered him even a sniff at the title in the next year he would have stayed. They didn't. Look at the reactions he has got in every indy he has wrestled. He is a natural babyface. Everyone loves him. He wanted to be a face, NJPW were probably like "but Bullet Club!" he always got a pop in the last year or two while wrestling in Japan. That says a lot about him. He would have gladly fought his faction and won the title as a face (or even competed for it). They obviously did not offer him that, hence he went elsewhere. Spending 2 months in NXT is by far and away the shortest ever since NXT became more a wrestling show than a competition. He'll be a big guy on the roster (maybe not Main event, but upper-upper mid card) plus the money. He made the right decision IMHO. I like you gnfnrhead (even though we don't always agree) but sometimes I do feel you are just looking for a reaction.

Very happy (I didn't give out duff info).

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I've said this multiple times. If NJPW had offered him even a sniff at the title in the next year he would have stayed. They didn't. Look at the reactions he has got in every indy he has wrestled. He is a natural babyface. Everyone loves him. He wanted to be a face, NJPW were probably like "but Bullet Club!" he always got a pop in the last year or two while wrestling in Japan. That says a lot about him. He would have gladly fought his faction and won the title as a face (or even competed for it). They obviously did not offer him that, hence he went elsewhere. Spending 2 months in NXT is by far and away the shortest ever since NXT became more a wrestling show than a competition. He'll be a big guy on the roster (maybe not Main event, but upper-upper mid card) plus the money. He made the right decision IMHO. I like you gnfnrhead (even though we don't always agree) but sometimes I do feel you are just looking for a reaction.

He has to report to development in 1-2 months. That doesnt mean he wont be stuck there for two or more years. Look at how long Seth Rollins was stuck there. The advantage Rollins had was he was a lot younger when signed. Sami Zayn was pretty much ready to go when he was signed. Still no sign of him now.

We have no idea what NJPW offered him either. Considering they came out and said they wanted him to stay, I'm guessing it was a very good offer. The way Devitt was written out and the Bullet Club winning the IWGP title just after is a perfect story for Devitt to return and take them down. He obviously wasnt interested.

As for looking for a reaction, I've said all along he should not sign with WWE right now. Five years ago? Go for it. He could afford to take the chance of spending a couple of years in development but he will be 33 by the time he starts in NXT. He only has a few years left at his peak and he is now going to waste them in development while hoping for a call up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If he has been signed to some form of developmental contract, I hope Devitt gets fast-tracked through the system. I understand why WWE would want to make sure somebody could make a fan connection either face or heel, which can delay it a bit. I may not like it, but I understand it.

He has to report to development in 1-2 months. That doesnt mean he wont be stuck there for two or more years. Look at how long Seth Rollins was stuck there. The advantage Rollins had was he was a lot younger when signed. Sami Zayn was pretty much ready to go when he was signed. Still no sign of him now.

In fairness Rollins was his own worst enemy in developmental. He spent the longest time not taking instruction from people who had his best interests. Zayn was better off not debuting the post-Wrestlemania call ups in my view.

You entitled to your opinion obviously but a few things. I don't think WWE would have signed him 5 years ago. The incline for shorter wrestlers is a lot less steeper. Devitt is a big boy and smart boy who has his eyes open and took his time thinking it over. He has better internal sponsership/advocacy of either Zayn or Rollins. It is probably the last Irish signing for a long time and a major accomplishment for Devitt. So at least try to enjoy it or be excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Look at him now.

Advertisement