Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is Devitt WWE calibre on the mic? Ive never see him work :(

As if he came to WWE, would he get lumped with a manager/stable?

It is an interesting questions with many qualifications. I do think he is coachable and good instincts ultimately. But

I don't think he has never delivered a scripted promo in his career.

He never embraced cutting promo like a lot of American based Indy Wrestlers who have their own Youtube channel. Never does he submit promos to indy promoters to hype up his matches.

Most of his promos have be cut in Japan towards a Japanese audience using basic language with no change in tone mid promo. His best work was as a heel shouting and swearing in ways Vince McMahon would think uncouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Loved when he shouts f'n dope.

In your hourly Devitt update. Meltzer said this morning New Japan still wants him, his WWE deal hasn't been finalised yet and TNA is making a major "final" play for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If the WWE want him to go to NXT before being called up to the main roster I think he would be better off staying in Japan and go into a fued with The Bullet Club.

Apollo 55 vs The Bullet Club I think would draw money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He'd be insane to go to TNA. Especially if WWE are interested.

• Advertisement

I think he would be better off on nxt every week rather than tna at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I think he would be better off on nxt every week rather than tna at this stage.

Yeah like even if he has a bit of an ego and doesn't think he needs to be "vetted" in NXT, its still a far better option than going to TNA.

Simply look how badly TNA has handled The American Wolves. Obviously the Wolves are American residents before joining TNA too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Stay in Japan, Fergal.

Would love to see him on NXT if Hunter is willing to book high workrate matches again a la Cesaro vs Generico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You have to look at this way as well at 32/33 can Devitt afford career wise & financial wise to spend a year or eighteen months learning the WWE way before getting called up.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Guys he is obviously going to be captain Regal's wild card pick in the wwe Ryder cup I'm fantasy booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I hope he takes the WWE offer if there is one even if it means time in NXT. At the end of the day, if he is as good as he thinks he is he won't be long down there anyways. Amazing wrestler, has charisma but promos definitely need work, gets away with it in Japan for obvious reasons. Worst case scenario, goes to WWE, doesn't work out, returns to Japan and makes more money presumably.

Bad Luck Fale (far right) posted this on instagram:

27272974bfa111e3b5420002c9e06470_8.jpg
    Gonna miss you @fergaldevitt #bulletclub #4Life

I hope he takes the WWE offer if there is one even if it means time in NXT. At the end of the day, if he is as good as he thinks he is he won't be long down there anyways. Amazing wrestler, has charisma but promos definitely need work, gets away with it in Japan for obvious reasons. Worst case scenario, goes to WWE, doesn't work out, returns to Japan and makes more money presumably.

Doesn't matter how good you are in WWE. Hero got released and Generico is stuck in development while Bo Dallas and Erick Rowan are on the main roster. No doubt about who is better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doesn't matter how good you are in WWE. Hero got released and Generico is stuck in development while Bo Dallas and Erick Rowan are on the main roster.

And Daniel Bryan is the WWE World heavyweight champion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Doesn't matter how good you are in WWE. Hero got released and Generico is stuck in development while Bo Dallas and Erick Rowan are on the main roster. No doubt about who is better there.
    Zayn will get called up during the summer no doubt about it. Both Bo and Bray were there longer than Generico. If Devitt does come to the WWE (and he will) he'll have it written in his contract he either goes straight to the main roster after learning the WWE way of doing things or he'll spend 2-3 months in NXT. He is probably the biggest free agent in the world at the moment, he has the power when it comes to where he goes hence he has leverage at the negotiating table.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yep

Bo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hero is gone because his attitude stunk. Look at Cesaro, complete opposite and look how he has grown. Generico isnt stuck in development, hes just waiting for the right time to go up IMO. No point in bringing him up, even if hes ready, just to get lost in the shuffle.

Ambrose, Cesaro, Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Generico, Dallas, Wyatt, Harper and others are teh future of the WWE and are all going in the right direction. Sure balls have been dropped in teh past in relation to talent for numerous reasons (Ziggler, Hart Smith, Sandow, Rhodes, Ryback) but not everyone can make it and be world champ. Some get chances and some dont, some succeed and some dont. Its just how it is and Im happy with the product at the current time even though its not perfect.

In relation to Bo, they are bringing up up for a different spot in the roster that Generico wouldnt suit. Sami Zayns time is gonna come in the next year. No need to rush, hes not needed on the main roster yet

Generico is NXT's top face. Bo is brilliant and Rowan plays his role of a henchman pretty well.

And Hero is flabbier than I am.

• Advertisement

A lot success in WWF is and was always due to luck as well as someone in power singing your praises. Being a great wrestler helps hugely but there are things you need in WWE to make it big that are outside of the control of Devitt. Things appear to be changing with Triple H now but they had no plan to give Bryan the belt at Wrestlemania.

Bryan was never intended to be champion. He was supposed to be feuding with Sheamus in a filler match. Had the yes chants not so popular, he'd be in a mid card feud. Refusing to see that is simply living in denial.
    mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Zayn will get called up during the summer no doubt about it.

Why wait?
    Both Bo and Bray were there longer than Generico.

What does that have to do with anything? If longevity was worthy of a reward Hardcore Holly would have been a multi time world champion.
    If Devitt does come to the WWE (and he will) he'll have it written in his contract he either goes straight to the main roster after learning the WWE way of doing things or he'll spend 2-3 months in NXT. He is probably the biggest free agent in the world at the moment, he has the power when it comes to where he goes hence he has leverage at the negotiating table.

WWE don't think like that. Why would they bend over backwards for a guy with almost no TV experience? AJ Styles is a bigger name, only a little older and with ten years of TV experience and they only offered him the basic development deal.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hero is gone because his attitude stunk. Look at Cesaro, complete opposite and look how he has grown. Generico isnt stuck in development, hes just waiting for the right time to go up IMO. No point in bringing him up, even if hes ready, just to get lost in the shuffle.

Hero got rejected and then busted his ass to get them to change their minds. Pretty much the opposite of having a bad attitude really.

Why wouldn't the same be said about Devitt? Waste his prime years in development? He would be getting basic development level pay when he could be making great money in Japan.
    Ambrose, Cesaro, Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Generico, Dallas, Wyatt, Harper and others are teh future of the WWE and are all going in the right direction. Sure balls have been dropped in teh past in relation to talent for numerous reasons (Ziggler, Hart Smith, Sandow, Rhodes, Ryback) but not everyone can make it and be world champ. Some get chances and some dont, some succeed and some dont. Its just how it is and Im happy with the product at the current time even though its not perfect.

The Shield have a big advantage over Devitt. They are a lot younger. They could afford to spend a couple of years in development. Devitt is already pushing mid 30's. He is in his prime and can't really afford to waste it in development because WWE want everyone signed just in case.

Not even going to touch mentioning Bo Dallas :pac:

Much like Bryan, Cesaro was never intended to be so big either. He was thrown into a filler team with Swagger just to give him something to do. He was floating around and generally doing nothing for months before hand.
    In relation to Bo, they are bringing up up for a different spot in the roster that Generico wouldnt suit. Sami Zayns time is gonna come in the next year. No need to rush, hes not needed on the main roster yet

I never said anything about spots. I said it doesn't matter how good you are, you're stuck in development until WWE want you. Rollins spent years in development when he was only lacking in mic skills when signed.
    Generico is NXT's top face. Bo is brilliant and Rowan plays his role of a henchman pretty well.

And Hero is flabbier than I am.

The role of a henchman can be played by anyone, but which is better? The guy who can play the role but sucks in the ring, or the guy who can play the role but is very good in the ring?

What does look have to do with it? I said it doesn't matter how good you are in WWE.

I'd argue look has a lot to do with it to be honest. Rowan if anything is a good example of this, as you said yourself he's not great in the ring but does his rle well and looks like he belongs in the Wyatt Family. Reigns looks like a superstar as does Rollins. Generico and Bryan are in great physical condition and are both great in-ring wrestlers. Hero is a good in-ring wrestler but looks like crap think everyone agrees on that.

Don't think Devitt's age plays against him at all really. He's not exactly a bad looking guy by any stretch and again in great condition plus an amazing in-ring performer. Hardy, HHH, Batista, Bryan and Sheamus were all 30 or over when they won their first World Heavyweight Championship. In fact I think Cena, Orton and Lesnar are the three exceptions in a long long time to win the belt whilst in their 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Spoiler? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You don't know the results of Mania?

It isn't a spoiler. Read the charter. The rule is Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'd feel for anyone who has had wrestlemania spoiled this week. With the mainstream news of the undertaker and ultimate warriors death, if you hadn't seen Mania and were trying your best to watch it at the earliest opportunity, lets say tonight, you would of seen spoilers eventually no matter how hard you tried to avoid it.

This has been announced:
    BlM-grFCEAAk_Og.jpg

IF Devitt is going to WWE this match is most likely on his bucket list. Zack Sabre Jr has been greatly influenced my the road Fergal paved, had the same trainer and are just friends in general.

The match has only happened once before and wasn't taped for their trainer Andre Baker's memorial show in 2011. It was scheduled in Scotland March 2013 but Devitt had to cancel due injury.

I'll never not recommend this match either:

The New Japan line ups for next tour are massively candyass:

tumblr_n0ydjsPq251sim5kmo1_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_n0ydjsPq251sim5kmo2_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_n0ydjsPq251sim5kmo3_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_n0ydjsPq251sim5kmo4_r1_250.gif

• Advertisement

Advertisement