Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Writing this up early as I think the price will drop.

Everton V United FA Cup Semi Final. Saturday 5:15

Man United WIN EVENS.

Just been confirmed that Barry is out for the rest of the Season. With Mori banned and Jags just coming back from Injury. Coleman doubtful. Our Back line looks horrific.

The pace of Martial and the likes could destroy us.

I see our back line being (If Fit)

Coleman Stones Jags Baines. Likely to be Oviedo - Besic - Stones - Baines.

After a thrashing by Liverpool showing no fight or desire shows the weakness of the Everton mentality. The players don't want to play and if they can't get up for a Derby well....

We're having the worst season in years. On horrific form and everything points to a United Win.

Can see United starting the game at 4/6. So I'm getting on early.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

the whole forum is gonna be on utd tomorrow (myself included)
    that's never a good sign :p

it looks like its gonna come easy to be fair and I'm tempted to do a lot more bets on it

Writing this up early as I think the price will drop.

Everton V United FA Cup Semi Final. Saturday 5:15

Man United WIN EVENS.

Just been confirmed that Barry is out for the rest of the Season. With Mori banned and Jags just coming back from Injury. Coleman doubtful. Our Back line looks horrific.

The pace of Martial and the likes could destroy us.

I see our back line being (If Fit)

Coleman Stones Jags Baines. Likely to be Oviedo - Besic - Stones - Baines.

After a thrashing by Liverpool showing no fight or desire shows the weakness of the Everton mentality. The players don't want to play and if they can't get up for a Derby well....

We're having the worst season in years. On horrific form and everything points to a United Win.

Can see United starting the game at 4/6. So I'm getting on early.

Boom. :)

Gents,

Think there is a bit of value in Man City to Qualify at 9/5 v Madrid.

Just saw reports that Benzema has a Hamstring injury( Condition to be confirmed) and also Ronaldo possibly with a torn muscle.

Think Price may go in once confirmed etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Newcastle to beat Palace at home (21/20, Victor and Hills) looks very, very nice to me.

Newcastle have had 3 good results in consecutive games drawing with Manchester City and Liverpool while they also beat Swansea the week before, bringing their total to 7 points from the last 9 available. In Palace they meet a side who have won once in the last 18 Premier League games, a run dating back to before Christmas. They will also have an FA Cup final on their mind and could be expected to lack a bit of effort, which is something that Newcastle certainly haven't lacked of late.

I also like them at to stay up. With the Palace game being followed by a trip to Villa park, it's likely that they will take 6 points and then face a Spurs team who will be deflated after coming up short on their title challenge on the last day of the season. 6 points might even be enough to stay up as it is but they could conceivable end up with 7-9.

Newcastle to beat Palace (21/20, Victor and Hills)
    Newcastle to stay up (3/1, Sky and 365)

• Advertisement

Going to update this post throughout the day with bets. Won't be around from about 1:30pm

Bets so far:

Borussia Mochengladbach(Yeh i spelt it wrong :P) goal for before 67min 5/6. I like this bet, have a decent record V Munich as spotted by a mate of mine but based on recent H2H results always seem to score.
    On Current form they haven't scored much away and Munich haven't conceded much in recent home games. But with Munich 1 eye on CL I like the look of this bet.

Real Sociedaed(Yeh I can't spell get over it :P ) I'm on +0.25 at 1.8, think they'll stick it up to Madrid. Benzema/Ronaldo both out, which is a massive loss.

I'm also on goal Sociedaed goal before 63rd minute.

Newcastle Win Evens - As per (Paully D)

Poor from myself.

Borussia score in 72nd minute :( Real S lose 0-1 bad day. Thanks Paulie D for Newc

I also think Stoke to win (11/5, Victor), DNB (5/4, 888/Uni/32Red) and Stoke DC (7/11, 888) are all worth considering too.

Sunderland are now a best priced 6/4 to win away from home in the Premier League today which is the shortest price I can ever remember them being away since the returned to the Premier League almost a decade ago. It's lunacy IMO.

A lot is being made of Stoke's injury list, but they have Walters back, Pieters is back from suspension, Shaqiri's fit and Arnautovic has a late fitness test so may well make it too.

As for the form, since January Stoke have played 8 home games and won 3. Those 3 wins have come against Norwich, Newcastle and Villa. Spot the pattern.

There's just no way on earth a side like Stoke should be those prices at home to a side outside the relegation zone on goal difference and who have 3 away wins all season.

There's money to be made on Stoke today IMO.

Paully D wrote: »
    Newcastle to beat Palace at home (21/20, Victor and Hills) looks very, very nice to me.

Newcastle have had 3 good results in consecutive games drawing with Manchester City and Liverpool while they also beat Swansea the week before, bringing their total to 7 points from the last 9 available. In Palace they meet a side who have won once in the last 18 Premier League games, a run dating back to before Christmas. They will also have an FA Cup final on their mind and could be expected to lack a bit of effort, which is something that Newcastle certainly haven't lacked of late.

I also like them at to stay up. With the Palace game being followed by a trip to Villa park, it's likely that they will take 6 points and then face a Spurs team who will be deflated after coming up short on their title challenge on the last day of the season. 6 points might even be enough to stay up as it is but they could conceivable end up with 7-9.

Newcastle to beat Palace (21/20, Victor and Hills)
    Newcastle to stay up (3/1, Sky and 365)

Newcastle a best priced 6/4 to stay up now and won today.

Taking Atletico to lift CL Trophy 11/10. Beat 2 of the best teams in the world to get to the final. Have a fantastic record against Real since they lost the CL final.Omen of whatever team knocked Pep out of Europe have gone on to win the CL last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I assumed Atletico would be favourites

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    longshot but overpriced imo....this market is top four without leicester

west ham top four 33s with betv..next best 20s and as short as 12s

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

20k4rhu.jpg

could do with spurs beating utd tomorrow which would make it interesting

run in...would want to be beating utd and at least drawing with leic
    17.04. 13:30
    Leicester
    West Ham
    20.04. 19:45
    West Ham
    Watford

30.04. 15:00
    West Brom
    West Ham

07.05. 15:00
    West Ham
    Swansea

10.05. 19:45
    West Ham
    Manchester United

15.05. 15:00
    Stoke City
    West Ham

utd home to villa,leic, bourne, palace, away to norwich spurs
    problem is west ham are drawing far too many games and it might not look a great bet but gonna risk a tenner on it

edit, good start with spurs beating utd...best at 22s now

apologies for being a dumbass :o

it's top four as opposed to the nonsense I posted then
    best at 11s now

arse beats city at the weekend and westham win their last three and im sorted, quite possible imo the way city played last night
    one of those at home to utd which will decide my fate but the way westham are playing I do think they'll win their last three

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

apologies for being a dumbass :o

it's top four as opposed to the nonsense I posted then
    best at 11s now

arse beats city at the weekend and westham win their last three and im sorted, quite possible imo the way city played last night
    one of those at home to utd which will decide my fate but the way westham are playing I do think they'll win their last three
    Followed you on this at 33 stuck a fiver on it and its starting to look like a great bet now.

Austria! wrote: »
    I assumed Atletico would be favourites

As did I Austria, which I why I think they'res good value there. I priced Atletico at 5/6 or less myself

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

As did I Austria, which I why I think they'res good value there. I priced Atletico at 5/6 or less myself

Well tbh I hope ye are all wrong and Real win as I have them outright at 5's. :p:p in saying that I do really like Atletico and I think they are a great team that will cause Real some major problems. Still, for my wallet, C'mon Real!!! :p:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Sevilla and Liverpool double -1 was a gimme tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

a624e8cd2931baf164b889b47f00fdff.png
    5adc09de52ec433967655287f8231775.png

Last round sunday afternoon, all matches to start at 13.30

Only 1 match where there is absolutely nothing at stake, ADO - Heerenveen.
    Although that is a bit debatable as there is always tv money at stake, the higher you finish, the more you get.

Cambuur - Excelsior > Excelsior can do with a win as they will avoid relegation play offs when they equal or better Willem II's result

ADO - Heerenveen > nothing match as said

Feyenoord - NEC > NEC still can qualify for EL play offs. Feyenoord 3rd no matter what and has group EL after winning the cup.

Graafschap - Ajax > Must win for Ajax, De Graafschap has relegation play offs to worry about and not much to worry about in this match apart from avoiding cards and injuries.

Groningen - Heracles Groningen in for EL play offs and will look at what happens at Feyenoord. Need to do the same or better as NEC and/or Vitesse to keep them behind them. Heracles is qualified for EL play offs and ant to keep Zwolle behind them for home advatage in the 2nd play off matches.

Roda - Willem II Must win for Willem II and even then they rely on Cambuur to get something from Excelsior. Relegation play offs likely as Roda are tough to beat at home.

Twente - Vitesse Must win for Vitesse but that is a lot to ask from them lately. Even a win is probably not enough as that would need both Groningen and NEC to lose

Utrecht - Alkmaar Utrecht must win by at least 2 goals difference in orer to overtake AZ and avoid EL play offs but AZ in much better shape lately and Utrecht still struggling with injuries. Had the cup final last week where they were shockingly bad. AZ will probably score a couple too.

Zwolle - PSV Zwolle needs something here to be 100% sure of EL play offs. PSV obviously need a big win, 6 goals behind Ajax still. Zwolle might get something here actually.

8e9e122845fb737a2b6494022d8d5972.png

For now.

Will do some more once i have seen injuries/suspensions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

but the way westham are playing I do think they'll win their last three
    DANNY2014 wrote: »
    its starting to look like a great bet now.

Think we jinxed west ham 2 0 down to Swansea half time and utd won their game not looking so good now (.")

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Think we jinxed west ham 2 0 down to Swansea half time and utd won their game not looking so good now (.")

What sort of team did the Hammers put out, are they trying to avoid the dreaded Europa?

Fcuk
    that is all

inforfun wrote: »

8e9e122845fb737a2b6494022d8d5972.png

For now.

Will do some more once i have seen injuries/suspensions

**** NEC.
    Rest was easy enough apart from PSV having 6 corners at HT and managed to finish with 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This hasnt been used recently...

Tmoro morning, 2nd last round of korean champs. Jeonbuk and seoul are level, with jeonbuk top on gd, both at home
    Jeonbuk are at home to an army team that have lost half their players after their service ended, seoul at home to jeonnam who got spanked 5-0 by jeonbuk at the weekend.
    Jeonbuk and seoul are basically the only 2 teams with anything left to play for, and meet in the last round, winner takes all on sunday, so neither will back off in these games.

Jeonbuk/seoul double @2.0
    Jeonbuk -1 /seoul -1 ah double @2.8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

retalivity wrote: »
    This hasnt been used recently...

Tmoro morning, 2nd last round of korean champs. Jeonbuk and seoul are level, with jeonbuk top on gd, both at home
    Jeonbuk are at home to an army team that have lost half their players after their service ended, seoul at home to jeonnam who got spanked 5-0 by jeonbuk at the weekend.
    Jeonbuk and seoul are basically the only 2 teams with anything left to play for, and meet in the last round, winner takes all on sunday, so neither will back off in these games.

Jeonbuk/seoul double @2.0
    Jeonbuk -1 /seoul -1 ah double @2.8

Followed you on this but took -1 handicap double @4,one landed, fingers crossed for Seoul currently 2-0 up. Typical 2-1 just after I post!

Jeonbuk win 4-1, seoul win 2-1.

One double wins, other half-wins.

Will be on Btts and overs for the match between them on sunday, if prices are decent

And i went for the -1.5 AH double. greedy **** that i am

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

retalivity wrote: »
    Jeonbuk win 4-1, seoul win 2-1.

One double wins, other half-wins.

Will be on Btts and overs for the match between them on sunday, if prices are decent

Thanks for the tip Retalivity, went with the sw for safety sake.

Following on from this...

Jeonbuk vs seoul, sun morn 6am irish time. Seoul win, they win the league, jeonbuk win or draw, they win the league.

Both teams are btts & overs kings, jeonbuk stats: 28/37 games btts, 24/37 overs, 21/37 both
    Seoul stats 25/37 btts, 24/37 overs, 22/37 both

They've played each other 5 times this season already in the league and afc champs league, 4/5 has seen btts and overs come in.

Btts 1.66
    Overs @1.75
    Both @2.1

Sizeable stake on btts & overs @2.1 myself, may return with a large stake on overs tomorrow night depending on funds

Seoul won 1-0....ffffuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Sorry for anyone that followed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Any tips for today's World Cup Qualifiers? Most games are fairly one sided which kind of rules out just wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Brondby 5/6 away to Odense. Brondby are 2nd in the league, Odense are 2nd last. Brondby's form away from home is only beaten by Copenhagens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I don't think there will be many goais in the United match tonight and I took the 11/10 under 2.5 with PP

Advertisement