Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Real 5/6 on the RT9? Over 5.5 cards at 8/11 isn't a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Portadown v Linfield
    Linfield 5/4

Lads Linfield are worth a bet against Portadown, Portadown resting players got cup final next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

magherakid wrote:
    Lads Linfield are worth a bet against Portadown, Portadown resting players got cup final next week

magherakid wrote:
    Portadown v Linfield Linfield 5/4

13/10 bv

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Portadown v Linfield
    Linfield 5/4

1-1 FT

useless sorry lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Real 5/6 on the RT9? Over 5.5 cards at 8/11 isn't a great price.

Most Corners @ 23/20 has me tempted . Celta best in the league for corners per game and 2nd for least conceeded.

Madrid 2nd for most per game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Easier to keep track of them these here I posted 1 up in daily bets thread but as some people might not see here is easier:
    HOW TO TAKE ADVTANGE OF PP OFFER:
    Everton V Sunderland

Tony Hibbert First Goal. 20 stake. Will get 2x5 in play free bets on the match. Only played 4 games this season and rumored to be out as well.

Chelsea V Liverpool

Oscar First Goal. 20 stake. Will get 2x5 in play free bets on the match. Out for the rest of the season.

Palace V United

Carrick First Goal. 20 stake. Will get 2x5 in play free bets on the match. Out for the rest of the season.

20 stakes will be refunded after the match has finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Easier to keep track of them these here I posted 1 up in daily bets thread but as some people might not see here is easier:

Everton V Sunderland

Tony Hibbert First Goal. 20 stake. Will get 2x5 in play free bets on the match. Only played 4 games this season and rumored to be out as well.

Chelsea V Liverpool

Oscar First Goal. 20 stake. Will get 2x5 in play free bets on the match. Out for the rest of the season.

Palace V United

Carrick First Goal. 20 stake. Will get 2x5 in play free bets on the match. Out for the rest of the season.

20 stakes will be refunded after the match has finished.

Think i read earlier carrick is out for the rest of the season

Edit-http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/May/Injury-update-on-Michael-Carrick,-Luke-Shaw-and-Jonny-Evans.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Shano is helping out with free bets.
    All 3 players are highly unlikely to start. So you get free inplaybet and assurance that your original bet will be returned.

My only issue is I tend to go for high odds in play given that the bet is free. I might be more sensible this time round.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Actually hoping hibbert starts and scores first now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Also, for anyone who's just opened a Bet365 account, I just backed Carrick as first goalscorer, and that counted towards the money I needed to put in to unlock the signup bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

One but last round of the Dutch eredivisie today

Some of you will be tempted to do all matches BTTS and or overs so lets see which matches to look out for as it come to teams actually fighting for something.

40311e9549a1cf7175ed64efdda378d1.png

Utrecht - Excelsior

Utrecht has nothing to play for while Excelsior could secure another season of Eredivisie when they grab a point or more if AZ beats NAC. Utrecht not having a great season, certainly not at home while Excelsior is having more fun away from home than at home.

Long list of absentees for Utrecht, including some defenders. Excelsior missing Bruins who has been great for them but also missed the last few matches already

With Excelsiors style of play i can see them score at least once while their defensive frailties.

BTTS i cant see fail. Excelsior DC @1.75 might be ok too.
    Taking Excelsior over 1,5 @2.2 myself

AZ - NAC

Must win game for both. Simple like that. AZ can still finish 3rd due to Feyenoord ****ing up royally the last 3 matches and NAC still can avoid relegation play offs with them 3 point behind Excelsior.
    If there is a match ruining your BTTS or or overs combo, my guess is it will be this one.
    Avoiding this one like the plague myself pre kick off. Might see what happens during play.

Az without without Gudelj (who is sold to Ajax) due to suspension. Nac also some injuries and suspensions but no one they will really miss.

Willem II - ADO

Nothing match but between 2 teams that are not too much of goal machines.
    No idea. Could end up with 8 goals or just 22 players who want to go on holidays.

GA Eagles - Heerenveen

Eagles still with a small chance to avoid relegation play offs but a team that scored 6 goals since the winter break will not score a lot against Heerenveen ll of a sudden.
    Heerenveen is rather care free for this match, only playing for which place the finish in the play off for EL.

Might go for Heerenveen over 1,5 @1.83
    At the other hand, if they score 2, it will most likely result in them winning that match (@2.3)
    Another one to be careful about as it comes to overs and btts.

Heerenveen player Larsson is a doubt and it would make sense to not risk him with the play offs around the corner. He will be missed if he doesnt start.
    Eagles not really missing players who can make or break a result.

Ajax - Cambuur

Cambuur still with a theoretical chance to get to EL play offs. Need a win for that. Might get something from a lacklustre Ajax whose season is over a while ago already. Still, wouldnt bet on that if i could use your money for it.
    Ajax without Klaassen and probably without Milik.

PSV - Heracles

Now here i can see a good few goals. but apparently i am not the only one as the line for decent odds is 4. Taking over 4,5 @2.5 as combo filler myself.
    PSV can break their own record of 17 wins in 1 season while Heracles isnt entirely safe yet for relegation play off. Although the world will sound turn the other way around than Heracles ending up there.

Could also be a very frustrating match this. Depay wants to become top scorer of the eredivisie. Nothing wrong with that ambition if it wasnt for the fact that his most realistic opponent for that is his team mate Luuk de jong who is 2 goals behind.
    Depay has been behaving like the eredivisie's own Christiano Ronaldo this season, brilliant at time but very selfish and frustrating for even his onw team at other times (missing 6 or 7 penalties is not good)

Groningen - Zwolle

Zwolle "needs" a point for EL play offs (Superior GD means they have that point more or less). Groningen beat them last week in the cup final and have EL
    Zwolle's trainer Ron Jans spent in total about 12 years at Groningen as player and later their trainer and is still very populair there.
    Everybody will understand it when Zwolle gets what they need today.
    H2H in Groningen is dodgy as **** though with 9 wins for Groningen, 3 draws and no win for Zwolle. But since the cup final is being played before the penultimate round of the league, the winner of the cup has lost their next match every time since 2011

Twente - Dordrecht

Misery at Twente continues. They have passed on a free EL qualification ticket based on fair play for the simple fact that they would be able to afford costs if they would turn out to have to play a bunch of nobodies from Farawaystan.
    That they were offered a "fair play" ticket is a contradiction in terminis seeing the way they financially cheated the league the last decade or so.

Dordrecht is down to play Jupiler league next season.

Both clubs have said they just want to go out and enjoy themselves in the last 2 matches.
    Could mean a lot. All i know is that normally you will see 5 or 6 players not back at Twente as they have to sell and sell cheap.
    Would only help them to get pay roll down as transfers sums are more likely eaten up by "investment" construction even their former chairman took part in.

Think i ll take very unrealistic over 1,5 goals @4.5 for Dordt for the fun of it.
    Them just scoring is @1.72

Feyenoord - Vitesse is tomorrow because the police had no time today for football in Rotterdam. They are on strike, maybe next time they should just disable the 17.000.000 speeding cameras as case of action. Would make more friends than having people to go tomorrow evening to Rotterdam from all over the country.

So after al lthat typing.... Just sort it out yourself :P

I got to the last line I was expecting epic tips. Iimagine my disappointment:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not that hard.... took a treble of Excelsior over 1,5/Dordrecht over 1,5 and PSV match over 4,5 > @25 or thereabouts.

Not that hard.... took a treble of Excelsior over 1,5/Dordrecht over 1,5 and PSV match over 4,5 > @25 or thereabouts.
    It is just that every match has a big "BUT" in my opinion.

So dont expect a "cant fail to win" tip

Anyone looking for PP free bets. Debuchy FGS €20

Verger said
    MATHIEU DEBUCHY
    Last Updated: May 07
    Speaking on May 7, ahead of the Swansea City game, Arsene Wenger said: "He is still out, he’s progressing but not available."
    Last Game - April 18, 2015:

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/team-news#jVdUlIBUm670CljZ.99

Arsenal squad
    Arsenal team to play Swansea: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud #AFCvSCFC

FGS Barca Montoya

Team is likely to be
    Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba; Rakitić, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suárez, Neymar.

PP - Adriano Correia who isn't likely to play , is preffered over Montoya.

Bet365 - Periera for Barca. He has no CL starts and 200mins in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,160 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Anyone follow MLS. DC united (2nd - 18pts) home to orlando (7th- 9 pts) @ evens seems like good value to me. Any thoughts? Only 10 in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Anyone follow MLS. DC united (2nd - 18pts) home to orlando (7th- 9 pts) @ evens seems like good value to me. Any thoughts? Only 10 in the league

11/10 bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Only 10 in the conference, theres 20 in the league and they all seem to play each other. Dc beat Orlando away last month, most of Orlando's good results are against lower placed teams.

Some reviews here

2-1 to DC United! :D

Back to the Chinese League with me!

Gungzhou Evergrande V Shanghai East Asia

2nd V 1st

Gungzhou Evergrande have had a tight run of schedule.

Since the start of this month they have already played 4 games the latest being on the 13th. Which will only be 2 days break before they face a Strong Shanghai side.

Shanghai on the other hand have had fixtures a little easier. 3 games this month with much nice breaks. There latest game was on the 12th giving them an extras day rest before this fixture.

I think with Gungzhou having so many fixtures in such a short period fatigue will set in. They lost there most recent game 2-1 away while Shanghai won theres.

These sides have only met 3 times. Shanghai havn't won any, and lost the last 2 5-0 and 1-0. But I'm not really focusing on the before fixtures.

Shanghai in their last 5 away games. Drew 2 Won 2. Lost 1. Havn't lost away since since mid March.
    Shanghai only 1 defeat away in last 11 games.

Prices I like the look of are :

Shanghai DC EVENS
    BTTS O2.5 EVENS
    Goal After 75:59 5/6 (Mostly due to thinking Gungzhou will be tired, but I may wait in play)
    Shanghai to Win Either Half 13/8

Already backed Shanghai DC and to win Either Half. Will see how the first 20-30 mins go for other bets.

Shano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Cheers for the write up Shano, will be keeping an eye to it myself.

Just to add something I spotted on betrush that might be of addition here. some Chinese poster threw up a savage tip on the FA cup game you mentioned on the 13th. Seems most of the main Guangzhou team did not travel (not even the manager) so they will be better rested than expected I think. the same could be true of Shanghai in saying that however but I have no access to anything on their FA cup lineup.

http://www.betrush.com/pick,Xinjiang_Tianshan___Guangzhou_Evergrande,107629.html

So...who should we bet on?

EDIT: never mind, I'm going with the Shanghai DC.

Not 100% sure pre game here Pope. Top of table game so could be very tight. I'll only move in play if I fancy something after seeing some rball.

Guangzhou have not been the same this season since Cannavaro became coach so Shanghai could well get some result here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Coral are 6/4 Gerrard to get man of the match against Palace. That price ain't gonna last and unless he slips or gets sent off, he's getting that in the last game at Anfield.

Prices I like the look of are :

Shanghai DC EVENS
    BTTS O2.5 EVENS
    Goal After 75:59 5/6 (Mostly due to thinking Gungzhou will be tired, but I may wait in play)
    Shanghai to Win Either Half 13/8

WIN
    LOSE
    WIN
    WIN

Only backed the two I stated earlier, didn't go near the others. Chuffed. Hopefully people got on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Followed you on Shanghai to win either half, good man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Took the DC, cheers shano!

Well in Shano! that 13/8 was great spot for a tight game like this

Cheers lads. Regret not backing The DC at 6/1 a few mins before they scored. 33/1 was the win so they scared a goal was possible.

Can't complain tho. Up a fair few this month. Finally pulling back from that horrific January/Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

1215 - NORWICH vs IPSWICH - sky sports 1
    bradley johnson - scored 15 goals in the league
    scored 12 of those goals at carrow road
    scored 2 goals in 2 of his last 3 at home
    scored in the last home match vs ipswich
    BRADLEY JOHNSON to score anytime - 10/3 at bet365

1245 - SOTON vs ASTON VILLA - bt sport 1
    christian benteke - scored 12 goals in the league scored 8 goals in his last 7 games
    CHRISTIAN BENTEKE to score anytime - 9/4 at stan james

3pm INVERNESS vs DUNDEE UTD
    edward ofere - scored all his 5 goals in last 6 games.
    scored in his last 3 home games scored vs todays opponents here at home 11 days ago

3pm - SPURS vs HULL
    harry kane - scored 20 goals in the leagues cored 9 of those goals at home since december kane hasnt gone 3 games in a row at home without netting scored in the reverse fixture against hull

5pm - INTER MILAN vs JUVENTUS - setanta ireland
    mauro icardi - 18 goals in serie A
    ( 2 behind tevez 1 behind toni )
    scored 11 of those 18 goals at home
    has scored 5 goals vs juventus and has netted every time hes played them

Advertisement