Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Bake Off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Ahem I love me some battenburg, It's a real treat and a test of baking skills, getting the shape and texture right is a b1tch most of the cake gets cut off and used for tirifle when I try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Does Biddy actually add anything to the show? She keeps saying 'yeah, yeah' every time Paul says something.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Does Biddy actually add anything to the show? She keeps saying 'yeah, yeah' every time Paul says something.

She said "who baked this cake" so far........

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Bye bye Dave I'd say

He has eaten it every week of his "whole life"........

Good luck with that....

• Advertisement

He's eaten it every week of his "whole life"........

Good luck with that....

:D dubious mothering skills there, battenberg from birth!

Good for Alex! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Enjoying is much more already than last year.

Not a bad first show, and well done to Hazel, hope to see more of you next week!

dee_mc wrote: »
    :D dubious mothering skills there, battenberg from birth!

I had loads of funny thoughts there dee with that quote, :D but suffice to say, God love him!....

Looking forward to next week's pastry and the craic! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

That feckin doorbell in the odlums ad is driving me mad. I keep thinking we have canvasers at the door.

Hazeler how does it feel watching the programme? Did it bring across the atmosphere in the tent?

cofy wrote: »
    That feckin doorbell in the odlums ad is driving me mad. I keep thinking we have canvasers at the door.

Me too
    And we don't even have a doorbell :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm married to hazeler, I'd be shouting for Treasa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hazobot

cofy wrote: »
    Hazeler how does it feel watching the programme? Did it bring across the atmosphere in the tent?

Watching the rest of the bakers was grand... Sure I might be in it next week!!

In all honesty though, it's a bit surreal! Such a fast turn around this year... Can't really believe it's on!

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm married to hazeler, I'd be shouting for Treasa!

:eek:

:D

I like a poster who lives on the edge.......

Ps...how much "almondy" pastry do you have to eat for practice purposes?....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

:eek:

:D

I like a poster who lives on the edge.......

Ps...how much "almondy" pastry do you have to eat for practice purposes?....:)

I'm ok with him backing Treasa, she's a scream!

On the "almondy" pastry, are you referring to marzipan? Because if you are... NONE. That stuff is rotten! :D

hazeler wrote: »
    I'm ok with him backing Treasa, she's a scream!

On the "almondy" pastry, are you referring to marzipan? Because if you are... NONE. That stuff is rotten! :D

Yip!........

I'm with you on that!

The "stuff" wedding cake nightmares used to made of!.......:pac:

Yip!........

I'm with you on that!

The "stuff" wedding cake nightmares used to made of!.......:pac:

My cake... just in case you all were thinking I didn't bake anything...

But 7th in battenburgs... I'll take that! Nasty marzipan!

That looks amazing, I am almost licking the screen:D:D

• Advertisement

It's beautiful! I made something similar last week, except my icing was just slapped on with a spatula :D

It's beautiful! I made something similar last week, except my icing was just slapped on with a spatula :D

Delish dee........:)

I'll have a cup of tea also thank you very much!.......:)

Ya that's my usual.. said I'd up the aul game for the bake off you know!! Thought Biddy and Paul would like that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

Just caught up now. Have to say that the standard is really good. Some nice characters in there too which should make for a good series. Chuffed we have a boardsie - Come on Hazel !!

Glad to see the plastic Ikea bowls are gone. Wish I could say the same for the judges. Sorry but I'm going to drive yiz mad every week repeating what I said all last year
    Oldums Catherine for female Judge
    Might take me a while to think of an Irish version of Paul Hollywood. Suggestions on a postcard please ........

Best of luck Hazel !!

PS. Battenburg is disgusting

jos28 wrote: »
    Just caught up now. Have to say that the standard is really good. Some nice characters in there too which should make for a good series. Chuffed we have a boardsie - Come on Hazel !!

Glad to see the plastic Ikea bowls are gone. Wish I could say the same for the judges. Sorry but I'm going to drive yiz mad every week repeating what I said all last year
    Oldums Catherine for female Judge
    Might take me a while to think of an Irish version of Paul Hollywood. Suggestions on a postcard please ........

Best of luck Hazel !!

PS. Battenburg is disgusting

Keep saying it Jos, someone might listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm going to call GSW and the 2 of us can go and rob a few election posters, put Catherine's face on them and put them up on the lamp posts all over Ballymount

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm going to call GSW and the 2 of us can go and rob a few election posters, put Catherine's face on them and put them up on the lamp posts all over Ballymount

And discuss this like two adults over a very nice cup of tea laced with **whatever** and make it all right.....;)

Why aren't we employed with TV3 jos??.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hopefully we'll see more of our fellow boardsie in the coming weeks!

Hazel's just finished on Live 95fm (sorry for late notice!). Hopefully there'll be a catch up (Joe Nash's show) - http://www.live95fm.ie/boxtube/

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll see more of our fellow boardsie in the coming weeks!

Hazel's just finished on Live 95fm (sorry for late notice!). Hopefully there'll be a catch up (Joe Nash's show) - http://www.live95fm.ie/boxtube/

They're going to Podcast it! My cake this morning was good... they liked it! Another cake ye didn't get to see! Ha... my luck eh!

Catherine should totally be a judge... then she'd have to leave her little Odlums number on TV3 and give it to me. I think I'd be great on there!

Plot, plot, plotting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just caught up there, really enjoyed it! Delighted we have another boardsie to root for, but for the whole show I was like "where's Hazel :confused:" :D It was the same last year though, it was weeks before we saw some of the contestants cos there's just too many at the start!

Advertisement