Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Bake Off

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

This is just an ad really............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I hope it was Lily's kids who did the icing on the nativity figures. :-)
    I've read her blog a bit, I don't see why they had her on GIBO, she hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, has no real training and she's not brilliant in front of the camera.

Ahhhh.....Louise is back doing the ads. She's a natural in front of the camera.

This is rubbish, I'm out....

Happy Christmas to all the Boardies! xxxgsw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

This is bollix. The whole show to make biscuits that kids in a creche would do.

BTW I made this last week, quick, easy, tasty and looks good.

http://eclecticrecipes.com/christmas-tree-pull-apart

Tom Kerridge had a Christmas special on Friday night, well worth looking at. Two Michelin stars and he doesn't even own a ruler.

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    This is bollix. The whole show to make biscuits that kids in a creche would do.

BTW I made this last week, quick, easy, tasty and looks good.

http://eclecticrecipes.com/christmas-tree-pull-apart

Tom Kerridge had a Christmas special on Friday night, well worth looking at. Two Michelin stars and he doesn't even own a ruler.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Red Kev wrote: »
    I hope it was Lily's kids who did the icing on the nativity figures. :-)
    I've read her blog a bit, I don't see why they had her on GIBO, she hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, has no real training and she's not brilliant in front of the camera.

Ahhhh.....Louise is back doing the ads. She's a natural in front of the camera.

Hopefully Louise for the next series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I must say I found the Christmas Bake Off Special rather boring. Nothing very Special about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Eyepatch wrote: »
    I must say I found the Christmas Bake Off Special rather boring. Nothing very Special about it!

I glanced in and out of it, loada crap!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was one giant ad. Waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The 'special' was so grim! And you just know it was filmed in August or something, those carol singing kids looked totally nonplussed!
    I know the bakers were supposed to have a low skill level but come on, that challenge wasn't challenging enough for a group of toddlers never mind for grown adults. Surely some sort of cake would have made for more entertaining viewing, rather than having 4 people doing exactly the same thing with the most basic recipe since beans on toast.
    I watched it all but only because I was too lazy to change the channel :P

The "celebrity contestants" were just messing around. An insult to our intelligence!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just watching Lords & Ladles on RTE. Catherine Fulvio is fabulous. I really think she would make a marvelous judge on the Bake Off.

I find her manner irritating. I don't think I would be able to stand her as a judge.

I find her manner irritating. I don't think I would be able to stand her as a judge.

She's very effusive. I find her a bit much, all comes off as insincere. Saying that, some of her recipes are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The Christmas edition obviously filmed in the summer. Looks about 25 degrees and all the trees in the background in full bloom.

Cazale wrote:
    The Christmas edition obviously filmed in the summer. Looks about 25 degrees and all the trees in the background in full bloom.

Are you talking about the GBBO special or was there an Irish one I didn't hear about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

dee_mc wrote:
    Are you talking about the GBBO special or was there an Irish one I didn't hear about?

Irish one was on tv3 this morning with Mondo out of fair city, Lucy Kennedy, Martin King and some blonde singer I can't remember name of.

Is she a girl that was in panto with the Mondo lad? If so, I'm pretty sure I saw it before. Cheers for the reply!

• Advertisement
Advertisement