Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Apparently he didn't show up for walk throughs and didn't give any notice, hence not travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Apparently he didn't show up for walk throughs and didn't give any notice, hence not travelling.

The guy is a disaster and probably a bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There must be an attitude problem there along with his poor play. I think every draftnik has him as a superstar in the NFL.

Anyways the Colts haven't done too badly, they are in an AFC Championship game tonight so the trade hasn't hurt them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It seems his mother died which is why he didnt turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Syferus wrote: »
    The more you look at it the more bizarre a time it was for the Browns to stock up on draft picks. There's a nest of QBs around the same level and the home run play, Manziel, isn't even likely to be the first one off the board. The Browns have put themselves in a position to vastly over-pay for someone.
    Syferus wrote: »
    Love Trent's attitude. He'll make it with time and a lot of voices here will go silent when that happens.

Good reread this thread is!! Buying into SEC hype is a sure fire way to make bad predictions as far as players in the NFL are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

See what happens when you leave your leading rusher at home for the Championship game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good reread this thread is!! Buying into SEC hype is a sure fire way to make bad predictions as far as players in the NFL are concerned.
    kryogen wrote: »
    See what happens when you leave your leading rusher at home for the Championship game

jesus the captain hindsights are out in force :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

So his mother didn't die. It was a twitter joke that was misinterpreted and everyone ran with.

nerd69 wrote: »

I'm many things, but I'm not Captain Hindsight as far as this thread is concerned!!

More like Captain Foresight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

nerd69 wrote: »

Your sarcasm detector may be a little bit off my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So his mother didn't die. It was a twitter joke that was misinterpreted and everyone ran with.

****ing damn twitter, i hate this type of ****

****ing damn twitter, i hate this type of ****

And even if it were true, it would still be bizarre. We've all had family emergencies / deaths that meant we couldn't make it into work I'm sure. And I'm sure we all contacted our boss about same.

It appears Trent feels 'entitled' to success in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'm fairly disappointed by T-Rich. I thought he was a surefire success with his build and speed. It's fairly sad for the guy that he has gone from being a future franchise piece to barely an afterthought in no time at all.

I was one of those who though the Colts got a great bit of business as he had shown potential in his rookie year, even allowing for the lower YPC and injuries.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-02-23/colts-trent-richardson-dispute-suspension-pregnant-girlfriend-perception-contract-void

Situation is getting quite ugly. The Colts clearly want rid of him and there seems to be a PR battle being waged via the media muddying the waters over why he has received a suspension and what the next move by the Colts will be. A suspension seems to give the Colts the legal right to void the remainder of his contract, but it is looking more and more like it will be judged a classless move. Colts staff were playing coy during the combine when asked about the subject.

If he was cut I wonder whether he'd be picked up? I suppose he'd get a shot in camp somewhere on a vet min type deal with playing incentives but I'd be doubtful about his ability to make a final roster.

Next couple of weeks should be interesting anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-02-23/colts-trent-richardson-dispute-suspension-pregnant-girlfriend-perception-contract-void

Situation is getting quite ugly. The Colts clearly want rid of him and there seems to be a PR battle being waged via the media muddying the waters over why he has received a suspension and what the next move by the Colts will be. A suspension seems to give the Colts the legal right to void the remainder of his contract, but it is looking more and more like it will be judged a classless move. Colts staff were playing coy during the combine when asked about the subject.

If he was cut I wonder whether he'd be picked up? I suppose he'd get a shot in camp somewhere on a vet min type deal with playing incentives but I'd be doubtful about his ability to make a final roster.

Next couple of weeks should be interesting anyway...
    it is classless move to be fair. You gambled you lost then suspending himvwhen his gf nearly miscarries is utterly classless

it is classless move to be fair. You gambled you lost then suspending himvwhen his gf nearly miscarries is utterly classless

I don't disagree, but the NFL tends to be a classless / ruthless business. The level of class you receive from a Franchise tends to correalate with how good you are on the field. Richardson hasn't been very good to put it mildly.

Colts seem to have signed Frank Gore to a three year deal worth ~$12m. I expect the Colts will try and trade Richardson and cut him if they can't find a suitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Colts seem to have signed Frank Gore to a three year deal worth ~$12m. I expect the Colts will try and trade Richardson and cut him if they can't find a suitor.

As a Raiders fan I'd accept a trade that included Trent Richardson and the Colts 2nd round pick. I don't think their 3rd round pick would be enough for me to pull the trigger on it otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Nobody is trading for Richardson, he's getting cut.

Just been cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

A few sources saying the Titans are interested in Richardson

Sweet bloody mary jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

A few sources saying the Titans are interested in Richardson

Sweet bloody mary jesus

:) Titans will continue to be my 2nd team with Orakpo & Richardson, not quite Locker but not bad

What a disaster. :) Wonder if he'll make it through camp at wherever he lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Raiders have announced he has signed with them.

Paully D wrote: »
    Raiders have announced he has signed with them.

thank god it wasnt the titans

Well, they've nobody else on the roster worth a damn so he should be in a good position to win the starting job.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Murray looks good and they signed Helu I think? Both are exponentially better than T-Rich.

They've given him 4 mill I read. I'm starting to think Reggie wants out of a job.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Murray looks good and they signed Helu I think? Both are exponentially better than T-Rich.

They've given him 4 mill I read. I'm starting to think Reggie wants out of a job.

Murray looks okay. Let me put it another way: I can't think of many franchises weaker at the position as of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Murray looks okay. Let me put it another way: I can't think of many franchises weaker at the position as of today.
    Well McFadden "replaced" Murray with the Cowboys!!! :eek: Yeah we are pretty weak at the RB position.

Advertisement