Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 920 unlocked €260~ delivered @ Tesco UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Try TDX-7DXM

Thanks a million that code worked but I had a problem with checking out. Tesco would not accept the credit card because the billing address is in Ireland. Did anyone else have this problem and if you did how did you get around it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

As they don't ship to ROI, you'll have to bring it in via Parcel Motel & use their address as the billing address.

It'll also require tweaking your name on the checkout page to include your unique Parcel Motel ID

e.g. in the first name field : Joe Bloggs

in the surname field: PM12345 Parcel Motel

All sounds a bit convoluted, but it's really not.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    As they don't ship to ROI, you'll have to bring it in via Parcel Motel & use their address as the billing address.

It'll also require tweaking your name on the checkout page to include your unique Parcel Motel ID

e.g. in the first name field : Joe Bloggs

in the surname field: PM12345 Parcel Motel

All sounds a bit convoluted, but it's really not.

I see... I'll give it another shot tomorrow but i may well be back here with more questions. Thanks for all the help so far!

I ended up buying from amazon in the end. The white 920 came down to £230 there briefly yesterday with free shipping right to my doorstep. Looking forward to the new phone now!

Good stuff SD, great phone at that price.

Here's the vid & other links I used to effect the update to GDR3.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87811607&postcount=1284

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Etnies wrote: »
    Still don't no how anyone uses windows on their phone, the viber app for instance doesn't beep unless you have the app open.. And I believe this is a limitation of the OS as why would they make it this way.

Viber is working fine for me on Windows Phone 8. I never use it myself and I never have it open, but my kids ring me on it.

You must be doing something wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Never said it didn't work it does, it doesn't beep when I receive a message unless the app is open, even after they completely rebuilt the app recently. What phone do you have?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Never said it didn't work it does, it doesn't beep when I receive a message unless the app is open, even after they completely rebuilt the app recently. What phone do you have?

I've never had this problem (on a Lumia 920, and Lumia 1020). Viber "beeps" when a message is received, maybe you have changed your push notification setup so that it only pushes data when apps are open? (a question for a different thread I reckon)

I have an 820, which is mostly identical to a 920, apart from the inferior screen and camera

Honestly, the problem is at your end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

unkel wrote: »
    I have an 820, which is mostly identical to a 920, apart from the inferior screen and camera

Honestly, the problem is at your end!

I'm using the htc 8S, was wondering if it was just the os or the phone might post over the phone forums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭g0g

€ 229 delivered now on Simply Electronics. I know there are mixed opinions on them around the place as a seller, but I had no problems with the one item I ever ordered from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Anyone know if the prices will come down any more?

€275 for the black one is great in my opinion from Tesco, but the yellow one doesn't seem to be available anywhere for a reasonable price. Amazon Italy have it for €300 or so but that seems a lot to pay for yellow instead of black.

Do the prices on Amazon jump around much? Does anyone know anywhere else to buy these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Ive just bought this with tesco but when registering it wouldn't leave me enter numbers in the surname field for parcel motel number like others here have done..so l left it blank now i have emailed parcel motel customer services like others here have also done, and they have told me i need to have my PM number somewhere on the label..so looks like now ill have to cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ive just bought this with tesco but when registering it wouldn't leave me enter numbers in the surname field for parcel motel number like others here have done..so l left it blank now i have emailed parcel motel customer services like others here have also done, and they have told me i need to have my PM number somewhere on the label..so looks like now ill have to cancel it.
    I'd just tell parcel motel its already dispatched. They'll still be able to find out which parcel is yours as your name will be on it.

I had a parcel last year with no PMID number and it still arrived at my local parcel motel.
    Unless you have a very common name, it should be easy for PM to match it to your account. And the fact you have emailed them should be enough for them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You can put the number in the surname field when you are checking out and confirming the address, there's an option to edit beside the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Thanks but i ordered it already so its to late :(

Parcel motel said that when there is no PM number they will eventually track down where its to go..but the delivery will take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

shnaek wrote: »
    its locked to tesco uk, simfree for 220 Ł

devil-80 wrote: »
    its locked to tesco uk
    True, but I hear it is easy to unlock.

Finally got my 920 last week (second hand, unlocked for €150). Can I join this thread now? :)

Had the 820 for the last year or so and very impressed with the OS, always wanted the 920 but that was beyond my means...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Lumia 920 €250
    iPhone 5s €699

LOL :D

If you're ok with using Windows phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hoppy90

Hi lads, can somebody please advise me about this phone. I'm not one for doing too much fiddling on the phone but would like a relatively new model that can take pictures and access the net if needs be or for a browse. Is this model worth buying at the price or would putting an extra €50 or so get me a far better phone?

Also, can it be unlocked easily if I purchase it for £169 via parcel motel? Thanks very much

Hoppy90 wrote: »
    Hi lads, can somebody please advise me about this phone. I'm not one for doing too much fiddling on the phone but would like a relatively new model that can take pictures and access the net if needs be or for a browse. Is this model worth buying at the price or would putting an extra €50 or so get me a far better phone?

Also, can it be unlocked easily if I purchase it for £169 via parcel motel? Thanks very much
    I bought it for 169 and it is unlocked. Been using it the last week or so and so far it's great. Brilliant camera. Very fast. Great call quality. Not near as many apps as android or apple though, so that's a consideration.

Is this model worth buying at the price or would putting an extra €50 or so get me a far better phone?

Save your extra €50, the Lumia 920 represents serious value at that price.

Also, use TDX-HQ9T for a fiver off a first order with Tesco direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Had the 820 for the last year or so and very impressed with the OS, always wanted the 920 but that was beyond my means...

is it worth the upgrade - i've had the 820 for a while but at this price, the 920 unlocked is hard to resist...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hoppy90

My biggest concern is the windows set up, is that hard to get used to?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Anyone I know that has moved to Windows phone has been very impressed, tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Anything would be better than the Blackberry im currently using.

My biggest concern is the windows set up, is that hard to get used to?

No not at all. Your biggest concern should be the lack of apps, which, despite what people say, can be a real pain at times. Having said that, considering the price difference between windows phone devices and comparable android or iOS devices, I'd still go for windows phone. The OS itself is a pleasure to use.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    No not at all. Your biggest concern should be the lack of apps, which, despite what people say, can be a real pain at times. Having said that, considering the price difference between windows phone devices and comparable android or iOS devices, I'd still go for windows phone. The OS itself is a pleasure to use.

I'll second that. Very easy to use the windows OS, and it's very fast on the 920.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Bought!

Had been using a 520 (will probably end up on adverts) - was interested in the 920 when it came out but price was too high.

Have used the iPhone and Samsung galaxy notes - Samsung broke my heart (by breaking itself all the time) Windows is a pleasure to use after Android, very very few crashes. And going to Nokia is like coming home to my good old 3210 - very good call and sound quality.

Advertisement