Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 920 unlocked €260~ delivered @ Tesco UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

hi, is the phone open to any network? thanks

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

what's the story with the guarantee if I buy it from tesco uk ?
    Do i need to send it to the uk for repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Guess I should have read this thread again before ordering but this seemed to work anyway:

I added the PM code as my Surname, and my full name in the first name part...

Will find out how it goes in a few days I guess.

Worked out about €80 more expensive than replacing the screen that I broke after a year of constant use. Well pleased with the phone since I got it so no need to change imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

FatB wrote: »
    Guess I should have read this thread again before ordering but this seemed to work anyway:

I added the PM code as my Surname, and my full name in the first name part...

Will find out how it goes in a few days I guess.

Worked out about €80 more expensive than replacing the screen that I broke after a year of constant use. Well pleased with the phone since I got it so no need to change imo.

Report back if successful.

Really thinking of getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Is this deal still on? Page can't seem to load on mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Is this deal still on? Page can't seem to load on mobile.

Seems to be, link working fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GJU

Hi,

Any discount codes, can't seem to get that one to work (expired). How do I register my clubcard as my card is IRL registered.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

dtfo wrote: »
    Yes recieved mine yesterday. Tesco said it was due then and Parcel Motel had it ready to collect around 12

dtfo, How are you finding the lumia 920?

would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

What postcode should I use when registering with Tesco direct?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    What postcode should I use when registering with Tesco direct?

i used Parcel Motel there even tho it gave no option to put my PM ID in. I just emailed customer service at Parcel Motel to let them know that only my name was on it and to match it up with my PM ID

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i used Parcel Motel there even tho it gave no option to put my PM ID in. I just emailed customer service at Parcel Motel to let them know that only my name was on it and to match it up with my PM ID

Oh grand, i will most likely collect in Newry or Belfast anyway but the Tesco site was looking for a postcode for my address. I was going to use the code for their Newry store:)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

Code TDX-DV73 or TDXR-4TVN worth extra £5 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

people who used Parcel Motel and Tesco - did you use Nightline Logistics as the address? i don't get a Parcel Motel option ..

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

people who used Parcel Motel and Tesco - did you use Nightline Logistics as the address? i don't get a Parcel Motel option ..

in case anyone else wants to use Tesco Direct, i emailed Parcel Motel and they said the Nightline Logistics address is fine, so long as it has the PM number on it

I went ahead and ordered and put my first and surname in the first name field on the checkout page, and my PM number in the last name field

also i found a code for £10 off - TDX-FQ7W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

A quick google seems to suggest that that bunch are scam artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Hi guys im hoping ye can help me. I have been looking at this phone now for a while and finally decided today to buy it. Im running into a few problems on the tesco site. Firstly people have mentioned putting their PM ID in as the surname. It wont allow me do that as it only accepts letters. Secondly it says that the processing of my (Irish) credit card failed. Am I doing somthing wrong?

Daniel112 wrote: »
    Hi guys im hoping ye can help me. I have been looking at this phone now for a while and finally decided today to buy it. Im running into a few problems on the tesco site. Firstly people have mentioned putting their PM ID in as the surname. It wont allow me do that as it only accepts letters. Secondly it says that the processing of my (Irish) credit card failed. Am I doing somthing wrong?

I bought this through parcel motel through my irish c/c. you may have read in previous posts that i forgot to put my PM ID on the order, this entailed a lot of annoying back and forth phone calls to parcelMotel but i got the phone eventually after a few days. If you can, just find some way of setting your acc up with the PMid somewhere.

apart from that, its a good phone. battery life is very poor though, and reception drops a lot tbh if in pocket, maybe needs a software update,still getting used to it tbh

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Daniel112 wrote: »
    Firstly people have mentioned putting their PM ID in as the surname. It wont allow me do that as it only accepts letters. Secondly it says that the processing of my (Irish) credit card failed. Am I doing somthing wrong?

Put your PM ID in the surname field, but do it alphabetically i.e. PMOneTwoThreeFourFive.

Not sure about the card issue tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

I bought this through parcel motel through my irish c/c. you may have read in previous posts that i forgot to put my PM ID on the order, this entailed a lot of annoying back and forth phone calls to parcelMotel but i got the phone eventually after a few days. If you can, just find some way of setting your acc up with the PMid somewhere.

apart from that, its a good phone. battery life is very poor though, and reception drops a lot tbh if in pocket, maybe needs a software update,still getting used to it tbh

Tom

Thanks for the reply! They do put your full name on the address label yes? I managed to add my PM ID as my surname afterall. When i created my account it only allowed me to use letters for the first and last name, but when you get to the confirmation page for purchasing the product you can edit your name and put in anything you want! :D As for the credit card, it was my bank blocking it due to suspicious activity. They rang not long after i posted :D So now hopefully it's on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭g0g

I see on HUKD you can now pick up black model <£200 STG with code.

Anyone know where the cheapest place to get one of these is at the moment? Preferably the white version please.

I've just had the yellow 920 delivered via Amazon Italy for €260 & am hugely impressed by the phone & WP8 OS thus far.

The black is showing £207 on Tesco direct, though the price jumps if brought to checkout.

£220 from tesco looks about the handiest at the moment (inclusive of 10GBP discount code)

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I've just had the yellow 920 delivered via Amazon Italy for €260 & am hugely impressed by the phone & WP8 OS thus far.

The black is showing £207 on Tesco direct, though the price jumps if brought to checkout.

£220 from tesco looks about the handiest at the moment (inclusive of 10GBP discount code)

Did you encounter any problems at all ordering from amazon Italy? How long did shipping take? Thanks.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Did you encounter any problems at all ordering from amazon Italy? How long did shipping take? Thanks.

Dispatched 19th & arrived by courier on the 25th.

The only issue is it will arrive with a 2-pin plug as standard, but that's easily remedied.

Prices appear to have spiked a bit on Amazon.it since, but one of the reasons I chose them over Tesco was the comparative ease of returns & the pro-active handling of customer concerns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Enjoy your new phone! I have an 820 since the start of the year (very similar to the 920, but far inferior screen and camera) and love the windows phone 8 OS. Make sure you get your phone patched up to version 8.0.10512.142 (update 3)

Thanks unkel.

I followed the instructional vid on WPCentral to update to GDR3 & it's a mercifully straightforward process. In fact that's really the essential appeal of the OS for me - it's simple and intuitive & as others have pointed out, there's a natural flow to navigating the whole shebang.

Only regret is not ditching Android sooner!

Any know of any discount codes that are still working if ordering from Tesco direct? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Still don't no how anyone uses windows on their phone, the viber app for instance doesn't beep unless you have the app open.. And I believe this is a limitation of the OS as why would they make it this way.

• Advertisement

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Any know of any discount codes that are still working if ordering from Tesco direct? Thanks in advance.

Try TDX-7DXM

Advertisement