Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average age of GTA players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

21. Got my dad to buy Vice city when it first came out whatever age is was then.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

82 years old here, i play the first one on the atari 2600 and love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

22 here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

39. My first foray into GTA was playing with my Matchbox cars when I was 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

28 And still Loving it. Althought i don't think i have ever completed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭dasdog

39. I remember playing Mazogs on the ZX81 when I was 6 or 7, b&w block graphics, no sound and 1k of RAM.

To me GTA III is still the game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

34 here. Not so depressed now after seeing a lot of the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

33 here.

Hoping to cram a few hours in before I pick up my wife and newborn son from the hospital tomorrow afternoon to bring them home.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Can't believe the amount of grown men playing and queuing for video games.

Stop playing with it, sew up the holes in your pockets and go out and get jobs ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Stop playing with it, sew up the holes in your pockets and go out and get jobs ffs.

Just because you don't want to spend money on one of the best games ever doesn't mean everyone else has to. There's no age limit on who can play GTA so why do you have a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A-Trak wrote: »
    33 here.

Hoping to cram a few hours in before I pick up my wife and newborn son from the hospital tomorrow afternoon to bring them home.:)

Can they not get a taxi?

Jeez.. talk about being inconsiderate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Walshey96 wrote: »
    Just because you don't want to spend money on one of the best games ever doesn't mean everyone else has to. There's no age limit on who can play GTA so why do you have a problem?

11360.PEGI_18.not.jpg

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Needs poll.
    I'm not gonna queue, I'm gonna be driving past my local Xtravision at 12.40 so I think I'll pop in for a look. What time will they stay open until btw? midnight to what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    11360.PEGI_18.not.jpg

:pac: :pac:

That escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

36 here and playing since GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

25 here. Still have the original game on my game shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

28. Played the original years ago. GTA London should be remade.

Worked a midnight launch years ago, never will I queue for one. I'm happy to wait a few extra days and stay awake all weekend on a rampage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

25. I've played and owned every GTA from the start right the way upto buying GTA V this morning,
    Considering I was only 8 when the first one came out I have to thank my older brother for introducing me to it!

Phenomenal how far they have come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

31 yo old man here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

33 here.

I ll buy that copy of you.
    Your gaming days are over after they come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Hoop66

47 years old, you young whippersnappers.

Been playing GTA since the original, been playing video games since Space Invaders on the Commodore PET. I learned to program BASIC so I could give myself infinite lives.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

31 year old. Played the top down games on a friends PC. Didnt get into it myself til GTAIII on PS2. That game is still the one that blew me away like no other. First night I got it turned into an unintended all nighter with 2 mates. Couldnt put it down til 7am! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

28 at the end of the month.

43 when I'll actually get to play the PC version :pac:

Have played all the GTA's, bar Chinatown, since the first demo I installed from a PC Live! disc. Ah, the memories..........GOURANGA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Didn't even have a pre-order. Went to buy some milk, queued on a whim, then a mate sent me a text giving me his pre-order as he couldn't make it since he had to fly out of the country this morning. Sorted. Just wish I didn't have to work today now.

I'll never forget convincing my mam to buy me the first game on PS1 by telling her that the 18's rating was coz it was a racing game and you could run over cows and rabbits. LITTLE DID SHE KNOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

JoePie wrote: »

Didn't even have a pre-order. Went to buy some milk, queued on a whim, then a mate sent me a text giving me his pre-order as he couldn't make it since he had to fly out of the country this morning. Sorted. Just wish I didn't have to work today now.

I'll never forget convincing my mam to buy me the first game on PS1 by telling her that the 18's rating was coz it was a racing game and you could run over cows and rabbits. LITTLE DID SHE KNOW.

Lies make baby Jesus cry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

33 here.

Nice to see someone who has their priorities right!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

23. I remember free-roaming GTA III at my cousin's house when I was younger (9-10) and it got me hooked. Completed VC, SA, and then went back and finished III. Also finished IV when it came out. Won't have access to this until the end of the week...it'll be my most compromised GTA timewise yet which is a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Thomas2142

This might just be the wrong thread for you. :confused:

Advertisement