Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

anyone having trouble with getting the tanya mission pulling one last favour to show up,been waiting ages for it but never seems to appear.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ronoc 1 wrote: »
    anyone having trouble with getting the tanya mission pulling one last favour to show up,been waiting ages for it but never seems to appear.

I assume you've called her?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Soby wrote: »

It says its incompatible with my S2 running 4.0.3, but I've downloaded the APK manually and it installs fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

yea just get answering machine.so frustrating its my last strangers mission

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

mutley18 wrote: »
    Is it possible to use that James Bond type car with the spikes and machine guns outside of them 2 missions? Can I buy it or steal it from somewhere?

You can buy it from one of the car websites, but it's de-activated :mad:

I'm stuill driving around in it in a white tuxedo though...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Anyway you can start the bounty hunter missions? I unlocked them in the game but never completed any of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Floppybits wrote: »
    Anyway you can start the bounty hunter missions? I unlocked them in the game but never completed any of them?

By unlocked, do you mean you met with Maude. If yes, you will need to find the first bail jumper:

He will be in the centre of the quarry next to a car.

As soo as you apprehend him and bring him back to Maude, she will ring with three more, one at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Fair play to the LSPD. I picked up a guy in my taxi in the middle of Blaine County, was taking him along a dirt road to his drop off, crashed off the road and got beached, decided it was kinder to kill the passenger rather than let him in the middle of nowhere, so shot him once with a silence pistol. Almost instantly sirens started blaring in the distance. :rolleyes:

Funnily, when I was chasing a robber along a main road firing a SMG at his car and weaving in and out of traffic the cops didn't take an issue with it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gypsycrust

Rockstar have been so dependable with open world games, from Grand Theft Auto 3 all the way up to Red Dead Redemption. I hate to say it but GTA V is a disappointment. On the positive side the level of detail in the map design is very impressive. but if you judge the game by its gameplay, I think GTA V is the weakest in the serie

Story Missions

Grand theft Auto games have always had set piece missions. This can have the effect of making the game feel fresh and less repetitive by having the player do something different occasionally. In my opinion they completely got the balance wrong here. There is no consistency in gameplay from one mission to the next. The majority of the game ends up feeling like a long tutorial, crossed with an interactive movie, crossed with heavily scripted gameplay.

It is a shame that there is no option to disable the medal system on your first playthrough. When you completed a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV, there was a feeling of satisfaction when Nico took out his phone and rang up his contact. In GTA V you get a popup often giving you a bronze or silver rating for not completing the mission within constraints you were not aware of before you began.

In the story itself, I wish we spent a lot less time working for
    FIB

Did anyone else think the Strangers and Freaks quest lines had really abrupt endings?

Combat

For me this is the worst change Rockstar have made. In Grand theft auto IV as Nico, you progress through an area at your own pace taking out enemies and using cover. The combat style in GtA V is more about the player being stationary while an endless stream of enemies come at you from all angles. Rampage and Barry missions are specifically designed this way, fair enough, However, many of the main story missions were essentially Rampages.

I like to play using free aim because it feels more satisfying to line up your own shots. The Bang Bang Bang as quick as you can style of combat was clearly designed with aim assist in mind. I doubt Rockstar gave much thought to free aim players when creating GTA V. They just left it in as an option for people that wanted it.

Driving and Los Santos Custom impact on gameplay

I don't think the driving in GTA V is terrible. We get a sense of speed which is new for the series.
    I prefer the driving in GTA IV, it Was difficult at first but once you got the hang of it, it felt more rewarding. More importantly though, vehicles in GTA IV felt different from each other. I might want to drive a Comet sometimes, but it was also enjoyable to drive a Merit or a Sentinel. In GTA v a van is more or less a slower version of a sports car.

The ability to modify a vehicle's performance makes the problem even worse. The model of the car should determine its performance. Los Santos Customs should have been for aesthetic modifications only. If Rockstar really wanted to have car modding as part of the game they could have at least added the tracker, insurance and mechanic system.

For the majority of the game you are going to be driving a random car you found on the street. This means for the majority of the game you are going to be driving a car with stock engine, stock brakes, stock suspension and so on.

Random stuff

The lack of interiors: You can't even enter a Burger Shot.

Stealth stat: Pointless, You can't sneak into a restricted area and if you kill someone in the middle of nowhere you become wanted.

The Police: All aspects.

Music and humour on the radio: Not as good as previous games.

Property missions: Too easy to mess up. It brings back the having to go bowling with Roland thing too.

Motorcycles: They are fun to ride, but if you fall off, or hit an object while going 10 mph, Wasted.

Vehicle Impound: Having to retrieve temporary vehicles you never stored in your garage.

Owning Vehicles: There is no point. You will lose them if you take them to a mission start point, or to some random events and activities.

Being shot at while driving: You are pretty much defenseless against the AI.

GTA online on the other hand is much better even as a single player game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

in trevor trailer where he is kicking the foot down the toilet where is that in the game ive completed the story 3 time and still havent found it

in trevor trailer where he is kicking the foot down the toilet where is that in the game ive completed the story 3 time and still havent found it

Probably one of the random switch events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

So much space, so little to do. I'm about 20% in and disappointed so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I just finished this tonight with
    only Franklin and Michael left do i continue the game with just the two of them and is there another ending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

@mooseknuckle You should edit your post as it contains the biggest spoiler.

Or use spoiler tags.

I just finished this tonight with
    only Franklin and Michael left do i continue the game with just the two of them and is there another ending?

there's 3 endings:
    Kill Michael, Kill Trevor, or the 3rd, which is by far the best ending of all: the 3 characters go after all those that have pissed them off; Cheng and the Triads, Stretch and The Ballas, Haines and the cops, and then Devin, but just before that a big huge shootout at the foundry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

johndoe99 wrote: »
    there's 3 endings:
    Kill Michael, Kill Trevor, or the 3rd, which is by far the best ending of all: the 3 characters go after all those that have pissed them off; Cheng and the Triads, Stretch and The Ballas, Haines and the cops, and then Devin, but just before that a big huge shootout at the foundry.

Is there a way to go back and play that ending?

The Invisible Man.... aka Franklin and a Glitch

phone_zps50ae8531.jpg

Happened to me on 'Fresh Meat' last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Can anyone give a list of a few things to do in the main game to continue the experience?
    I've finished the story before the assassination missions so I've racked up a load of money via playing the stocks now.
    I unlocked the cult missions for Michael but having trouble finding the cars?
    Anything I could be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Brego888 wrote: »
    Can anyone give a list of a few things to do in the main game to continue the experience?
    I've finished the story before the assassination missions so I've racked up a load of money via playing the stocks now.

Just buy them from the website, you're loaded!

That works for all but two of them.

The declasse tornado - outside an auto repair shop in the ne city on a hill.Best I can remember.

The strange motorbike - outside the Life Invader office in the NW of the city

• Advertisement

assassination missions wtf is this

assassination missions wtf is this

The missions Lester sets for franklin

The missions Lester sets for franklin

oh yeah i forgot about that

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Just buy them from the website, you're loaded!

That works for all but two of them.

The declasse tornado - outside an auto repair shop in the ne city on a hill.Best I can remember.

The strange motorbike - outside the Life Invader office in the NW of the city

Cheers must look into those locations.
    Anything else I could be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Did you do all the stunt jumps and fly under all the bridges?

To be honest I would shelf it until the DLC comes out or you might be sick of it by then.

yeah go to the maze and start murdering cops theres a place up on the stairs that you can hold out in for a good while and its pretty good fun because the cops are like ninjas

yeah go to the maze and start murdering cops theres a place up on the stairs that you can hold out in for a good while and its pretty good fun because the cops are like ninjas

Stupid question but where's this maze?

just finished it for the second time, this time i did the second choice on the heist missions.

Stupid question but where's this maze?

its the place where micheal and trevor reunite after trevor finds out about brad its cool its a small maze but a cool maze but its up the stairs where you wanna be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Need to make a few extra bucks for Auld Michael.

Apart from the property payments weekly and robberies is there any way of making a huge killing??

Advertisement