Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Premiership 13/14 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Jesus, that's genuinely just horrible what Saracens are doing. Not in the spirit of rugby at all, even if it is Henson. Wish they'd take their corporate bull**** and feck off

Ditto, if Saracens are rugby's future include me out. I reckon Bath would be well within their rights to lodge a complaint and I'd be surprised if the RPA don't get involved..bloody souless 'franchise' in every sense of the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nick Wood gets eight weeks. Should be months rather than weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Nick Wood gets eight weeks. Should be months rather than weeks...

8 weeks? Jesus that's ridiculously light

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I suppose there's things to factor in there. He looked genuinely upset afterwards. I'm not so sure he could claim it was accidental as he seemed to be looking down at him, but when you watch it again in full speed Jacques head pops out of the ruck like a spring, it looked like he was rucking against the top of his back and his head popped out under the boot. The whole situation happened in a fraction of a second. His concern for Jacques safety afterwards would probably speak volumes also, you don't see that that often when a player's just been sent off. Presumably he pleaded guilty as well. 2 months is about right IMO.

.ak wrote: »
    2 months is about right IMO.

Totally agree, I was watching this live..it was the rugby equivalent of a brain-fart. The guy was genuinely distraught afterwards, apologised immediately and admitted his guilt. Factor in his clean record and 8 games sounds good to me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Prop with a fairly good discipline record in over 200 appearances for his side stamps on the head of a player that's on the ground. Winds up with 8 week ban. Common opinion is that it's very lenient. It's funny how perception works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Buer wrote: »
    Prop with a fairly good discipline record in over 200 appearances for his side stamps on the head of a player that's on the ground. Winds up with 8 week ban. Common opinion is that it's very lenient. It's funny how perception works!

Uh oh!

Uh oh!

I know, I know. Can open. Not my intention but it did strike me fairly immediately as a similar scenario and an interesting comparison.

You know you're on thomond2006's blocked list now, right?

.ak wrote: »
    You know you're on thomond2006's blocked list now, right?

I'd like to think I've been a permanent resident there since an early fishing expedition:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71419226&postcount=59

:D

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    I'd like to think I've been a permanent resident there since an early fishing expedition:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71419226&postcount=59

:D

Ha! Hook line and sinker.

.... Banned for trolling though.

:pac:

Yeah feckin' fell for that one.

But good to have you back on the forum Ger!

Jaysus even I wouldn't have fell for that Thomond! :D

Jaysus even I wouldn't have fell for that Thomond! :D

I was a zealot back then...

Nick Wood: "Absolutely gutted by my actions on Sunday. No way I would intentionally kick someone in the head."
    Apology followed by, denial?

Nick Wood: "Absolutely gutted by my actions on Sunday. No way I would intentionally kick someone in the head."

I could be sorry for hitting someone accidentally in my car.

I suppose it's a very rare player who sets out, deliberately and intentionally, to stamp on an opponents face prior to a game. There are almost always mitigating circumstances which occur in the heat of a match, (which in no way excuses the act), but they need to be considered in the cold light of day by the disciplinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Really good game on now between Gloucester and Northampton. Kahn has been pretty shocking. North looks up for it.

Trinder just knocked the ball on over the line, unforgivable.

Freddy Burns trying to do a Drico. Chips the ball over the defensive line and then catches the ball on the volley to chip it over Mylers head. Put it a bit too far ahead though.

Gloucester playing lovely rugby in parts. Northampton defending really well

George North just made an absolute amazing try out if nothing with 2 minutes left 6 points behind.

He's worth every penny.

• Advertisement

Hahaha ref has completely unfairly handed the game back to Gloucester and they won the game with a stoppage time penalty.

Alex King looks like you could fry an egg on his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Draaama

http://sport.bt.com/video-01363814401986?videoid=2684129715001

Dunno if BT have geoblocked this, but its that try from the game yesterday. Just brilliant from North to pull something like that out with 2 minutes left when you're down by 6 points. Never thought I'd see him do it below international level!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

http://sport.bt.com/video-01363814401986?videoid=2684129715001

Dunno if BT have geoblocked this, but its that try from the game yesterday. Just brilliant from North to pull something like that out with 2 minutes left when you're down by 6 points. Never thought I'd see him do it below international level!

It's blocked in my country, Ireland.

:(

Hopefully RugbyDump will put it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It's blocked in my country, Ireland.

:(

Hopefully RugbyDump will put it up.

Crap quality clip, great try though. The ref should be shot for the way the game ended.

Shaun Edwards doing a defensive session on BT right now in the studio. Its a bit mad but it's fascinating to hear what he has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

shuffol wrote: »

As bad as Henson is that is extremely disrepectful of Saracens and totally out of line with the ethos of what rugby is about. I hope Bath actually let him take a few kicks at goal just to punish them for their insolence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Shaun Edwards doing a defensive session on BT right now in the studio. Its a bit mad but it's fascinating to hear what he has to say

I only have Saorview, stop teasing me :pac::pac::pac:

The game is starting now.

Really hoping Henson plays well. Shaun Edwards was talking up his importance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Just watched the highlights of yesterday on BT sport. Looks like Tuilagi is back with a vengeance. I know that Newcastle need to go back to tackling school, but bloody hell, he was like a demolition ball!

Advertisement