Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I think it's awful that Sarah stark asks everyone at the sky cart about how rory is playing before getting into the chat about their own rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

Bit of a bore so far .

It was always going to be hard for anyone to get close enough to worry Rory. Would have been interesting to see Rory playing 18 with a 2 shot lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ridiculous length and accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It is just dawning on me - that if Rory keeps this up - Sunday evenings could be a bit like watching Steve Davis and Hendry in their wonder years.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk_DtCwjlWYZ4sx6MtTQuqA08BQJFz-hSS3ihYDsjPlCBuI4AY

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

364 feckin yards!!!

• Advertisement

Holy Christ that drive and iron from Rory is just mind boggling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

364 yard drive and not even wind assisted, crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

22 under now. On course to win more tournaments before 30 than any other non-USA golfer (sounds like a made up category).

Lead of 7 shots with 2 to play is incredible.

Rory stumbling along to a 7 shot lead. Almost too easy, well I guess it was.

Well done.

• Advertisement

WOW

Rory McIlroy now has 6 wins in last 19 worldwide starts. 12 top-5s, 15 top-10s in that same span.

He is nice to listen to - and a bit there. A bit of character.

Most top lads are total bores.

He is now very very comfortable. (lol he just said that)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very impressive victory

He is nice to listen to - and a bit there. A bit of character.

Most top lads are total bores.

He is now very very comfortable. (lol he just said that)

Tiger was robotic in interviews. Rory speaks off the cuff. Much more refreshing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

DellyBelly wrote:
    Watching golf in the 80s i never thought fhat another british golfer would beat his no of uspga wins but rory looks like he will smash it

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong, are you saying Rory is British??

*grabs popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

stockdam wrote: »
    Rory stumbling along to a 7 shot lead. Almost too easy, well I guess it was.

Well done.

Stumbling, that's exactly what I was thinking as I watch the procession, not pushed by Simpson made things easier for him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Drop the nationality debate or take a holiday.

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Please tell me I'm reading this wrong, are you saying Rory is British??

Even worse - I hear he has a Game Golf - a Loudmouth trousers fetish and leaves his pull trolley on the wrong side of the green when JP not around. Also hear when he is playing up North off tour - he feels good enough for Galvin Green and loves slow play and telling lads they have a good score going on the 9th. Some man for giving swing tips at the weekend 4 ball back at Holywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Even worse - I hear he has a Game Golf -

U didnt even realise I was using game golf yesterday until I told u :) leave game golf out a dis. See u didn't mention his excessive use of Bushnell and GPS watch :p wonder why :p...I jk btw :)

• Advertisement

On a side note.

Was looking at JP there thinking - isn't he a happy man these days.

"I got the golden ticket".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

HECK YEAH!!!! J.P is a rich caddy these days.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭moycullen14

aster99 wrote: »
    364 yard drive and not even wind assisted, crazy!!

That must be the most amazing hole I've ever seen played.

360 yard drive, wedge to 18 inches. tap in birdie and it's 510 yards. Holy God!:eek:

Played a monthly medal yesterday. Struggled hugely. If I could hit a 'free' PW after every drive, I'd be in Rory territory for distance. It just might make things just a little easier. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

He better make the cut at the Irish open!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Keano wrote: »
    Drop the nationality debate or take a holiday.

No probs I should have said European. I remember it was a big thing for any Golfer this side of the world to win a USPGA tour event in the 80's however nowadays it's a regular thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

For all the figures, the yardage, the club.. the swing... LOL Jave a look at Lee triviano and his untidy and what looked like erratic power swing. Then Seve... his short game rescued him time and again..

The magic is harnessing the talent, and using it to the best advantage.

Triviano v Jacklin... one, home grown, the other a purist....

Then add in the hours of practice and.. the age they start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

A nice touch with the "winning caddy" trophy... not sure if that is a new thing? It's funny how things go... this time last year, people were calling for JP's sacking and ridiculing Rory on his club change. :D

https://twitter.com/McIlroyRory/status/600101272088379392

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

This time last year Caroline was getting a text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He has to be the most honest ever at giving interviews, originally when he was a young chap i didnt like him because of the ryder cup coments but i changed my mind after hearing his interview after fooking up his masters lead a few years ago he was down right honest about what e did wrong and said he wouod fix it for the next major which of course he did, then when he is playing well like this weeknd he is not afraid to say how good it feels ect, hope he dont change that about himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

HighLine wrote: »
    A nice touch with the "winning caddy" trophy... not sure if that is a new thing? It's funny how things go... this time last year, people were calling for JP's sacking and ridiculing Rory on his club change. :D

I was having that very discussion on Saturday. This time last year he was ranked 10 in the world. Since then 7 wins; European PGA, The Open, WGC, PGA, Dubai, WGC Matchplay, Quail Hollow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement