Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dembele

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Like most of the team , he is now completely fit. He had injury and niggles last year. The back room staff have turned a lot of players into real players this season. And Dembele fit is a huge asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone else think there might be hope for this guy if Poch plays him in the advanced midfield role, shifts Eriksen aside and let's this guy run things behind Kane?

He played out of position yesterday, ended up on the right wing and did actually do an OK job.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Not a chance, he's fcuking hopeless. Offers nothing to the team, another joker. We need fellas who care, can you see him putting his body on the line for the club, no chance.

Guessing you didn't watch the Leicester game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wouldn't be taking Eriksen out, as he's still our most creative player. I'd like him in CM beside a DM, and allow him the freedom to get forward. I'm sick of us playing 2 DM in our games...way to defensive.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Guessing you didn't watch the Leicester game.

One decent game in 2 years, he's a hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    One decent game in 2 years, he's a hero

Absolutely. Best player we have at the moment.

You're being a bit ridiculous here. He looked interested, he played well.. Poch is starting him every game, we've got no midfielders so you'll just have to suck it up for a while.

If he does show a bit of desire and isn't played out of position he'll do a good job.

How's Townsend doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I think we need to play him at number 10 to get the best our of him. He was playing quite well last year especially at Liverpool away.

Absolutely. Best player we have at the moment.

You're being a bit ridiculous here. He looked interested, he played well.. Poch is starting him every game, we've got no midfielders so you'll just have to suck it up for a while.

If he does show a bit of desire and isn't played out of position he'll do a good job.

How's Townsend doing?

Hahaha nice one ... You could have at least looked for the Townsend thread 😄

Andros is injured... He hasn't fulfilled potential , I'd love him to do well, he's one of our own and try's hard, needs to improve though .. Which is what I have said before.

Dembele on the other hand doesn't give a fcuk and hasn't tried leg for a long time , don't let 1 decent game fool you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Have to say I like Dembele. He needs to be playing in CM with a DM behind him(Which we dont have at the min) and Eriksen in front of him.
    Dembele has the ability to hold onto the ball and run at defenders which cant be said for a lot of our players. He is strong and given game time will get the confidence that he used to have at Fulham when he was one of the best in the league in that position.

We got rid of Capoue and Stambouli but never replaced them and now we are stuck with Dier filling in the DM position. Dont get me wrong Dier has done well as cover but he should be playing CB instead of Vertonghen as he is gone to S***.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Dembele on fire

Might be the only world class performance we get from him this season so should document it here!

Played well on Saturday , long may it last

Is this the best spell of form from Dembele we've seen since Fulham?

Finally. Always had the ability just never quite looked bothered. Seems incredibly deter/ined these days.

Think he's looking for a new contract ergo his brilliant form. Just wonder whether it will continue after he gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Loving Dembele this season, he is finally looking the player he was at Fulham. Reason he hasn't is he had been played outta postition before and is now taking up that advanced role he enjoys. Hoping he keeps it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Think he's looking for a new contract ergo his brilliant form. Just wonder whether it will continue after he gets it.

Cynical. I hope you're wrong but you may be right, his contract is up soon then?

deco72 wrote: »
    Loving Dembele this season, he is finally looking the player he was at Fulham. Reason he hasn't is he had been played outta postition before and is now taking up that advanced role he enjoys. Hoping he keeps it up

Wasn't there a quote from him recently where he said he prefers central mid to attacking mid? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I kinda prefer him deeper. I know he's got 3 in 3 games but I think that's a freak occurrence. He doesn't usually have an accurate shot or a creative game. Prove me wrong Moussa.

Ormus wrote: »
    Wasn't there a quote from him recently where he said he prefers central mid to attacking mid? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I kinda prefer him deeper. I know he's got 3 in 3 games but I think that's a freak occurrence. He doesn't usually have an accurate shot or a creative game. Prove me wrong Moussa.

Dembele is a creative player. You dont remember his link up with Dempsey at Fulham? He was as creative as they come then.

Even now he's at the centre of our attacks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I prefer seeing him in the centre anyway. He is better then anyone else we have at getting the ball, and moving it forward. Doesn't have the killer pass that others may have, but when he's playing well, he's extremely effective at getting the attacking line up the pitch.

• Advertisement

Dembele is a creative player. You dont remember his link up with Dempsey at Fulham? He was as creative as they come then.

Even now he's at the centre of our attacks!

I know Fulham signed him as an attacker, but I thought he blossomed when he dropped back into midfield. He only scored 5 goals for Fulham in 2 seasons.

I know he's on a scoring run at the moment, but I think he'll frustrate more often than not in an attacking position.

He's played well for 3/4 weeks, no doubt he'll be back to his normal average self soon enough.

Ormus wrote: »
    I know Fulham signed him as an attacker, but I thought he blossomed when he dropped back into midfield. He only scored 5 goals for Fulham in 2 seasons.

I know he's on a scoring run at the moment, but I think he'll frustrate more often than not in an attacking position.

Creative players generally assist or assist the assister, or start the attack they aren't necessarily the goal scorer.

What was the hype around Modric then? He didn't score many goals for us yet was our creative engine.

He's played well for 3/4 weeks, no doubt he'll be back to his normal average self soon enough.

No doubt you'll be back moaning about him again too!

No doubt you'll be back moaning about him again too!

Only if it makes you happy handsome

Only if it makes you happy handsome

Shucks!

Creative players generally assist or assist the assister, or start the attack they aren't necessarily the goal scorer.

What was the hype around Modric then? He didn't score many goals for us yet was our creative engine.

I was just using the fact he scored 5 goals in two seasons to show that he wasn't playing in advanced position most of the time. I don't know how many assists he had, but he has very few for Spurs.

We'll just have to disagree about Dembele. He sometimes looks like a guy who could be creative, but his tendency is to pass sideways. When he's in form I like him as a player, but I don't expect much creativity from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

He is without a doubt, in my opinion, most effective playing alongside a sitting DM.

Thats where he offers the most. Getting the ball from the FB/CB, turning and beating a man to get us attacking.

However it has to be said that he stopped doing this last year when he was playing. Maybe hes bought into the managers ideas a bit more this year. And maybe pochettino has realised that when used correctly he offers us a massive advantage in the middle of the park.

Nabil who???

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

MrKingsley wrote: »
    He is without a doubt, in my opinion, most effective playing alongside a sitting DM.

Thats where he offers the most. Getting the ball from the FB/CB, turning and beating a man to get us attacking.

However it has to be said that he stopped doing this last year when he was playing. Maybe hes bought into the managers ideas a bit more this year. And maybe pochettino has realised that when used correctly he offers us a massive advantage in the middle of the park.

Nabil who???

I agree with you. Sandro - Mousa combination was deadly in AVB days until Sandro got injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Another good performance from him today.

Advertisement