Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dembele

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Possibly playing his best football since signing, must be reading this. keep it up and don't let me down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He would be my MOTM against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

tippspur wrote: »
    He would be my MOTM against Arsenal.

Only by default though, who else could you give it to?!:D

Very average since I started this thread, still has to prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

When was the last time in played 5 or 6 games on the trot. The chopping and changing under AVB and then sherwood did him no favours.

Poch is supposed to prefer a deep lying play maker. Not sure he's up to it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Where is this top midfielder we thought we had...another joker

What's his job, what's his role? what does he bring to the team. I don't think Poch (or AVB or TS ) know what to do with him.

Fast turning into Jenas v 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

What's his job, what's his role? what does he bring to the team. I don't think Poch (or AVB or TS ) know what to do with him.

Fast turning into Jenas v 2.0

Exact same with Sigurdsson, Dembele with Fulham was unplayable at times. He could ghost through a midfield.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Exact same with Sigurdsson, Dembele with Fulham was unplayable at times. He could ghost through a midfield.

So is it the managers fault?
    He has shown fcuk all in months and months now..gave the ball away something terrible today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hatch99 wrote: »
    So is it the managers fault?
    He has shown fcuk all in months and months now..gave the ball away something terrible today

I'm guessing his confidence is shot. Bit part for a couple years now.

What I find strange is that all these top quality players, who've performed very well for their previous clubs join Spurs and then turn to **** a few months later. Dembele completely ripped apart Man United right before joining Spurs. Did it again against them later that season with spurs and then fell away.

I dont understand it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

dembeles career is over at spurs i reckon

Another joker, get 8 or 9 million while we can in Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

slegs wrote: »

:D not bad, he's still been crap for the last 18 months or so...

Can't understand why so many talented players disappoint when they come to Tottenham. There must be some reason for it....is the night life in London absolutely unbelievable or something? The nightclubs must be packed with glamour models.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Can't understand why so many talented players disappoint when they come to Tottenham. There must be some reason for it....is the night life in London absolutely unbelievable or something? The nightclubs must be packed with glamour models.....

Doesn't happen with Chelsea / arsenal so it ain't the nightlife

Maybe they are not good enough?? They stand out at lower clubs where it's a good season to finish mid-table, but when they are expected to perform week in week out and challenge the big boys, they are shown up for what they are.

Dembele started well at Spurs, but as I said before he hasn't lived up to his potential. Some lads might still think he's one of the best midfielders in the league and a top top midfielder.. if he was that good, I think he'd be getting a game for us don't you?

I'd sell him..but Levy will probably want silly money for him.

Should be running games like tonight's...we shall see..

With Mason out and Bentaleb away he should get a run of games so let's hope he improves.

He was good in patches yesterday but that's the problem ... it was only in stops and starts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

At least he tries to push forward under Poch, not the sideways play we've seen lots of. I couldn't believe it when I saw him drop the head and run with the ball, the spark of confidence we saw long ago. I remember him dismantling the Utd midfield and was very excited when we signed him. There it's a very talented player in there, just needs the right direction

Dembele vs Man.Utd: http://youtu.be/4oJxmdxaUbc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭yiddo59

With Mason out and Bentaleb away he should get a run of games so let's hope he improves.

He was good in patches yesterday but that's the problem ... it was only in stops and starts.

Agreed Demebles problem is that he's very inconsistent. Reminds me of Jenas to the extent that you know there's a better player in there somewhere but can't be relied on week in week out.

Played well over the last week or so, would be great to have him back for the remainder of the season.

I hope he doesn't keep out Chadli. .. me fantasy football team is in tatters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I havent been Dembele's biggest fan but he has been really good playing in a more forward role. I think if he can become a little more direct he'll sart chipping in with a few goals and make a real diference. He could prove a real handful for liverpool now there are missing lucas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If I were him I'd be working on my shooting, always cuts back on his favored left. He's been creating 2-3 really good shooting chances for himself, certainly within the last few games.

Growing in confidence, no place to hide up top. He should relish playing tomorrow night against a good Liverpool side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This was written before the Arsenal game, some good observations - http://www.spursfanatic.com/blog/mousa-dembele-destructive-number-10/

He has done well the last couple of games, long may it last. He was the best player on the pitch a couple years ago when we went to anfield, another performance like that please

Hatch99 wrote:
    He has done well the last couple of games, long may it last. He was the best player on the pitch a couple years ago when we went to anfield, another performance like that please

Yeah. The ball stuck to him like glue that day even if the result didn't. .. (no thanks to Walker and BAE if memory serves me 5).

Vertogen scored too... might throw a fiver on him tomorrow night... he's due a goal.

• Advertisement

Yeah. The ball stuck to him like glue that day even if the result didn't. .. (no thanks to Walker and BAE if memory serves me 5).

Vertogen scored too... might throw a fiver on him tomorrow night... he's due a goal.

Yea mistakes all over the shop, Defoe too I think

Advertisement