Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dembele

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I'd like to see him start in an advanced position but as you said, unlikely to start after starting on Thursday. Sandro and Paulinho likely to get the shout. Paulinho needs to deliver!

Oh please not Paulinho, would rather see Dembele start even though he played Thursday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Oh please not Paulinho, would rather see Dembele start even though he played Thursday night.

Dembele does well against United, would like to see him no 10 to see how he copes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Dembele does well against United, would like to see him no 10 to see how he copes

I agree but unlikely to start as he started Thursday. On form, Siggy should be playing 10, he played well v Tromso and has goals in him..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I agree but unlikely to start as he started Thursday. On form, Siggy should be playing 10, he played well v Tromso and has goals in him..

Absolute waste playing him out on the wings.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Starts, stand up and show some balls

• Advertisement

Still not doing it for me, some saying he's a class player, one good performance in 6/7/8 games doesn't do it for me. Maybe the new manager will get more from him.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Still not doing it for me, some saying he's a class player, one good performance in 6/7/8 games doesn't do it for me. Maybe the new manager will get more from him.

Another reason I think AVB got the bullet, playing Dembele as a defensive midfielder and consistently playing Vertonghen out of position too. The Belgian contingent not happy.

Another reason I think AVB got the bullet, playing Dembele as a defensive midfielder and consistently playing Vertonghen out of position too. The Belgian contingent not happy.

But even when he played further forward, he rarely impressed. I agree on Vert but he had no other option. Naughton is not up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

I think he needs to be played in a forward midfield role, he is our best option for Central attacking midfielder until eriksen, lamella or whoever else wants to make the position there own comes to the front of the queue.

But even when he played further forward, he rarely impressed. I agree on Vert but he had no other option. Naughton is not up to it.

Fryers should have been blooded at left back in the Europa League. He's a natural left back. He should start tomorrow if Rose doesn't make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think Dembele has suffered in much the way Parker did last season under AVB. He's been played out of position and expected to do things not suited to his game. Parker may not be the player he was a couple of years ago but you don't go from player of the season to useless in the space of a few months.

Dembele is the closest player we have had since Modric who can put his foot on the ball and keep position when our midfield is under pressure. He'll be a pivotal player under the right manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He was wasted under AVB, I'd expect him to excel for the remainder of the season, class player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

like i always say he is our yaya toure!

Where was he tonight ?

Where was he tonight ?

Holding the midfield on his own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just don't see him magically getting great with a new manager. He had plenty of opportunities to get forward, even when in a defensive midfield position. He has some great games, and then just disappears for a few more. Obviously, i'd love him to succeed, but he's certainly not going to become the main man in midfield.

We still need someone like Modric or VDV, with a killer pass.

Holding the midfield on his own.

Not good enough for me mate , most of you think I'm being harsh, maybe I am, I just expect a lot more from him, doesn't have the heart to be top player for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Liverpool fan here - I have always loved Dembele, quality player on his day.

billy2012 wrote: »
    Liverpool fan here - I have always loved Dembele, quality player on his day.

On his day is not good enough though , should be producing much more often than he is

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Not good enough for me mate , most of you think I'm being harsh, maybe I am, I just expect a lot more from him, doesn't have the heart to be top player for me

He is the best we have there at the moment ,unless eriksen starts to play, paulinho is too defensive his instinct is always to pass sideways or back. Could Townsend play in that position??. We need a stop gap like Pirlo until maybe Tom Carroll fills the role.

• Advertisement

I say bullsh1t. He was tasked with covering too much of the park. Why aren't you giving out about Siggy? He was also supposed to be playing in midfield too..

I say bullsh1t. He was tasked with covering too much of the park. Why aren't you giving out about Siggy? He was also supposed to be playing in midfield too..

People don't go on about how good they think siggy is, dembele is called a quality player by plenty on here, siggy isn't, dembele is the topic, not siggy , he has been a disappointment for me.

Never scores, gives the ball away too often, one good game in 6, another middle of the road player

People don't go on about how good they think siggy is, dembele is called a quality player by plenty on here, siggy isn't, dembele is the topic, not siggy , he has been a disappointment for me.

Never scores, gives the ball away too often, one good game in 6, another middle of the road player

Fair enough but I can't single him out when the guy beside him (Siggy) is at nothing. Maybe not creating enough but he's being played as a defensive midfielder and in fairness to him he did make a few interceptions. Would you say the same about Sandro?

Fair enough but I can't single him out when the guy beside him (Siggy) is at nothing. Maybe not creating enough but he's being played as a defensive midfielder and in fairness to him he did make a few interceptions. Would you say the same about Sandro?

Sandro is a completely different type of player

Today was a good day ;)

Today was a good day ;)

Heard he played 90mins too!

Update: Mousa Dembele has been awared the man of the match by @SpursOfficial with 27% of the fans votes today.

Heard he played 90mins too!

Update: Mousa Dembele has been awared the man of the match by @SpursOfficial with 27% of the fans votes today.

Maybe he reads this and wants to prove me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

@HotspurRelated: Mousa Dembele had a shooting accuracy of 100% today and a passing accuracy of 97%. Man of the match. #THFC

What an absolutely ridiculous performance by moussa. Just need him to maintain that into Old Trafford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

irishmover wrote: »
    @HotspurRelated: Mousa Dembele had a shooting accuracy of 100% today and a passing accuracy of 97%. Man of the match. #THFC

What an absolutely ridiculous performance by moussa. Just need him to maintain that into Old Trafford!

He's had one of his best performances ever against Utd, I'll post this vid again as I love watching it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Dembele is quality in my opinion. He does lack consistency at times but one good game in six is way off, more like one bad game in 4.

If he can stay injury free and keep his confidence up he is among the best midfielders in the league.

Advertisement