Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Integrity Of The CCCC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

eire 2012 wrote: »
    Ah thanks for giving us your view mate your living up well to your username but you need to look again I'm afraid your eyes are letting you down .Honan dunted Shane o Neill first with the hurl yellow card offence then Shane o Neill proceeded to pull across his head a dangerous cowardly act red card and should be a two month ban.To compare the shefflin overturn to Horgans is fairly funny because the match was over kilkenny beaten out of the championship it was actually a further insult to kilkenny to overturn it.Horgans red was overturned so he would be free to play against kilkenny and it would be doubtful if cork would have won without him.It totally undermined James McGrath because he applied the rules and the gaa made a show of him for doing so

Ah you're not the first to comment on my username, you gas wisecracker you. Now if you can take off the bitter, sour black and amber specs, you will see that Honan smacked O'Neill to the front of his head with the hurley to which O'Neill responded by hitting Honan on the back of his head with his. Now, tell me where in the rule book one smack to the head is a yellow and another is a red. Is there a difference between the back and the front which warrants a different colour? Is it something like that you are getting at?

And you're complaining that Kilkenny didn't have a game after they got Shefflin's red turned over ? Now it was hardly Cork's fault is it? You should be blaming Kilkenny for that, who would have been beaten with or without the passenger that Shefflin was in Thurles. And a horrible irony from you about 'undermining James McGrath' considering the disgusting and scurrilous allegations about conspiracies and bias thrown at Barry Kelly by Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is there a video of the Honan incident as I was in line with it and I didn't see Honan strike O'Neil on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭eire 2012

Ah you're not the first to comment on my username, you gas wisecracker you. Now if you can take off the bitter, sour black and amber specs, you will see that Honan smacked O'Neill to the front of his head with the hurley to which O'Neill responded by hitting Honan on the back of his head with his. Now, tell me where in the rule book one smack to the head is a yellow and another is a red. Is there a difference between the back and the front which warrants a different colour? Is it something like that you are getting at?

And you're complaining that Kilkenny didn't have a game after they got Shefflin's red turned over ? Now it was hardly Cork's fault is it? You should be blaming Kilkenny for that, who would have been beaten with or without the passenger that Shefflin was in Thurles. And a horrible irony from you about 'undermining James McGrath' considering the disgusting and scurrilous allegations about conspiracies and bias thrown at Barry Kelly by Kilkenny.

Lets make it two reds then but to hit someone from behind is dangerous to say the least and should be dealt with accordingly.Well James McGrath still stands by his decision and what Barry Kelly done that day was seen by lots of people and commented on by many more it was a disgraceful performance.

Lets make it two reds then but to hit someone from behind is dangerous to say the least and should be dealt with accordingly.Well James McGrath still stands by his decision and what Barry Kelly done that day was seen by lots of people and commented on by many more it was a disgraceful performance.

Oh so now it's a red for Honan too? You were only campaigning for O'Neill's red when you started this thread. And is hitting someone in the front of the head safe, or is it just to the back of the head is dangerous? Barry Kelly didn't go running to the media like James McGrath did to tell his side of the story, but the "lots of people" from Kilkenny who vilified him are the only ones who should be ashamed of their "disgraceful performance".

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is there a video of the Honan incident as I was in line with it and I didn't see Honan strike O'Neil on the head.

The 'Honan incident' happened about one second before the 'O Neill incident' so if you find one you've found the other.

• Advertisement

Oh so now it's a red for Honan too? You were only campaigning for O'Neill's red when you started this thread. And is hitting someone in the front of the head safe, or is it just to the back of the head is dangerous? Barry Kelly didn't go running to the media like James McGrath did to tell his side of the story, but the "lots of people" from Kilkenny who vilified him are the only ones who should be ashamed of their "disgraceful performance".

Well if he struck him in the head it's a red the only incident highlighted was oneills strike.There was no story to tell a refs job is to be impartial and implement the rules of the game equally on both teams,this I'm afraid he did not do on the day so he had no story to tell it was clear he made a b****x of the game.

The 'Honan incident' happened about one second before the 'O Neill incident' so if you find one you've found the other.

I don't see Honan hitting O'neil on the head in a video I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

The reason people are asking when the 'Honan incident' occurred is that if you look at the 'O Neill incident' there is absolutely no evidence of any strike by Honan.

There is some jostling and Honan wraps O'Neill up and his hurl is across the front of O'Neill, but there is no strike. In fact Honan isn't even looking at O'Neill after the jostle which is certainly something you'd do it you hit someone awaiting their reaction.

Well if he struck him in the head it's a red the only incident highlighted was oneills strike.There was no story to tell a refs job is to be impartial and implement the rules of the game equally on both teams,this I'm afraid he did not do on the day so he had no story to tell it was clear he made a b****x of the game.

But, buddy, I've "highlighted" the Honan incident for you since you obviously rely on others to point out these things for you. Only then did you realise that 2 red card offences took place but your Kilkenny sourness only saw one (although I'll let you off with that as you concede that you need to have these things to be "highlighted" for you) .

And are you still maintaining that Barry Kelly was not "impartial" and did not "implement the rules of the game equally on both teams" ? I think Barry Kelly had a lot more important things on his mind over the last few months than devising ways of knocking Kilkenny out of the championship. Shame on you and all the other bitter Kilkenny conspiracy theorists, shame on you.

I don't see Honan hitting O'neil on the head in a video I have seen.

You didn't want to see it.

• Advertisement

But, buddy, I've "highlighted" the Honan incident for you since you obviously rely on others to point out these things for you. Only then did you realise that 2 red card offences took place but your Kilkenny sourness only saw one (although I'll let you off with that as you concede that you need to have these things to be "highlighted" for you) .

And are you still maintaining that Barry Kelly was not "impartial" and did not "implement the rules of the game equally on both teams" ? I think Barry Kelly had a lot more important things on his mind over the last few months than devising ways of knocking Kilkenny out of the championship. Shame on you and all the other bitter Kilkenny conspiracy theorists, shame on you.

Do you honestly think Honan should have been sent off. I don't see any stike by Honan and I don't see and flinch from O'Neil to say he was hit. Have you a better video of it because I just can't see it.

You didn't want to see it.

I did want to see it, that's why I asked you. I'm not involved in any bias ****e.

I fully agree re Barry Kelly and everything is put in perspective with the troubles the man is going through at the moment and I can tell you for certain everyone in kilkenny offer their condolences to the man and I for one am not mentioning him again in this thread.

On the other issue I still haven't seen a Honan strike but you are certain so it must be true and you would hardly be looking through red glasses now would you?

Annuv wrote: »
    The reason people are asking when the 'Honan incident' occurred is that if you look at the 'O Neill incident' there is absolutely no evidence of any strike by Honan.

There is some jostling and Honan wraps O'Neill up and his hurl is across the front of O'Neill, but there is no strike. In fact Honan isn't even looking at O'Neill after the jostle which is certainly something you'd do it you hit someone awaiting their reaction.

Christ on a bike!!!!! Just a bit of "jostling"?

Honan pulls across the face of O'Neill. Flakes his hurley off his puss. But under the Annuv definition of striking, he has to be looking at him in a certain way before it can considered striking and Honan's expression after he flakes O'Neill across the face has to be analysed. That's the most original attempt at a defence at striking a player in the head with a hurley that I have ever heard in my life.

Honan pulls across the face of O'Neill. Flakes his hurley off his puss. But under the Annuv definition of striking, he has to be looking at him in a certain way before it can considered striking and Honan's expression after he flakes O'Neill across the face has to be analysed. That's the most original attempt at a defence at striking a player in the head with a hurley that I have ever heard in my life.

I think your losing it man. Your seen **** that didnt even happen.

Do you honestly think Honan should have been sent off. I don't see any stike by Honan and I don't see and flinch from O'Neil to say he was hit. Have you a better video of it because I just can't see it.

Are you honestly telling me you couldn't see Honan flaking O'Neill across the face with his hurley ? And because O'Neill didn't hit the deck like some soccer cheat ( a la Honan) it couldn't have happened?

I think your losing it man. Your seen **** that didnt even happen.

There are none so blind........

Are you honestly telling me you couldn't see Honan flaking O'Neill across the face with his hurley ? And because O'Neill didn't hit the deck like some soccer cheat ( a la Honan) it couldn't have happened?

I have never seen anyone getting hit with a Hurley across the back of a head in a soccer game. That O'Neil is some man to get a Hurley flaked across his face and to not even flinch.

I have never seen anyone getting hit with a Hurley across the back of a head in a soccer game. That O'Neil is some man to get a Hurley flaked across his face and to not even flinch.

Well I don't follow boring sports like soccer very much, but I do know that they are not allowed to take the field with a hurley in their hands, but thanks anyway for your observations . If you knew anything about hurling, you'd know that it is not a game where falling on the ground and feigning injury are regarded as one of it's most important 'skills' and a player's "flinch" is so important.

Well I don't follow boring sports like soccer very much, but I do know that they are not allowed to take the field with a hurley in their hands, but thanks anyway for your observations . If you knew anything about hurling, you'd know that it is not a game where falling on the ground and feigning injury are regarded as one of it's most important 'skills' and a player's "flinch" is so important.

Ah you must be on a wind up. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Ah you must be on a wind up. Good luck.

A fella who tells us that he didn't see Honan flaking O'Neill across the face in the footage and the perceived reaction , or "flinch", or otherwise of O'Neill somehow 'proves' that most certainly is taking the mick. Back to the EPL soccer muck with you, boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

A fella who tells us that he didn't see Honan flaking O'Neill across the face in the footage and the perceived reaction , or "flinch", or otherwise of O'Neill somehow 'proves' that most certainly is taking the mick. Back to the EPL soccer muck with you, boy.

Please post up this footage you keep going on about

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Please post up this footage you keep going on about

Look at the RTE website, pal, you'll find it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Look at the RTE website, pal, you'll find it there.

you trying to see something that wasn't there....

Ace2007 wrote: »
    you trying to see something that wasn't there....

Yeah! Sure Honan was only trying to swat a pesky fly that was sitting on O'Neill's faceguard, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

relaxed wrote: »
    Podge Collins missed a chance to close the game with a goal.

In the first half Honan missed a goal chance to open a commanding lead.

Take your head out of the gutter.

Annuv wrote:

I've watched the replay of the incident multiple times in HD and slow motion and I honestly see no evidence of a strike by Honan, the same as most people here.

I'll break down what I posted earlier a little more for you, since you have deliberately misinterpreted it. I would take the fact that Honan is not even looking at O'Neill at the time as further evidence that he did nothing. Of course whether he is "looking at him in a certain way" does not determine if an offence occurred or not, but you know that's not what I implied anyway. If I flaked a lad in match I'd certainly be keeping an eye on him for his next move anyway.

It appears Mouth that either your memory betrays you or you're lying about the incident in an effort to justify O'Neill's dirt.

But listen it's OK, you'd want a bit of dirt in your full/corner backs, most great defenders have that. I suppose for Cork people who have spent 7 years whinging, whining and pontificating about Kilkenny's physicality and alleged dirt, with hollow laments about the direction hurling was heading in, it can be a little difficult to accept that your own team has players who are no angels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm embarrassed for some of the people posting in this thread.

Annuv wrote: »
    I've watched the replay of the incident multiple times in HD and slow motion and I honestly see no evidence of a strike by Honan, the same as most people here.

I'll break down what I posted earlier a little more for you, since you have deliberately misinterpreted it. I would take the fact that Honan is not even looking at O'Neill at the time as further evidence that he did nothing. Of course whether he is "looking at him in a certain way" does not determine if an offence occurred or not, but you know that's not what I implied anyway. If I flaked a lad in match I'd certainly be keeping an eye on him for his next move anyway.

It appears Mouth that either your memory betrays you or you're lying about the incident in an effort to justify O'Neill's dirt.

But listen it's OK, you'd want a bit of dirt in your full/corner backs, most great defenders have that. I suppose for Cork people who have spent 7 years whinging, whining and pontificating about Kilkenny's physicality and alleged dirt, with hollow laments about the direction hurling was heading in, it can be a little difficult to accept that your own team has players who are no angels.

Jeeez, you're desperate now, pal. I already said that O'Neill struck Honan- a red card offence, no question. Where did I "lie" about that or "justify" him ? But Honan struck O'Neill in the head as well- also a red card offence. But the witch hunt is for O'Neill only. Predictably, from the bitter Kilkenny crowd. It is only your bizarre constructions about whatever way Honan is looking or the direction of Honan's eye movement or whatever awkward and laboured defence for Honan's head strike you have concocted is hollow. Whenever Tommy Timber Walsh battered someone across the head was the defence that it had to be proven that Tommy Timber was looking into his victim's eyes? Get up the yard, you bluffer.

• Advertisement

Jeeez, you're desperate now, pal. I already said that O'Neill struck Honan- a red card offence, no question. Where did I "lie" about that or "justify" him ? But Honan struck O'Neill in the head as well- also a red card offence. But the witch hunt is for O'Neill only. Predictably, from the bitter Kilkenny crowd. It is only your bizarre constructions about whatever way Honan is looking or the direction of Honan's eye movement or whatever awkward and laboured defence for Honan's head strike you have concocted is hollow. Whenever Tommy Timber Walsh battered someone across the head was the defence that it had to be proven that Tommy Timber was looking into his victim's eyes? Get up the yard, you bluffer.

I already stated I that have watched the replay multiple times and see no strike by Honan.

Read that sentence a few times, you'll get it eventually. I'll leave it at that.

Advertisement