Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Integrity Of The CCCC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

eire 2012 wrote: »
    That's fine but Gavin didn't see the incident and was only going on umpires directions so there could be grounds for this still to be investigated but I doubt anything will happen sure it would ruin the replay and only cork are allowed play against 14 :D

It does not matter where the ref gets his info from, whether he sees it himself or whether he consults his umpires, if he deals with an incident on the field then that is that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Jarjohn wrote: »
    Incident was dealt with by ref and I don't think a witch hunt on Shane O Neill is proper, and also the way Davy Fitz covered it in interview after was piss poor. All players involved deserve to be part of replay.

No they don't.Shane O'Neill should be suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭eire 2012

No they don't.Shane O'Neill should be suspended.

He was lucky he wasnt already suspended for today after his full lenght swing across Eoin Larkin

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

awec wrote: »
    I think they mentioned it for about a second.

They're being very critical of Gavin without talking about this incident specifically.

They said it was a red and a clear strike to the head, what more could they have said?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

copacetic wrote: »
    They said it was a red and a clear strike to the head, what more could they have said?

Did they make a deal out of it? talked about it for 20 seconds.

Had the Ref sent someone off for a nothing challenge - there would be talking about it for 10 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,640 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

copacetic wrote: »

I think the incident deserved more highlighting than the few seconds it got. In the grand scheme of things it was a fairly major incident - they were happy to discuss Gavin's poor display but seemed reluctant to talk about the one incident that should have seen Cork reduced a man.

It really was a complete "ah sure this happened, NEXT".

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I think ye need to take the blinkers off to be honest. They generally spend time on incidents when there is a debate to be had, during the live coverage and on the highlights they replayed it from 3 angles and pointed out it should have been a red and would have been a red in other games. They all agreed and moved on to other decisions that were a bit more in grey areas. There was nothing more to be said about it really, they certainly spent a lot more than ' a second' on it and there was no reluctance to talk or mention it. They did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

If a Kk player had done this twice in three matches the whinging on here and in national media would be unbearable.
    I doubt anything will happen sure it would ruin the replay and only cork are allowed play against 14
    It will be brushed over don't worry Donal Og won't have seen anything and Shane o Neill will be lucky to have stayed on the pitch he is not that type etc etc I'd say it will go something like that
    He was lucky he wasnt already suspended for today after his full lenght swing across Eoin Larkin

Do you wan't some salt with that chip on your shoulder eire, get over it Cork beat KK fair and square, there was no conspiracy no vendetta, ye were simply beaten by a better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Browney7 wrote: »
    Is there something though that they can ask the ref if he would have given a red in the aftermath? I seem to recall something like this happening before. Maybe I'm imagining it
    Collie Moran against Westmeath in 2008 IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

[-0-] wrote: »
    How did Clare bottle it, exactly?

They bottled nothing.

Podge Collins missed a chance to close the game with a goal.

In the first half Honan missed a goal chance to open a commanding lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Do you wan't some salt with that chip on your shoulder eire, get over it Cork beat KK fair and square, there was no conspiracy no vendetta, ye were simply beaten by a better team.

From a Cork pt of view the utter and total lack of class coming out of KK makes their demise all the sweeter.

relaxed wrote: »

Hardly bottling it now, Honan's chance resulted in a top top class reflex save from Nash, that would have beaten 90% of keepers and Collins chance was hardly a sitter either, I dont think he had time to lift it so the kick was the right option just poorly executed - been unlucky does not equate to bottling it.

If anything Clare's mental fortitude and mental qualities were enhanced by yesterdays events rather than diminished. To stay standing and come back after the sucker punches they took was admirable and while I have been a critic of Davy, you would have to admire the belief he has instilled in these lads, I know we in Tipp could do with some of what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

From a Cork pt of view the utter and total lack of class coming out of KK makes their demise all the sweeter.

How would you describe the attitude of a number of Cork people to Kilkenny's success over the past decade? Just one example. If Donal O'Grady had any integrity, he would no longer be doing punditry work on RTE. He gets at least one snide dig at Kilkenny every time he's in the commentary box, even when Kilkenny are not playing. If he's unable to be impartial and hide his bitterness, then he shouldn't be there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

relaxed wrote: »

It was a poor decision to kick the ball in hindsight, but a performance worthy of a MOTM nomination is hardly bottling it.

Honan might have connected a little better but it was a difficult enough chance(he struck it on the turn I think?), and as we have seen in this championship so far, it takes more than a decent shot to beat Nash.

Martin567 wrote: »
    How would you describe the attitude of a number of Cork people to Kilkenny's success over the past decade? Just one example. If Donal O'Grady had any integrity, he would no longer be doing punditry work on RTE. He gets at least one snide dig at Kilkenny every time he's in the commentary box, even when Kilkenny are not playing. If he's unable to be impartial and hide his bitterness, then he shouldn't be there.

ohh ohh did someone say something remotely negative about KK its Martin to the rescue :D

The very notion of you accusing someone of been incapable of impartiality is laughable in the extreme, do we do irony much??

ohh ohh did someone say something remotely negative about KK its Martin to the rescue :D

The very notion of you accusing someone of been incapable of impartiality is laughable in the extreme, do we do irony much??

Only what I've come to expect from you. You have no argument so you dish out the personal insults. It's a pattern at this stage. I'm not being paid to give impartial analysis on RTE.

Your attitude is typical. If a Kilkenny person complains about something, they're bitter and unable to accept defeat. If somebody from another county moans about Kilkenny, that's fair analysis and calling it as it is (and will likely attract a thumbs up from you).

Only what I've come to expect from you. You have no argument so you dish out the personal insults. It's a pattern at this stage. I'm not being paid to give impartial analysis on RTE.

Your attitude is typical. If a Kilkenny person complains about something, they're bitter and unable to accept defeat. If somebody from another county moans about Kilkenny, that's fair analysis and calling it as it is (and will likely attract a thumbs up from you).

If you actually bothered to read any of my posts you would see I am quite capable of being impartial and have praised anyone who has deserved it, I have praised KK on many many ocassions, I am quite comfortable with my posting style and can honestly say I always give an objective view, can you say the same??

If you actually bothered to read any of my posts you would see I am quite capable of being impartial and have praised anyone who has deserved it, I have praised KK on many many ocassions, I am quite comfortable with my posting style and can honestly say I always give an objective view, can you say the same??

Self praise is no praise really. It's fair to say I'd have a different view. Reading your description of yourself above, the first thing that came to mind was Father Ted's description of Jack (when they thought he was dead) as a lovely, mild mannered person. To which Dougal asked "who's that you're talking about, Ted?"

From looking at our respective number of posts, I can see that you post about 5 times for every one of mine and I'm trying to cut back being here too much! I can fully see how I would come across as defensive of Kilkenny or whatever subject I'm posting on. But that's because I usually only post when I see something I strongly disagree with and nobody else has made the counter argument. I see lots of comments on here that I agree with but I see little reason to add to these as I would never get anything else done.

I'm sure you're capable of being objective but I think that's least in evidence where Kilkenny are concerned. The amount of casual bitterness towards Kilkenny on this and other media is significant. I mentioned O'Grady because I think he is a thorough disgrace. It very often seems as though Kilkenny are fair game for any abuse and seeing that you've thumbed up yet another one is hardly going to lead me to consider you to be objective.

Self praise is no praise really. It's fair to say I'd have a different view. Reading your description of yourself above, the first thing that came to mind was Father Ted's description of Jack (when they thought he was dead) as a lovely, mild mannered person. To which Dougal asked "who's that you're talking about, Ted?"

From looking at our respective number of posts, I can see that you post about 5 times for every one of mine and I'm trying to cut back being here too much! I can fully see how I would come across as defensive of Kilkenny or whatever subject I'm posting on. But that's because I usually only post when I see something I strongly disagree with and nobody else has made the counter argument. I see lots of comments on here that I agree with but I see little reason to add to these as I would never get anything else done.

I'm sure you're capable of being objective but I think that's least in evidence where Kilkenny are concerned. The amount of casual bitterness towards Kilkenny on this and other media is significant. I mentioned O'Grady because I think he is a thorough disgrace. It very often seems as though Kilkenny are fair game for any abuse and seeing that you've thumbed up yet another one is hardly going to lead me to consider you to be objective.

Maybe if you actually posted on something that didn't involve KK or if you were willing to accept some of their falings, which everyone has, your posts might have a little more credance, we can all use the post history to see the evidence for ourselves.

it's closer to 10 times;)

• Advertisement

Well it only happened this year and cork beat kilkenny is very true but it doesn't give Shane o Neill the right to be using his hurl like a slashers for the summer.The Sunday game panel are well able to highlight things when they want and don't be worrying about chips on shoulders when ye are still whinging about a penalty that was given in 09

Ace2007 wrote: »
    it's closer to 10 times;)

He has divided mine by two as I have been here 6 years as opposed to 3, which is fair enough, I'm still not sure of the relevance though?

Well it only happened this year and cork beat kilkenny is very true but it doesn't give Shane o Neill the right to be using his hurl like a slashers for the summer.The Sunday game panel are well able to highlight things when they want and don't be worrying about chips on shoulders when ye are still whinging about a penalty that was given in 09

Who is whinging about it and where? Really stop making stuff up it makes you look even more bitter and patethic.

Maybe if you actually posted on something that didn't involve KK or if you were willing to accept some of their falings, which everyone has, your posts might have a little more credance, we can all use the post history to see the evidence for ourselves.

I don't give any credence to anything you have to say regarding Kilkenny so we're even then.

Unless someone is going to pay me to write for Boards.ie, then I don't have time to multiply my time on here by five. I have opinions on lots of different things but I don't have time to express very many of them here. Therefore I only end up posting about things I'm passionate about. That probably gives a very one dimensional view of me but so be it.

It is a fact that lots of people have constantly sniped at Kilkenny's success in recent years and when I come across particularly snide and hypocritical examples, I will continue to highlight it. If I were Eddie Brennan sitting in the box in RTE, I would by now have publicly called out O'Grady for his antics because he just keeps getting away with it.

No lack of class I'm afraid facts are facts clear for all to see two dangerous swings in three games,change the colour of his jersey and it would be unbelievable the amount of rubbish that would be spouted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

No lack of class I'm afraid facts are facts clear for all to see two dangerous swings in three games,change the colour of his jersey and it would be unbelievable the amount of rubbish that would be spouted here.

A total and complete lack of sportsmanship and class. Relentless whinging, moaning and bitching. That's what it is. A total refusal to move on and accept your defeat.
    From Scratchy and Lanky Comerford publically espousing crackpot conspiracy theories. The antics of Ned Quinn and Eddie Keher. The comments of Nicky Brennan. Shame on Kilkenny. After winning so much to be outed as such utterly pathetic losers.

A total and complete lack of sportsmanship and class. Relentless whinging, moaning and bitching. That's what it is. A total refusal to move on and accept your defeat.
    From Scratchy and Lanky Comerford publically espousing crackpot conspiracy theories. The antics of Ned Quinn and Eddie Keher. The comments of Nicky Brennan. Shame on Kilkenny. After winning so much to be outed as such utterly pathetic losers.

What has this got to do with the 2 wild swings?

I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

Lets see now if the integrity of the cccc stands up now after today's All Ireland Final.If it does then Shane o Neill and Darach Honan will not be playing in the replay.They were very quick to overturn Patrick Horgans red against limerick and Henry Sheffin's red against Cork today Shane o Neill and Darach Honan are clearly seen striking across the head with his hurl They should be having a nice month off now if the cccc is going to apply its own rules properly.

Fixed that for you, buddy, as you are obviously suffering from a bit of myopia.

• Advertisement

Fixed that for you, buddy, as you are obviously suffering from a bit of myopia.

Ah thanks for giving us your view mate your living up well to your username but you need to look again I'm afraid your eyes are letting you down .Honan dunted Shane o Neill first with the hurl yellow card offence then Shane o Neill proceeded to pull across his head a dangerous cowardly act red card and should be a two month ban.To compare the shefflin overturn to Horgans is fairly funny because the match was over kilkenny beaten out of the championship it was actually a further insult to kilkenny to overturn it.Horgans red was overturned so he would be free to play against kilkenny and it would be doubtful if cork would have won without him.It totally undermined James McGrath because he applied the rules and the gaa made a show of him for doing so

Advertisement