Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chevy Spark EV 90 miles range @100 kph

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not many people drive 500 miles a day.

I don't think I'd have a problem renting for the never times I drive 500 miles in one day either if most of my driving is within that 90 miles.

I'd even stretch that to 1 20 min charge for 160 ish miles.

I would say I never drove more than 300 miles in one day and that would be rare. So if it was inconvenient I'd probably rent or get a loan of an ice, no big deal.

Dublin to Cork, Limerick, or Galway are all comfortably out of range without a stop.

Virtually nobody wants a vehicle that has such limited range, and believe me those that shell out to buy an ev won't be happy having to borrow an ice vehicle for a 2 hour non stop spin.

Dublin to Cork, Limerick, or Galway are all comfortably out of range without a stop.

Virtually nobody wants a vehicle that has such limited range, and believe me those that shell out to buy an ev won't be happy having to borrow an ice vehicle for a 2 hour non stop spin.

Then buy an I3 with generator !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Then buy an I3 with generator !

Hang on a sec.

You started this thread positively talking about an electric car having a 90 miles range at 100kph, and now your suggesting buying a hybrid to deal with a very standard everday journey because it's range is higher.

Sorry but your thread and logic are fatally flawed.

p.s. What range would a Spark have in winter, with headlights, a/c, and blower all running at say 120kph? 60 miles perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Hang on a sec.

You started this thread positively talking about an electric car having a 90 miles range at 100kph, and now your suggesting buying a hybrid to deal with a very standard everday journey because it's range is higher.

p.s. What range would a Spark have in winter, with headlights, a/c, and blower all running at say 120kph? 60 miles perhaps?

many have tried but none have succeeded versus the blinkered bias that is mad_lad!!

Hang on a sec.

One big difference to the I8, Ampera/Volt/ Prius

The generator in the I3 doesn't drive the wheels what so ever so and the battery is much bigger covering greater distances on electric alone.

So if you're not happy with plugging in on a longer trip, then that is an option. I see nothing flawed with the thread.

The only thing to be weary is there is 0 SAE chargers installed yet.

@120 kph in winter the range would probably be 70-80 miles. That's my guess as there is no data yet. And there is no data on the heater that I can find.

• Advertisement

BMW i3 wheels !

bmw-i3-light-bare-chassis-front.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

BMW i3 wheels !

bmw-i3-light-bare-chassis-front.jpg

looks like

cad02a.jpg

I3 without genny, notice the empty space to the left of the motor.

automotive_image.3413378.jpg

I3 with genny.

i3%20with%20range%20extender.jpg?itok=jXL5Vo8l

One think that gets me is that they could have fit an extra 5-10 kwh in there, look at the space up front, and the space in the model without generator or (rex)

BMW-i3-6.jpg

Advertisement