Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (La Da Dee)

Christ I hate that song......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Any song that involves giovani trapatoni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Da Da Da

Quality tune. Love that one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Grayditch wrote: »
    Whoa. I didn't forsee that coming up, if I'm honest.

It's a pain in the hole. You can't turn on the radio without hearing the Horst-Wessel-Lied or Es zittern die morschen Knochen. Bloody annoying so it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

.red. wrote: »
    Any song that involves giovani trapatoni

That reminds me: that Rocky road to Poland martyred me and many others last year!! Truly awful as are all those Irish soccer anthems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

That reminds me: that Rocky road to Poland martyred me and many others last year!! Truly awful as are all those Irish soccer anthems.

Off topic but "give it a lash jack" and "joxer" have a special place in irish folklore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Whatever the hell that music is called, "Wake me up" I think it's called... country-like music, then breaks into techno? [sounds like the kind of music you'd here at some funfair ride...].

Plays on the radio practically every 30-60 minutes, when I'm driving...

SICK of it -.-;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Whatever the hell that music is called, "Wake me up" I think it's called... country-like music, then breaks into techno? [sounds like the kind of music you'd here at some funfair ride...].

Plays on the radio practically every 30-60 minutes, when I'm driving...

SICK of it -.-;

Avicii?

Cracking track, but I'm afraid it might be played too much, like Bryan Adams' song in 1991, everyone will be sick of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I love R.E.M. but I can't stand Everybody Hurts. It just seems to go on forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Don't stop believing is the most rage inducing face punch song that has ever been created....****in sopranos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Avicii?

Cracking track, but I'm afraid it might be played too much, like Bryan Adams' song in 1991, everyone will be sick of it!

Wow. That's one of the worst things I've ever heard. It's like Eastern European wedding music done by some boyband reject gone country or something. Wow. Burn that in Mordor. Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Sirsok wrote: »
    Don't stop believing is the most rage inducing face punch song that has ever been created....****in sopranos

I'm a big REM fan too, the song of their's that I cannot stand is Shiny Happy People. It wrecks my head. And that bint from the B52's, not to mention that weird fella, saw them on something live recently and they were truly awful.

.red. wrote: »
    Off topic but "give it a lash jack" and "joxer" have a special place in irish folklore.

Joxer = a great humorous song. Christy Moore is great.
    Give it a lash Jack = song you can excuse because Ireland had a great team back in 1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Galway Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I can take or leave Snow Patrol, I think they've done some decent stuff, but Chasing Cars.....****ing hell. Music to make you lose the will to live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

There are way too many from the past so I will just stick with:

Blurred Lines. It is awful, the video girls are nothing special, that ****ing "hey hey hey" sound sticks in my head and if Miley Cyrus was the last woman on the planet I would rather rape Eamon Dunphy than have her "twerk" on my lad.

Get Lucky. In fact there is something about Pharrell Williams voice that irritatingly stick in your head.

It's funny. I love dance music. I love (older hip hop). Yet I hate nearly everything Daft Punk or Pharrell have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Adele - Someone Like You
    Bruno Mars - Just They Way You Are/Treasure
    Emelie Sande - Next To Me
    Any song by Pitbull or Flo Rida
    The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
    Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round

mewe wrote: »
    This song does my nut in any time i hear it on the radio

This song is full of sin. There was one time that talent and not foul language is what sold records.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

There are way too many from the past so I will just stick with:

Blurred Lines. It is awful, the video girls are nothing special, that ****ing "hey hey hey" sound sticks in my head and if Miley Cyrus was the last woman on the planet I would rather rape Eamon Dunphy than have her "twerk" on my lad.

Get Lucky. In fact there is something about Pharrell Williams voice that irritatingly stick in your head.

It's funny. I love dance music. I love (older hip hop). Yet I hate nearly everything Daft Punk or Pharrell have made.

You and me would definitely get along :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Lots of my most hated mentioned already, Loveshack, Valerie (cover), Shiny Happy People

A few more;
    Santana - Smooth
    Smash Mouth - Walkin' on the sun
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anything by UB40...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Not reading through the entire thread but

the Wet Wet Wet song "Love is all around"

and Bryan Adams "Everything I do"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round ,round and round all day long

Or Mary had a little lamb. little lamb, little lamb

Ok Ok I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Omg lol. I'd say 80% of twenty tens music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

A bit surprised that no one has mentioned this but...

Green Day - Time of Your Life

My own personal reason being:
    At the end of 6th year, our music teacher decided to do a year performance of it, but couldn't decide what key we should sing in

Meaning, with me on guitar I had to play the song, each time with a capo on a different fret, moving it up and down
    so she could hear how we sounded with a lower and higher pitched key.

In the end we must have practiced it 100 times with the guitar now sounding more like a mandolin,
    only for her to pull the performance, but then come up to me on the night asking if I had or could get my guitar

......An urge to kill begins to rise whenever I hear those opening chords

And for anyone from Cork whose had no choice in listening to 96fm:

Toto: Kiss the Rain Down in Africa
    Shakira: Hips Don't Lie
    Justin Timberlake: Rock Your Body
    Black Eyed Peas: I Gotta Feeling & Where is the Love

They still play each of these 5 songs on a regular basis as if they were brand new, sometimes more than once per day

RikkFlair wrote: »
    I can take or leave Snow Patrol, I think they've done some decent stuff, but Chasing Cars.....****ing hell. Music to make you lose the will to live.

Well after November/December 2010, any band with SNOW in their name would be unwelcome!!:D

Seriously though I haven't heard much of Snow Patrol and couldn't tell you a song they sang. So, I can't judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Born in the USA by the most over-rated artist on any planet.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round ,round and round all day long

Or Mary had a little lamb. little lamb, little lamb

Ok Ok I get it!

Terrible lyrics :):D

• Advertisement

Born in the USA by the most over-rated artist on any planet.

Bruce Springsteen is a god.

Advertisement