Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Guns 'N' Roses - Sweet Child of Mine (overrated band, too much airtime on radio)

Rihanna - Umbrella (summer of 2007 the song was constantly on 2fm and it was always pissing rain outside when it was playing)

The Stranglers - Golden Brown (Song just depresses me)

Anything by Simply Red (I just hate the f**ker!)

Crazy Frog (self explanatory)

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire (always on in pubs and nightclubs)

Anything by Justin Beiber

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps

Gangnam Style (I want to cry because I'm hearing it everywhere, there is no escape!)

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger

Pink - True Love

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The horrific, screechy, repetitive, pile of sh!te, assault on the senses, that is Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell.

Right on, absolute garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I am pie wrote: »
    Oasis songs played by anyone but the former members of Oasis...step away from that acoustic guitar party wrecker.
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

getting pretty sick of Counting Stars by Onerepublic

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Juniexd

Macklemore - "Can't Hold Us" ..bleeding wish the ceiling would collapse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Robbie Williams and that stupid thinks she's made of candy song, repeating that line over and over :mad:

There were 2 songs on the radio every morning about a year ago first song when you hit me hit me hard second song I wasn't expecting that :D both crap songs but when they were played in that order it made them a little more tolerable.

That song where the singer starts screeching see beneath your beautiful half way through the song thank fcuk they don't play that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Juniexd wrote: »
    Macklemore - "Can't Hold Us" ..bleeding wish the ceiling would collapse!

was played ad nauseum at Croke Park yesterday...still not as annoying as the '20 dollars in my pocket' one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Cotton Eyed Joe.
    We Are So Young by The Corrs
    Alright by Super Grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Just youtubed that Wagon Wheel song coz never heard of it - What in the name of fcuk is that????? I lasted just long enough to hear the chorus.
    Where are all you people hearing it all the time? Is it in clubs like or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Just youtubed that Wagon Wheel song coz never heard of it - What in the name of fcuk is that????? I lasted just long enough to hear the chorus.

its everywhere. Usually when your're at a party and someone puts it on.
    its ****ing horrible and everyone loves it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Push Pop

The majority of the music played in Coppers, especially around Christmas. Makes you want to drink more and faster.... oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

It's been mentioned a few times but I've hated "Don't Stop Believing" since it was played EIGHT times at my debs in 2009. "I Got A Feeling" for the same reason (one mixtape on loop for several hours *shudder*).

Also "Diamonds" by Rihanna and that horrendous Lady Gaga Christmas song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Spend half an hour in a pub or club in Monaghan and you will hear it. Brings out a violent streak in me that I never knew I had. Have to restrain myself from bottling the dj or band.

The weekend gone by was such a blessing coz we had our annual blues festival so only wagon wheels to be got were in Mizzoni pizza or in biscuit aisle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

"Fireworks" by Katy Perry. Sweet jesus, every five minutes it's "Baaaaby yer a...fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire---werk!" Bad enough it was played ad nausem on the radio but it's one of my mother's favourite songs and it's constantly blaring out of her phone.
    Also, I'm onboard with hating "Don't Stop Believin'". I like Journey but it's getting ridiculous at this stage! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

This song does my nut in any time i hear it on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Anyone mention that whinny little runt from Charleville singing maggie, maggie boo or some sh1t like that I think he won some Irish talent sh1te :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Fun we are young and some nights

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey soul sister.... Ugh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

God Save The Queen... Makes me puke everytime.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

God Save The Queen... Makes me puke everytime.:mad:

The Commonwealth Anthem or the Sex Pistols song? Can't imagine how either would inspire emesis. Were you experimented upon in some weird Pavlovian fashion as a youngster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

McChubbin wrote: »
    "Fireworks" by Katy Perry. Sweet jesus, every five minutes it's "Baaaaby yer a...fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire---werk!" Bad enough it was played ad nausem on the radio but it's one of my mother's favourite songs and it's constantly blaring out of her phone.
    Also, I'm onboard with hating "Don't Stop Believin'". I like Journey but it's getting ridiculous at this stage! :mad:

Anything that passes through her vocal cords is pure sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Anything that's in that kind of Nicki Minaj / Katy Perry / Drake / whatever vibe... even if I haven't heard it yet I don't want to hear it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Eeden wrote: »
    Crazy In Love by Beyonce. It feels like I've heard it every single day for the past 10 years. Sometimes more than once a day. It invades my dreams. Unfair.

That song puts my blood pressure up. :mad:
    I hate anything by Rihanna as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Okay don't get over excited but I think I have the winner!

Rebecca black - Friday

I really wish I could unhear this song! It infuriates me that she made money from that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Wet Wet Wet, Love is all Around....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Wet Wet Wet, Love is all Around....

Summer '94.......shudder :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

everlast75 wrote: »
    And I don't mean the easy targets like Jedward (my, how I wish they were easy targets)

Jedward? Remember them. We don't see anything of them anymore I notice. I had a kind of a soft spot for them: while many slagged them off, I thought they were unique and had character (in a way that the never ending supply of boy bands never had).

Why was the proverbial plug pulled on them? They were actually better than many of the others who often remain famous and at the very least had an original act.

As for songs I would never want to hear again:

Almost anything from Boyzone, Westlife and One Direction obviously. Also, the following:

Eoghan Quigg's 28000 friends and indeed everything he did.
    On your wedding day - syruppy country pop dirge that has to be sung by almost every Irish country singer.
    Horse outside by the RubberBandits: unfunny tosh and perhaps the musical equivalent of The Big Bow Wow?
    That song that another Louis Walsh creation called Six did in 2002.
    Nazi propaganda songs from the 1930s and 1940s.
    Most stuff from the 1990s Rave and Techno crazes. Most computerised disco stuff period.
    Mike Denver when he sings pop and new country (he is better at folk and older country).
    The little white bull, Chim-chim-Cheree and all that Mary Poppins type cr@p.
    There's no one as African as Ronan O'Gara.
    Johnny's got a boom boom (Imelda May is great overall but this is her poorest song).
    Bing Crosby when he sang those stage oirish songs.

I remember being totally fed up of The Galway Girl around 4-7 years ago: it was everywhere by everyone. Drunk and sober. Now, I kind of miss it and it would be good to have a Jedward version. Never hear either now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Anything by 1-D or any of that shyte sugary pop crap. Also, no more jazz music. Seriously, Etta James et al, you boil my piss. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I would Walk five Hundred Miles :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nazi propaganda songs from the 1930s and 1940s.

Whoa. I didn't forsee that coming up, if I'm honest.

Advertisement