Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bruce Springsteen is a god.

Nah mate. He isnae a God.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Anything by the Arctic Monkeys, the singer has got so much lard in his hair these days he'll end up in Coronation Street poaching the Kevin Webster role. Sitting around eating tins of corned beef with there hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

everlast75 wrote: »
    And I don't mean the easy targets like Jedward (my, how I wish they were easy targets)

I mean songs that you might have liked once.. Or else despised from the start.

My few straight away are..

'Sweet child of mine' (ruined by night clubs)

'All night to get lucky' (liked at first but got saturated airplay)

'Knights in white satin' (always depressed the fook out of me)

'Hotel California'

Anything by Bon Jovi (especially Loving on a prayer)

What about... YOU???

Hell there are so many-and "Get Lucky" is just one of them.

Sweet Disposition-Temper Tramp.
    Little Talks-Of Mice And Men.
    Everything by Mumford and Sons.
    Everything by Adele.
    Everything by One Direction.
    She Walks Like Rhianna-The Wanted.
    That ridiculously stupid new one by One Republic.
    Call Me Maybe-Carly Ray Jespen.

Can I just mention these also:

We Are Never Getting Back Together-Taylor Swift
    Hey There Deliah-Plain White Tees
    Parklife / Song Two / Boys and Girls-Blur
    I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker-Sandie Tom
    Lonely Boy / Gold On The Ceiling-The Black Eyed Keys(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Let Her Go"-Passenger
    "Firework"-Katy Perry
    ANYTHING BY PADDY CASEY
    "Rocky Took a Lover"-Bell X1
    "Diamonds"-Rihanna

And that other song "Nobody does it like Juliieeeet" by Lawson.
    WHO THE FRIG IS JULIET AND WHY ARE YOU SINGING A SKIN-ITCHINGLY ANNOYING SONG ABOUT HER?!
    If you're gonna sing about Juliet, tell us who she fkin is!!!!

• Advertisement

That one by Bastille, "But if you close your eyes...."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Let Her Go"-Passenger
    "Firework"-Katy Perry
    ANYTHING BY PADDY CASEY
    "Rocky Took a Lover"-Bell X1
    "Diamonds"-Rihanna

And that other song "Nobody does it like Juliieeeet" by Lawson.
    WHO THE FRIG IS JULIET AND WHY ARE YOU SINGING A SKIN-ITCHINGLY ANNOYING SONG ABOUT HER?!
    If you're gonna sing about Juliet, tell us who she fkin is!!!!

I absolutely hate that song. Can't stand his voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Seasan wrote: »
    Hell there are so many-and "Get Lucky" is just one of them.

Sweet Disposition-Temper Tramp.
    Little Talks-Of Mice And Men.
    Everything by Mumford and Sons.
    Everything by Adele.
    Everything by One Direction.
    She Walks Like Rhianna-The Wanted.
    That ridiculously stupid new one by One Republic.
    Call Me Maybe-Carly Ray Jespen.

One Direction are one of the most overrated, overhyped bands of all time. I don't get what they have at all. They are bland, mediocre and sound exactly like all the other boybands and popbands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

One Direction are one of the most overrated, overhyped bands of all time. I don't get what they have at all. They are bland, mediocre and sound exactly like all the other boybands and popbands.

Find a teenage girl and ask them, that's their market. They aren't exactly knocking out Pet Sounds or the White Album. I don't think anyone outside of sma****s hypes them do they? Manufactured guff for teenage girls.

I am pie wrote: »
    Manufactured guff for teenage girls.

That is exactly it and a great definition of ALL boybands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

That is exactly it and a great definition of ALL boybands.

except The Monkees, of course.

Muise... wrote: »
    except The Monkees, of course.

The Monkees and so on were around before the term boyband was invented. They will be remembered long after One Direction will fade from view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

anything from Phil Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭musicfan1ie

Hate Fields of Athenry, walk 500 miles by proclaimers are two that spring to mind

Hate Fields of Athenry, walk 500 miles by proclaimers are two that spring to mind

Fields of Athenry is ok when sung slow and serious as it was meant to be. But that fast version with the hey baby let the freebirds fly bit is something I cannot stand. Who the hell originated that thing? Probably Dustin the bleedin' Turkey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

any Clare song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Don't Cha by Pussy Cat Dolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Gotye's Somebody blah blah

Fook that song

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

That one by Bastille, "But if you close your eyes...."

No its

"But if you calouse your eyes" arrrgghhhhhh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

seriously why is the radio still playing we are never getting back together by taylor swift. It still gets as much play time now as it did when it was out A YEAR AGO!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Fields of Athenry is ok when sung slow and serious as it was meant to be. But that fast version with the hey baby let the freebirds fly bit is something I cannot stand. Who the hell originated that thing? Probably Dustin the bleedin' Turkey!!

I daren't google, but I'd suspect some 90s tacky DJ or other. The original makes my skin crawl too - and I'm from near enough to those fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Choochtown

A lot of UB40 hate on this thread.

Admittedly their output for the last 30 years has been generally quite dreadful.

However, their first 2 albums "Signing off" and "Present Arms" are quality.

I daren't google, but I'd suspect some 90s tacky DJ or other. The original makes my skin crawl too - and I'm from near enough to those fields.

I will look it up. I'd rate the original as ok but as a victim of burglars two years ago, my tolerance of songs like this that completely justify a crime is low. The line 'he stole Trevellian's (sp?) corn so his kids can see the morn' is exactly what you hear from these free legal aid barristers defending burglars. Of course, this song is fiction but if it was for real, the criminal lauded in it would more likely than not have robbed a lot more than just corn and would have done it for himself! But I guess the attitude in such songs is breaking British law, even if it is robbery, is ok!!

I hate as well how the song, that awful baby let the freebirds one, has become such a rallying cry at sports events.

And to think it was not even around before the early 1980s!! Many incl. myself assumed it was an old traditional ballad but it was written around 1979 and only became famous in around 1982/3.

I don't know if he (it?) was definitely the original 'person'/'turkey' do do this hey baby let the freebirds fly version, but as predicted that canvass bag Dustin the Turkey was one of those who made this turkey - forgive the pun - famous.

In fact, speaking of songs you never want to hear again: I will add anything by that Dustin clown to this. He has recorded and ruined many a good song and even had good artists collaborate with him!! Only in Ireland could such a travesty have a hit record. One of the most embarrassing moments we ever had was sending that canvass bag to the Eurovision. Luckily, we have not heard tell of him much since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Any song mangled by Crystal Swing.

And that my Socks Are On Fire song.

I don't know if he (it?) was definitely the original 'person'/'turkey' do do this hey baby let the freebirds fly version, but as predicted that canvass bag Dustin the Turkey was one of those who made this turkey - forgive the pun - famous.

In fact, speaking of songs you never want to hear again: I will add anything by that Dustin clown to this. He has recorded and ruined many a good song and even had good artists collaborate with him!! Only in Ireland could such a travesty have a hit record. One of the most embarrassing moments we ever had was sending that canvass bag to the Eurovision. Luckily, we have not heard tell of him much since!

Didn't Brush Shields and his band do a really fast upbeat version of that song? Could it have been him/them who added that "hey baby..." bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

Maniac 2000 by 'DJ' Mark McCabe.

He should be shot with a ball of his own ****e for that contribution to pop culture!

Didn't Brush Shields and his band do a really fast upbeat version of that song? Could it have been him/them who added that "hey baby..." bit?

I never heard his version but the two that are in my subconciousness are that squaking canvass bag Dustin and then there is another uptempo live version where the audience say after 'our love was on the wing' Sinn Fein and IRA after 'we had dreams and songs to sing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

the audience say after 'our love was on the wing' Sinn Fein and IRA after 'we had dreams and songs to sing'.
    The most sure-fire way of knowing someone is a tw@t is if they shout that.

• Advertisement

Maniac 2000 by 'DJ' Mark McCabe.

He should be shot with a ball of his own ****e for that contribution to pop culture!

And "Love Is In The Air" also.
    As if that song wasn't bad enough,he just made me hate it even more by bringing it out again with his autotuned voice.
    Stick to the day job,Mark.

Advertisement