Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

The bits with William still look like a different timeline to me. Not that I consider that a bad thing, I've always quite liked the various timelines aspect. Really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Given the man in black back and forth with Dr Ford I don't think William is a paradox I think we haven't seen who Ford was way back then that's one of the biggest questions for me we seen a de-aged Hopkins playing Ford but I think there's more too it and what happened with William being integrated into the controlling position the rivalry between him and Ford must have been explosive from the very beginning with Ford still controlling the AI and even spirit of the park and the experience of Westworld and the man in black trying to win the game and end up on top

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Maeve with a Sword!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That looked pretty damn good tbh, I turned it off halfway through so I wouldn't see any more, cant wait for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

From that trailer I’m fairly certain it will either be a 10/10 season or a 5/10 one. Season 2 was good without hitting the heights of season 1 imo.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sky Atlantic on Monday, 16th of March

Isn't that way, way earlier than expected?

The trailer looks terrific.

I, too, expect a 10 episode series.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Going to have to try find time to squeeze in a rewatch of it all before the new season. Mostly because I'll take any excuse to rewatch Season 1 that I can, and maybe I'll have a better appreciation for Season 2 knowing what it's trying to do from the start rather than being confused for about the first 7 episodes or so.

That's some track to back that video up with.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Isn't that way, way earlier than expected?

The trailer looks terrific.

I, too, expect a 10 episode series.

Was it not confirmed it’s to be an 8 episode season this year?

Loughc wrote: »
    Was it not confirmed it’s to be an 8 episode season this year?

Perhaps it was.

• Advertisement

35% more romantic! :D

Intrepid Fans Found A Set of Hidden Trailers for Westworld Season 3
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/intrepid-fans-found-a-set-of-hidden-trailers-for-westwo-1841856510
    It’s possible one of these trailers is a gag. I’ll let you decide which one.

That's some track to back that video up with.

It's a cover by Ramin Djawadi

I think the lyrics will be an indicator of who Aaron Paul is in the context of things
    :)

Aside from give Maeve a Samurai Sword, Did Samurai World give or add anything to the story in Season 2?

That there's a loads of parks and the English guy embezzled Westworld story for all of them. Plus that cool Shinto paint it black remix.

Finished Season 1 again over the weekend. Such a great season of TV. Dips a bit in the middle, but not substantially so. Performances are incredible throughout too.

I'm hoping Season 2 is a more enjoyable watch this time. My main takeaway from watching it first time round was that it was a fairly bland storyline twist that they spent more time trying to conceal by messing around with things to prevent people from figuring it out, than actually developing the storyline properly. This time, knowing that going into it, I'm hoping to pick up more on the bits that actually matter. Plus the episode about the leader of the Ghost Nation was spectacular. The only episode I watched twice the week it was out.

Penn wrote: »
    Finished Season 1 again over the weekend. Such a great season of TV. Dips a bit in the middle, but not substantially so. Performances are incredible throughout too.

I'm hoping Season 2 is a more enjoyable watch this time. My main takeaway from watching it first time round was that it was a fairly bland storyline twist that they spent more time trying to conceal by messing around with things to prevent people from figuring it out, than actually developing the storyline properly. This time, knowing that going into it, I'm hoping to pick up more on the bits that actually matter. Plus the episode about the leader of the Ghost Nation was spectacular. The only episode I watched twice the week it was out.

I'm mid way through season 2 and your analysis is pretty much bang on. The only episode I watched twice when it came out was 4 or 5 when Jim Delos is in the apartment. I've actually watched it twice this week.

That there's a loads of parks and the English guy embezzled Westworld story for all of them. Plus that cool Shinto paint it black remix.

In a 10 episode series, losing 4-5 episodes to Samurai world and thats all that it actually contributed to is disappointing.

I'm mid way through season 2 and your analysis is pretty much bang on. The only episode I watched twice when it came out was 4 or 5 when Jim Delos is in the apartment. I've actually watched it twice this week.

Oh yeah, I enjoyed that episode too. The season did have a lot of great moments and story beats, they just tried to be too clever about it all and it made it a frustrating watch with weekly episodes.

In a 10 episode series, losing 4-5 episodes to Samurai world and thats all that it actually contributed to is disappointing.

The same guy wrote Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton, so the possibilities of parks would be endless. If the AI have taken over and that spreads to the other parks it would be crazy to see what's coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

Started Season 2 again last this week and hadn't a breeze what was going on.

Ended up reading the recap here:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/westworld-seasons-1-and-2-recap-everything-to-remember/

Even the first episode has two Bernard timelines, one straight after the incident , and another two weeks after the incident.

https://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/#present-day

This confused me first time around but just made me roll my eyes this time - no reason to tell the story that way except to keep the viewer confused.

There's an amazing show in there but the messing with the timelines needs to stop.

steve_r wrote: »
    Started Season 2 again last this week and hadn't a breeze what was going on.

Ended up reading the recap here:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/westworld-seasons-1-and-2-recap-everything-to-remember/

Even the first episode has two Bernard timelines, one straight after the incident , and another two weeks after the incident.

https://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/#present-day

This confused me first time around but just made me roll my eyes this time - no reason to tell the story that way except to keep the viewer confused.

There's an amazing show in there but the messing with the timelines needs to stop.

Is it not in the first episode where Bernard shows Delores where he built the house in the city? If so, thats 3 timelines he has in that episode. But binge watching it, the episodes tend to melt into each other.

Is it not in the first episode where Bernard shows Delores where he built the house in the city? If so, thats 3 timelines he has in that episode. But binge watching it, the episodes tend to melt into each other.

No, not in the first episode. Though there is the first scene of the episode with Delores and Arnold/Bernard talking, so technically that's a 3rd timeline anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Has there been any catch up videos made yet? Don't have the time to binge rewatch season one or two before season three starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

That's mind blowing

nc6000 wrote: »
    recap

needed that!

About 6 episodes into a rewatch of Season 2. Unfortunately, my hopes that knowing what's happening and not having to wait weekly might improve Season 2 hasn't made much of a difference. It's still a bit of a struggle to get through. I found myself barely paying any attention to the Shogun World parts even despite the fact a lot of it is subtitled. And the constant back and forth and messing with Bernard's memory is just infuriating.

Still, will power through to set myself up for Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They really need to release a version of season 2 told linearly. It is like they added in the jumps in time to hide the fact that it isnt as good as season 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'll admit, my expectations for S3 are low. I feel the season-by-season planning of this means the setting of Westworld has been thrown away for a completely different story. If it had been planned a few seasons in advance they could have made much more of the park.

Advertisement