Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tex12

Hi, thanks for your replies regarding Broadband.
    Just got on to Sky again.

According to Sky customer service, Sky rent the broadband lines from Eir and that is why they can't provide broadband in Darley Lane, unless Eir lay a line. (from previous reply/post I won't hold my breath!!)
    The Virgin lines that are laid are solely for Virgin (they do not allow or rent to other providers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 buyer2017

Can somebody tell me a contact email address for the management company (does this exist yet) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jeffrey Lebowski

For anybody that has moved in recently, was there any splashbacks on the sinks in the bathrooms/WCs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Hey guys. Looking into houses here. Doing line checks on some houses and some have no phone lines and hence no broadband. virgin media unavailable. Is this a known problem in the estate? 3 years and no phone line sounds dodgy...

• Administrators Posts: 53,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

qrx wrote: »
    Hey guys. Looking into houses here. Doing line checks on some houses and some have no phone lines and hence no broadband. virgin media unavailable. Is this a known problem in the estate? 3 years and no phone line sounds dodgy...

Virgin Media must be available, are you sure it isn't?

No phone line is not unusual these days.

• Advertisement

For anybody that has moved in recently, was there any splashbacks on the sinks in the bathrooms/WCs ?

No not unless pay extra for additional tiling!

Also houses do wired for virgin they have the virgin connection in each room

buyer2017 wrote: »
    No not unless pay extra for additional tiling!

Also houses do wired for virgin they have the virgin connection in each room

Thanks.it's actually in our contact though.

awec wrote: »
    Virgin Media must be available, are you sure it isn't?

No phone line is not unusual these days.

Yes no phone line not unusual if there is virgin media avsilable. It's one particular cul de sac in the estate, I've checked every single house - no phone lines and no virgin media available.

• Administrators Posts: 53,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

qrx wrote: »
    Yes no phone line not unusual if there is virgin media avsilable. It's one particular cul de sac in the estate, I've checked every single house - no phone lines and no virgin media available.

How do you know there's no virgin available? The virgin website is really unreliable for this stuff if that is what you're checking.

It would be absolutely bizarre to have houses with absolutely no capability of getting an internet connection. Who would buy them?

How do you know there's no virgin available? The virgin website is really unreliable for this stuff if that is what you're checking.

It would be absolutely bizarre to have houses with absolutely no capability of getting an internet connection. Who would buy them?

First phase had deal with sky Conway for supply of bb and television. Hence possibly the cul de sac is there and as far as I know they cannot get the virgin. Clarify what street you are trying with virgin line checker please.

• Advertisement

Virigin checker is spot on for everything I have tried. Put in another address in the estate and yes virgin media is available. Anything for these particular houses in this cul-de-sac and nothing is available.

Who would buy them? Someone who didn't do their research?

First phase had deal with sky Conway for supply of bb and television. Hence possibly the cul de sac is there and as far as I know they cannot get the virgin. Clarify what street you are trying with virgin line checker please.

Ah yes, thank you! Now it makes sense. They are a right shower. Wow so some houses have Virgin and others are legally restricted...that is not good.

Yes I believe all house in phase 1 (all area to left of parkland) is locked to the sky Conway. Phase 2 (all to right of parkland) come with virgin connection boxes installed in rooms as standard . The Sky Conway don’t have great reputations if you read back to start of thread

Yes I believe all house in phase 1 (all area to left of parkland) is locked to the sky Conway. Phase 2 (all to right of parkland) come with virgin connection boxes installed in rooms as standard . The Sky Conway don’t have great reputations if you read back to start of thread
    I have personal experience with them. The "Con" in their name is appropriate. Shower of utter cowboys.

Anybody get a finish date for Thornberry close ?

HAVe you been given the finishe date yet?

HAVe you been given the finishe date yet?

Snagged it two weeks ago. Depending on how the follow up goes, should be closing in the coming week or so.

Snagged it two weeks ago. Depending on how the follow up goes, should be closing in the coming week or so.

That’s a good news. Good to see the road fully opened. It seems to take them a very long time to lay second layer of tarmac around Atkinson drive and darleys lane with drain and manholes sticking several inches above ground level still and street lights not working

Hi there, we're on Hyde road, the windows and doors have been put in within the last 3 weeks, does anyone know roughly how long it takes from here to complete, all we've been told is no longer than 2 months but im sceptical..

Seems you were right to be sceptical on the 2 months. You can’t believe anything that the Sherry Fitz say. You should speak with builders to get accurate date.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

Seems you were right to be sceptical on the 2 months. You can’t believe anything that the Sherry Fitz say. You should speak with builders to get accurate date.

I would second this. The builders have informed us (in 2015) about the park not going to be ready up until when Atkinson Drive is fully finished, so we knew it's going to be a long wait. The sales agent was advertising it to be ready in early 2016 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Homerj1981

I notice this evening that thornberry close is open , have people moved in?

• Advertisement

Homerj1981 wrote: »
    I notice this evening that thornberry close is open , have people moved in?

Closing in the next few days hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oxuiq

Hi guys, we bought in the last phase, and Sherry are taking their sweet time in sending any plans over to the solicitor..
    Please help! What have we bought??? JA type, in the show-house looks totally different to what is in the planning permission, and do we have a say in what we prefer? Could anyone with a JA advise please?
    Sherry are not sharing the number for the builders, and the house is due to be completed Jan-Feb, hope I am not too late to have a say (if I have any).
    Also could anyone advise if you get an attic with the JA?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

Hi Oxuig,

we bought in the first phase, the JA is the the 3 story house without a garage. If you’re looking at the original planning permission, D14A/0515, the configuration of the ground floor has changed.

The best thing for you to do would be to come up to the development yourselves and talk to the foreman, just ask any of the builders and they’ll direct you to him.

We found they were open to some small changes, but you have to keep following up with them.

Absolutely no point in trying to do this via SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Homerj1981

Good to see that planting of trees has started in parkland! Will playground be built has anyone asked the management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 myhome123

Hey all,

Does anyone know if there will be shops? I see in the plans the remaining area (building site near the walkway to Sandyford Hall) will have apartments, but I don't see any mention of shops. Wasn't there supposed to be shops, a crèche and even a Go car depot?

Also would anyone have any advice on which wooden floors are suitable for the underfloor heating and how they should be fitted (glued or floating or other)? Or does anyone have technical details on the type of underfloor heating installed?

Thanks!

myhome123 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Does anyone know if there will be shops? I see in the plans the remaining area (building site near the walkway to Sandyford Hall) will have apartments, but I don't see any mention of shops. Wasn't there supposed to be shops, a crèche and even a Go car depot?

Also would anyone have any advice on which wooden floors are suitable for the underfloor heating and how they should be fitted (glued or floating or other)? Or does anyone have technical details on the type of underfloor heating installed?

Thanks!

We are getting engineered wooden floors. Vast majority of floor vendors advised engineered floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 myhome123

We are getting engineered wooden floors. Vast majority of floor vendors advised engineered floors.

Great, thanks. Do you know how they are going to be installed? With my basic knowledge I am thinking they should be glued and with no underlay to ensure maximum heat transfer. Similar to tiles.

Great, thanks. Do you know how they are going to be installed? With my basic knowledge I am thinking they should be glued and with no underlay to ensure maximum heat transfer. Similar to tiles.

Yeah that's my understanding. Just checked my order details and the floor will be glued.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

Ours are engineered wood, glued to the floor. Btw, our floors were not very straight and we had to level them before getting them glued. Also, glue on it's own cost around 10€ per m2.

• Advertisement

MayBea wrote: »
    Ours are engineered wood, glued to the floor. Btw, our floors were not very straight and we had to level them before getting them glued. Also, glue on it's own cost around 10€ per m2.

Do you mean the concrete was not level ? How did you fix this ?

Advertisement